2019-08-13 15:23:56

Again, this double post is designed to allow a specific bug report to be easily seen by the developer.  Hope that's ok with the mods.

I was going to mention this bug earlier but forgot about it.  It's not possible to tell where recovery items are, nor how to collect them, though I think I have picked up some whilst boosting.  In-game clarification of how this works and audio cues or indicators would be very much appreciated.

Keep up the great work, this is a fine example of how to make a game accessible.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-08-13 15:37:14

because people don't enjoy challenge any longer it seems. Same holds true for the sighted mainstream community, which is the reason Scorpion and Sonya, 2 characters I loved playing as on MK11, got totally nerfed. people were falling for scorpion's teleport tricks, so they make it a high. and Sonya's air control was giving them trouble, so what did players do? start yelling, nerf the character! too op. and bam! no more popup. Back to this game. Sightless, I understand if you can't beat the missions or if you're getting a little frustrated, but please don't tell people that the missions are impossible and not to bother with things as they are and turn every single accessibility feature in the game on. You almost make it sound as if that's a requirement to complete the mission, when it clearly isn't.

2019-08-13 15:58:08

That's not at all what he's saying. He's saying that currently the simultanious notes option doesn't work as it should. I turned those off as well because I have trouble processing things like that at the same time. The scratches should be disabled for them as well.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-08-13 16:48:35

@202
I can see why my suggestions could've been taken as me saying turn absolutely everything on in terms of options, but if you read post 200, hopefully that will clear up where I stand on this matter.

I am all for having a challenge, which is why I turn on or off the smallest number of options to pass missions.  However, if, after trying to pass said challenge on numerous occasions, it is deemed too difficult or impossible to pass for whatever reason, turning on or off options to ease the frustration and make the mission completable should not be out of the question.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-08-13 17:06:36

There is a bug where the option to remove simultaneous inputs doesn't work on the scratches.  I'll fix it.  I also have an idea to use a different type of scratch sound to use for one of the sides, so that it isn't just the panning that differentiates them.

2019-08-13 18:35:41

Looking forward to hopefully being able to play this game on win 7, although I can understand if that could be a tricky issue to fix, particularly as my graphics processor is a legacy processor according to Intel.

2019-08-13 18:40:46

aaron, I don't think I have gotten anywhere with the crash.  Plenty of people are playing on windows 7, but you should have the latest graphics drivers for whatever hardware you have.  That would be the first thing I would suggest for that particular crash, which seems graphics related.

2019-08-13 19:49:14

Is there a way we could get an entirely different sound for enemy drivers/bots? When boosting I usually don't even notice the sound. The pitch change helped but I still find it hard to tell where they are.

Also i  sometimes get a crash bug before missions, though it's rare and I can't reliably reproduce it. I'm on Windows 10 and using the Intel Integrated Graphics HD 520 which, though terrible, shouldn't be causing it to crash. It seems to happen when SAPI gets interrupted at the right time, usually if I hit enter quickly when a track is loading.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-13 20:00:37

I can usually reproduce this bug by mashing the A button when sapi is speaking as a race loads. So not sure if it happens only when narration is active, or if you try pressing buttons when game is loading content. there are some interesting crazy bugs as well, once I was just racing, minding my own business, when out of nowhere, game windo just closed on me. how rude! haha

2019-08-13 20:29:26

Hey, It wanted to say, stop playing me, and do something else! He he. I love this game so much. I just completed standard difficulty. Now time for challenging.

2019-08-13 20:29:30

got the same problem like those who plays on win 7. the game runs fine, however when I complete a mission or if I failed at a rhythm the game is not responding. I've tried changing all the video settings but it's still the same. any idea on what's wrong?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-08-13 22:31:55

I wonder if anybody here who is having those issues is able to turn narration off and see if that changes anything?

