2019-08-15 05:47:26 (edited by Zarvox 2019-08-15 05:48:36)

What are you trying to do that it gives you an error for? The only errors that i know it would give are in alias and macros.

I just noticed that I didn't completely fix the alias and macro error. So I have actually fixed it now. Also, I have noticed that the attirbutes should not have to be enabled or disabled, so I am removing that category from the options panel. If the sound path name is empty, it won't add the early, late, or achievement fail attribute. This will fix a bug where having early or late disabled wouldn't add the early and late attributes in containers that had them.

I will fix this and see if there is anything else to fix and re-release version 8.5.

2019-08-15 14:37:39

hi.
I can't download the program. every time I try, google chrome blocks it. should I use Internet explorer to try to download this?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-08-15 19:31:33

If it is a 429 error it is my dropbox. If not, see if chrome gave a pop up window near the top. Chances are every browser will give an alert. I need a better system than db. Is there a way to do google drive without having to allow permissions? Or a better free file sharing solution.

2019-08-15 19:55:44

would it work to have a skype group as well as the dropbox link so those who don't want to deal with db download can get it from skype? Or is that not a good idea

2019-08-17 06:26:57

Whenever i click on play in the rhythm rage game, i get this error:
---------------------------
BGT Runtime Error
A runtime error occurred.
In function: void startlev(string)
Description: Index out of bounds
Would you like to copy the stack trace text to the clipboard?
Yes   No   
What should i do? Please answer as soon as possible.

Best regards: Marco

2019-08-17 19:51:11 (edited by Zarvox 2019-08-17 19:58:42)

I know why. Slash out the seek= line. I thought I  fixed that but apparently not.

2019-08-18 04:44:57

What do you mean by saying slash out?

2019-08-18 07:25:34

go int othe level you generated and you should see the line debug mode. The next is seek=x. Put 2 slash characters at the beginning of that seek line. The 2 slashes mean the line will be ignored by rhythm rage.

2019-09-06 06:16:55 (edited by Zarvox 2020-02-28 09:07:12)

Hello everyone. Version 9.0 is available now. This version fixes the seek= issue, which is why Rhythm Rage gives you an error.

This version also removes the optional attributes category in the options panel, because it was causing issues for containers.

My favorite thing about this update though, is the amount of code clean up I did!

As always, you can read the change log for all changes, enjoy.

There is a later version than this, please go grab it in post 1 or in the post containing the latest update.

2019-09-06 09:41:03

i should try out this creator. It sounds like a great idea. I need to get the new rr polished and released.   Thanks so much for your work.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-09-06 10:19:08 (edited by Zarvox 2019-09-06 10:30:36)

@35 I'm still thinking of new ideas and enhancements I can do with this creator, it's doing surprisingly well for a bgt product. Imagine what you could do in js. And if you ever want to request the source code let me know. Can't promise it will look nice to your standards, but it is definitely readable, especially since I just cleaned it up a lot.

Oh, and tell me how good I did on the manual. I have to brag, it's amazing.

2019-09-06 10:37:46

that's a great tool for rhythm rage, and thanks for it really smile wish you good luck

Yours kindly

2019-09-06 11:11:04

Thanks. I 100% expected to fail at this project. When making it I couldn't even make a program where you press a button, it plays a sound, then exits. But by some miracle, I have pulled it off. And what once was a shitty little creator is now a high quality effort killing tool. Seriously.

The greatest feeling from this project, is giving back to the community. We have so many good games out there, developers who put a lot of their time into making these games, a lot of which are free. So it feels good to be able to give back to the community, and use this as appreciation for what other people have coded for me to play on my own computer.

And I also really want some new Rhythm Rage packs, so now people can create levels in 20 to 30 minutes, maybe even less. I know Oriol will appreciate this wants he really digs into it. His game can continue to expand by the users who play it, because they don't have to spend hours copying, pasting, and changing the same code over and over.

That's the question that made me create this. I can either code the same thing a million times, but know exactly what I am doing, or code something once that will code those millions for me, but have it be difficult as hell. I went with that option, and it payed off. Way better than I thought.

I had always dreamed of having a creator for this game, ever since I started making levels myself. I just imagined what it would look like, and I asked myself, why can't it exist! Why can't someone just make a simple creator for this! So 2 years later I decided to do it myself since no one else had made one.

And of course, I wanted to give back to the community, so I shared my basic little creator in Noovember, and it sucked. But a lot of people were fasinated by it. Unfortunately, this project haven't gotten that much attention since version 2 release, which is disappointing because now it can do shit you never had thought of! So please share the topic and the program to others, especially if they haven't revisited it since version 2.

2019-09-06 15:19:02

hi
@Zarvox, when I open the program, I can select between yes and no, on the first 2 options, but when I get to the 3rd option, I can't do anything with it.
do you know how I can fix this?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-09-06 20:27:21 (edited by Zarvox 2019-09-06 20:43:04)

Did you try pressing up and down arrow? If so does it give you any options?

I remember having a window problem with this option. The program becomes invisible to windows. I thought I fixed this. If you alt tab out of the window to something else, then look for it again, does it show up in the list?

2019-09-07 07:41:34

Hello everyone. I wanted to tell you what has been going on in my head. I'm exploding with ideas for the creator. They are listed below

editing, be able to edit or delete lines in the level file and other files in the creator.

reverse playback, the creator will play sounds as you press left arrow, and play the sounds again when right arrow is pressed.

Dynamic playback, have the alias sound play if that action had an alias, play the alias and macro sound if that action is part of a macro.

line correction, if you make an action after your first use of the level, have it place that line at the correct position in the file. This can apply to just the playback file or both playback and the level file.

Playback from level file, this may not be possible, or wise, but it's always worth a try. I've heard it's better to playback from a system rather than the file.

better container system, right now deleting containers is a pain in the ass, and the recognition system is aweful.

macro names, add ability to name macros.

feedback, finish the feedback system.

interactive, make interactive tutorial creator.

Which objectives above do you want to see most? I have a main objective for version 10, I'm excited to make it, but I have so many other things I could enhance or add. So I would like to know what y'all want to see most. I can't promise it will be done in the next version, but I will work on it.

2020-02-01 00:57:50 (edited by Zarvox 2020-02-28 09:07:55)

Hello everyone. Version 9.5 of the level creator is released. There are 3 major things for this update.

1. Apparently when you pressed tab it didn't insert the sound you assign to the play action. So yeah that is very important, and I fixed that.

2. It is finally here, I redid containers! No more having to use the 3 stupid container files. There is actually 2 systems you can use for recognizing containers. I will tell you now I have not put in code to delete containers yet, so you have to do it manually. For now, I want to take a break from the container code. That was a lot of work.

3. Playback! Wait, that has been a thing since version 5. Yeah, but well, playback is smart now. It updates in real time, and here it comes... it will play your actions in order automatically!!! Those //open lines are gone now.

Playback also plays the alias sound if the action has an alias. Because of this, old files are not supported. But don't worry, I have included a program in the zip called playback updater, that will automatically convert your playback files to the new format.

On that note, sorry, but you are going to have to make a change to all of your container files to get them working in this version. The first letter is no longer a capital letter, it is lowercase. Of course if you remember them and you are lazy you can just remake them, but it isn't the end of the world having to make the change.

If you have any questions, the manual should help, or you can contact me. If you find any bugs or errors please let me know. Thanks!

There is a later version than this, please go grab it in post 1 or in the post containing the latest update.

2020-02-01 14:08:35

Hello Zarvox,

I would like to download the Level creator for Rhythm rage but if I klick on the google drive link I can't get the file for some reason.
Can you send me the level creator via Dropbox? that would be nice.
Thanks

Best regards

Werner Katz

I like to meet new People.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/katzwerner?lang=de

2020-02-01 19:27:38 (edited by Zarvox 2020-02-01 19:34:45)

Sorry for the google drive error guys. I will do a dropbox link. Lets see if I can do it from my phone

Edit: I can’t. When I am home

2020-02-01 20:13:15 (edited by Zarvox 2020-02-28 09:09:33)

Here is a dropbox link. I also updated posts 1 and 42 with the new link.
Also a helpful heads up, version 10 will be in the new releases room. I will update this topic when version 10 comes out  to redirect people there.

2020-02-15 13:36:44

Dropbox gives me a 404 error.

2020-02-15 16:33:40

I need a better way of doing this

2020-02-15 23:09:12

I will just create a new drop box link. Anyone know a better service? Apparently google drive says no to zip files if they contain an exe file.

2020-02-16 03:19:19

what about one drive or sendspace?

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-02-17 11:25:43

Zarvocs, upload it to uppit.