2019-08-15 11:58:35

Hey people, who's using what pass managers to manage and generate your passwords? i just need one so i ask you what you use so i can choose a good accessible pass manager.

2019-08-15 12:28:13

Bitwarden. It's free and open source, browser extensions and mobile apps are accessible, has all the features you'd expect a good password manager to have.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-08-15 12:50:46

+1 for BitWarden

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2019-08-15 14:56:22

I prefer KeePass.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2019-08-15 15:14:20

I use my memory. It's, well not exactly open source, but it sure is free of bugs. Lol.

2019-08-15 16:00:54

I don't know about that. In my experience memory can be very buggy indeed lol

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-08-15 17:36:28

I'm using 1Password or KeyPass

2019-08-15 18:39:07

I use 1password

2019-08-15 19:13:34

I used my own password manager that i made in BGT, but it worked surprisingly, but i lost the source code of it and i lost the executable.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-08-15 20:06:08

Another vote for KeePass. Accessible, open source, has strong encryption, and stores everything locally, not in the cloud. It has apps/programs for basically every platform, too.
I haven't tried Bitwarden, but it seems like a pretty good option, too, since you can selfhost it. There have been quite a few debates about which one is better in the privacy community, but they're both good.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2019-08-15 20:08:08

I've been using KeePass for a few years now. Bit Warden is something I've honestly never heard of before. If you've used both that and KeePass, how do they differ, and how accessible is Bit Warden? I most likely wouldn't switch, but I'm curious all the same.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-15 20:12:53

thank you all for help, i chose bitwarden for some reason lol. It seems pritty cool.

2019-08-16 07:27:04

I use and totally love lastpass.. but am wondering if bitwarden  has the same features, such as autofill, for free. I am asking is because did not see that listed on their page.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-08-16 09:41:18 (edited by defender 2019-08-16 22:26:25)

I use lastpass too, just because it seemed to give me allot for free compared to others, and Keypass was quite complicated with all the apps to choose from and various versions, encryption styles ETC.  It was just more than I really wanted to deal with, where as I knew lastpass's app was totally accessible already, and the browser extension (while somewhat quirky) is plenty usable as well.
My stuff is stored in the cloud it's true, but my master password is pretty good, and I trust them of all people to keep it salted and hashed, they do have good security ratings.
I've also exported my data, so I have it offline as well, and update it when ever I add something important.
And I like that I can use my fingerprint to get my passwords back from my phone even if I lose my master password.

2019-08-16 13:16:52

BitWarden can store passwords, addresses, credit cards, secure notes, and even files up to 200 MB, so you will never lose your scanned ID card, your license file, or whatever you wish to store again. All of this is encrypted locally and sent to the server you are syncing with. The task of a BW server is to sync across clients, store encrypted data, and to provide a web interface, if you do not have a client installed.
The advantage is that your data is hosted wherever you wish, unless you are using their hosted version. You have various clients on various platforms, various browser extensions, Android and iOS clients, etc. BitWarden even integrates with iOS's password autofill, so you can disable keychain and use BW exclusively.
On top of that, you have organizations, so you can have a shared vault for your family, friends, etc. You don't have to worry about generating passwords, since BW has a generator built in, though this is considered normal nowadays.

If the server ever goes down, your data is still available on your devices, so you can export it, or switch to  a different server. If you wish to switch to BW, it can import from a lot of password managers, including 1Password, Keepass, LastPass, Firefox, Gnome Keyring, etc.

All this sounds like marketing hype, but to be honest, I don't think there is anything else out there that is on par with the features you get with BitWarden.

We have recently reported and received some accessibility enhancements, as well.

This hopefully gives you an idea of its capabilities.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2019-08-16 20:32:55

I personally don't use any sort of password manager. My passwords are pretty obscure, and I memorize them. Everything has a different password, though there are associations; the associations would only make sense if you knew exactly how my mind worked, and you don't.
I'll give an example. And no, this is not even close to any of my passwords.
I might make a char on a new MUD, and give it the password GB15RLS. I challenge you to see how that works.
Or here's another one (again, not even close to anything I am using at present, but proves you'd really have to know me to even get close).
I create a new email address for some reason, and its new password is martyars09CM.
Both of those make perfect sense to me and I'd never forget them, but they're unlikely to make sense to someone else.
Anyone using complicated software to crack a password of mine is probably going to be able to do that regardless of where or how I save my info..at which point I've got far bigger problems.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-16 21:39:11

I either use my memory, the Forgot Password button, or my little password generator I made for myself.

2019-08-17 14:58:44

@15
again, nothing that really is different or new. You can do pretty much the same with lastpass, but I like that you don't even have to type things in most cases. It even checks the security of your passwords for you.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-08-18 11:31:40

I use an app of my own making and it's algorithm is rather simple: you enter the word or something with digits, alpha or whatever and app mixes that, then adds it's own runtime generated salt and gives as a suggestion for a password. You just need to remember 1 password that unlocks the software, because that password is used to encode all the data of my passwords and usernames, even with website names and so on. Algorithm is rather simple:
Just take each password character and each character of the data and add them together and when compareing, just subtract the character of the password in a row.