2019-08-13 23:00:05

same thing, turning off narration makes no differents. after completing a mission or a track in arcade mode the result screen doesn't come up, same goes if you failed in a rhythm or if you press the pause button and want to restart or quit to the main menu.
also my other problem with the game is at the hyper drifting tutorial. I supposed to tap the H key once to do the hyper drift but it doesn't work, instead it plays an error sound or something. any tips?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-08-14 08:02:39

Hi.
I'm finding it extremely difficult to calibrate the game to the lag because I'm playing on a virtual machine.
I can only get an accuracy around 92% by setting the time adjustment around -80.
I have a suggestion for the calibration feature:
Make a feature like in the Rock band games, where you press a button to the rhythm, and the game will automatically calibrate to your devices.
I really like the game accept for this trouble.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-08-14 20:48:58 (edited by stewie 2019-08-14 20:49:27)

Are you sure it's a lag issue? Accuracy is millisecond perfect, even hitting all notes perfectly my max was like 96% or 97% on a good day

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-14 22:56:39

SLJ, the game doesn't have a calibration mode, but if you look at the extra information on the score screen with F1 or by clicking the right stick, you should get an average timing offset which you can use to adjust the timing.

Although, a score above 90% isn't bad at all.

2019-08-15 01:22:58

Can someone help me with the Project Avian mission? I'm able to steer past some of the barriers, but some later on just hit me no matter what I do. I sometimes get to the very last barrier, which seems to just take up the whole track or something because I cannot get past it but by that point my stealth is so low it just instantly kills me. The robots are so quiet that I can't tell how far away they are and some of them have managed to shoot me even though they are panned off to the right. Also even when  I'm past the barriers sometimes the sound still remains so I can never tell when to release boost and so I take collision damage from the edge of the track. How did people get past this?

2019-08-15 02:44:24

stewie, i should soon upload a new version that gives the "bots" a new distinct sound.

also, in project avian, there is one case where the correct route through the barriers is directly down the middle of the track

2019-08-15 04:40:08

Hello guys,
Okay so I'm starting this post off by saying the dev already knows about my problem.
Just so it can save him a bit of reading if he's trying to catch up on forum posts.
I wrote about it earlier on this post, and the dev had asked me to email him with the logs.
Well, we are coming up blank.
I decided to put up another post, because since there are so many people looking at this thread, I thought someone might come up with a solution as yet unthought of by either myself or the dev since I really do want to play this game.
So what is my problem?
Well each time I either have to retry a level, or when I move on to a new level, the game simply crashes.
It does not give an error report. It simply says "Sequence storm, not responding' and just hangs there for an age.
At one point, out of morbid curiosity, I left it there for a few minutes, but no it just hangs there forever.
Before anyone asks, my graphics drivers are all up to date. That was the first thing that was asked of me.
Also, I tried deleting my settings file, as well as my save file, to see if that might fix the problem.
It did not. So currently, things are coming up pretty empty.
However, if anyone on here thinks of any suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.
Oh also, I'm in a windows seven machine, and the game itself when I'm playing a level runs perfectly fine. So I doubt it's because my pc can't handle it or anything, because there's no lag, my pc isn't even running hard when it loads the game.
So I highly doubt that's the reason.
Anyways, hope to hear from you all soon.
Thanks for reading my ramblings.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2019-08-15 04:44:53

The next version, which I think I will post tomorrow morning because I still need to run tests, will have a bit more information about crashes in the log files.  So, if I can be re-sent the logs after getting a crash with the next version, the logs will be much more useful.

2019-08-15 11:45:54

Hi @special magic games.
Thanks for the answer regarding the calibration. I thought the accuracy was important. smile
I assume it's the syncronized judgement result you are referring to?
I have completed everything in the demo version on the easy difficulty level, and I'm now working on the higher difficulty levels. I'm really liking the game...
The only thing I don't get is how steering works. I don't know what sounds to listen for to know if I should steer left or right. The barriers for example, are sometimes panning from the left to the right.
I hope a learn sounds feature will be made in the game soon, because there are still a lot of sounds which I'm not sure on what means.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-08-15 14:09:18

I bought the full game + soundtrack bundle but I couldn't find any way to view the soundtrack. Or do you have to wait till you complete all the missions to view it

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-08-15 14:13:14

It should be in your game directory, by default the same as where Steam is installed.

Hth,
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2019-08-15 17:35:13

In the new build, I attempted to add a PDB file but something isn't quite working so the logs aren't any more useful.  I'm sorry about the crashes and problems but it is very difficult for me to diagnose from here, especially when I'm not experiencing any of those issues.  I've never had any of these issues until just recently.

2019-08-15 18:03:52

@SilverMoon this is the issue that I'm having as well, so it's definitely looking like it's not graphics related.