2019-08-14 14:48:06

MasterOfDeath, we aren't talking about listening to music on youtube. We're talking very specifically about cracking Manamon, and the original poster saying he had "no choice". That's patently ridiculous; of course he had a choice.

I have made my stances on capitalism, copyright and piracy extremely clear. So has the forum.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 15:29:18 (edited by Stealthy 2019-08-14 15:32:41)

@jade
I make no attempt to condridict  what you've said on purpose.
How evre, i don't understand why you couldn't use a crack if you've bought the game, the dev still gets the money, i don't see any loss from it on the dev's part, especially if the dev doesn't  respond to posts, i have no idea if he does or not. How evre  if i am wrong please feel free to call me out on it.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 15:36:34

To all appearances, the dev does sometimes respond to requests, but not always. Some have apparently had better luck than others.
That said, you are advised when you purchase this product that you should back up your information (I'd have to double check, but I'm about 95% sure on this). As such, it's your responsibility, not the dev's responsibility. I think a better solution is needed, but does this mean you should be allowed to crack the game? Me, I'd say no. Especially since we don't actually have definitive proof that the original poster actually bought the game in the first place. Now, stop right there; I'm not accusing him of lying. I'm simply taking a big-picture perspective, considering all the facts. If the original poster deleted the email they got which registered Manamon, then there's probably no proof they can provide which demonstrates they bought the game. And even if there were, the fact that a crack is just floating around is not okay, because even if this user is legit and is only trying to re-access what he paid for once, that will not be true for everyone.
And there's still, of course, the issue of "having no choice". It's a game, people. There is always a choice.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 15:42:20

Fair enough
While he may have deleted it from the email client, at least on gmail, two copies of your emails get stored.
One in your email client of choice and one on the site your using for your emails, i fully agree that there shouldn't be any crack.
How evre, there surely isanother method to have your data backuepd up such as a dat file containing your activation information.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 15:53:30

@26, so why is this topic still here then. Because by what I've seen in the forum feedback topic, everyone hates cracks and things, and while this topic isn't necessarily a direct discussion on where to get cracks, the poster is, in a way asking for a new key, which if you ask me, is kind of asking for a crack. And I thought this forum didn't like crack discussions anyway?

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-08-14 15:56:54

Right from the licence agreement which probably nobody read, section 1:
A. Installation and Use.
VGStorm.com grants you the right to install one (1) copy of this SOFTWARE on your computer running a validly licensed copy of the operating system for which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT was designed [e.g. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and later]. One license is granted per computer.
B. Backup Copies.
You may make one (1) copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any registration keys thereof as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 16:00:16

@26: then let's say it was his only choice to play the game.

And lol, the paied vg storms don't even work on winxp and vista:d.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-08-14 16:04:50

I assume they do on Vista, but even if not, he was working on fixing XP support.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 16:58:11

@jade, I understand, but as one of them said, I had already bought the game, and no I can not proove it.
I say, once again, I bought the game back when I didn't know what the hell I was doing around computers, and I didn't even have an inkling about backing things up, I was 10 for god's sake!
This whole thing has been sorted out, this topic is a flamewar in progress, we've already got sparks. I suggest stopping it while we're ahead.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 18:40:58

@22 Your propensity for attacking someone way more than they attacked you isn't helpful here. It's like being shot with a supersoaker, but shooting back with a BFG-9000. MasterOfDeath will continue to pick at you, I recommend ignoring them.

@34 That doesn't excuse you using a crack now, at least, from the forum's point of view. This topic should therefore be closed.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-14 20:37:42

@35, exactly what I'm saying haha.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 21:11:27

Moderation:
I am closing this topic.
Simply put. There is no justification for using cracks especially game cracks. if you have an issue with a developer, take it up with them privately. if you feel you are not getting an answer from them, feel free to ask on forum about how they may be contacted. Someone may be able to help you bridge the gap.
18 and 20. All I am going to say is that though I do not 100 percently agree with the response  from 22. Your actions are not helpful in the least. our job on this forum is to moderate it and keep the discussion of cracked games and software from turning up here.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven