2019-08-13 05:45:27

hello everyone.
I wanted to create this topic to express some feelings I have about the recent tk drama between users and admins of this forum. I am not trying to create any drama, and I appologize now if my post in any way leads to more drama. If this is the case, I will fully accept a moderation warning without question.
I feel this needs said, and I am only going to say this once.
There is a missunderstanding I think many people have about the reason this moderation warning was given the other day to this user who asked about where to get tk.
Whenever someone registers for something that has a clear set of rules or gidlines that need to be followed, it is the users responsibility to read those rules. "I didn't know," is simply not an excuse. If you register for this forum or fail to check rules when it is noted that a new rule has been added, then it is fully your fault, not the moderators. I am franky disgusted at the attitude of people on this forum of late. The forum used to be a place where we could discuss games and have a good time. Now it has turned into a place where there is pointless bickering everyday, and indeed much fingerpointing at the moderators i feel is not warranted.
I hope people will take into consideration what I have said, because I felt I needed to say something about this. Again, if my post causes drama, I will fully accept any action from the moderators.
Thanks for reading.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-08-13 16:34:28

It's actualy not about that. Maybe we blame the moderators for everything, but then let me ask the following question: why was it all better at Dark's time? And why did it become a mess as these new powerhungry admin came up?
It's not about that the player himself didn't know about the newly set rules. How do you know that he wanted to clone it? In my opinion, it's both the original developer's and the players' fault as well, but I'm pretty sure there were many discussions about this on the forum, so am not starting another one. But for some weird reasons, other games don't get leaked out, don't get clones and all that stuff. And for the simple question "why", the answer is just as simple: other developers are much more mature and they seriously know what they are doing.

2019-08-13 17:58:37

MasterOfDeath, honest question here.
Why do you have to talk about people being power-hungry, over and over, pretty much any chance you get, without providing any proof? I dunno, but to my way of seeing it, the admins have actually been fairly quiet of late. Note how the dude in question got a caution? Cautions aren't punishments. They're just nudges not to do a thing. The Killer is just a hot mess, so we don't want to deal with it. Lots of mistakes were made, and I don't really care who started it or who finished it or who has the lion's share of blame. It's virtually impossible to sort out, so for now, trying to dig up TK on this forum is going to be frowned on. We're not insta-banning people. We're not throwing our weight around. We're not hurting anyone. So for the love of crumbcake, can you quit with this "power-hungry" business?

You want to know why it was supposedly better in Dark's time? Well first of all, talk to Aprone about that; I double-dog-dare you. But from my side of it, the reason is simpler. Dark didn't really change a lot; he was pretty steady and the forum, itself, was the same. Things were clear-cut, and no one was making demands. But when all the scandals broke, suddenly the forum members decided that everything was the fault of mods or admins or whatnot, and suddenly everything was wrong. It became very difficult to do the right thing, to do anything at all, without being hounded. This doesn't mean that we didn't make mistakes. We absolutely did; I've said it before. Some, albeit not all, of those mistakes were definitely mine. But the forum responded to mistakes and good intentions and good faith with what I consider a rather long and ill-deserved campaign to get exactly what they want. We responded by making rules more transparent, by discussing damn near everything before we did it, by being more transparent in general, and by holding people accountable for what they do, and in the minds of some (you, perhaps, with this power-hungry business), it's still not enough. Just take a hot second and imagine how that feels, why don't you.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-14 16:49:52

Good one, 3. It appears that Master of Death here is clearly just throwing around terms without knowing what he's actually talking about... tongue

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-17 13:31:48

um, a question: do we really need to bring this back?

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-08-17 14:02:24

Well you just did, so good job.

2019-08-17 21:39:53

I was only expressing my thoughts about this issue and encouraging forum members to think about what I had said. I don't think that classifies as bringing this back, so please don't assume that's what I was trying to do. I made it very clear in my first post what my ententions were in making the post.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-08-17 23:43:31

@7, I believe that post 6 was talking about what post 5 did.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-18 14:22:42

Hi
I can say its the fault of the developer.
the post 2 is right in some point.
the developer of ultra power has started the whole drama. The idea of ultra power type of FPS game is really the great Idea and I've seen a lot of pottential in it but what happened that somehow the sourcecode got leaked and everyone thought that they are the developer and they can creat the game and specially the fps one.
remember the drake holis and fighter who are banned from the forum.
so this was the whole drama.
and now the killer it was the clone of redspot game.
I've a simple opinion that if you want to creat a game then do not share the code with the person whom you cannot trust.
and as far as the question of dark being a moderater you cannot be selective and can say that in the time of Dark everything is good
Remember the ban of whalter van vick and reversing the process.
Remember everything and take it with consideration for the future.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2019-08-18 19:34:27

@9, it is hard to determine whom you can trust and whom you can't when working with source code. Its even harder with version control systems like Git, Fossil, Subversion, etc.

My Github