2019-08-14 03:40:14

Hi,
So I saw on this forum a while ago that I can use Pyglet for HRTF audio or whatever the name is for 3D audio. However, it doesn't seem to be working. I have written some test files that play sounds with the listener and player moving in different ways but the sound still sounds like it's panning around in a stereo field, much like the audio in BGT. Is there a way to fix this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I really don't want o have to use OpenAl directly, because it's a lot of coding and learning, so if I can find a way to do what I want with Pyglet, I'd be very happy in deed. Thanks!

2019-08-14 07:29:12

The latest versions of Pyglet supports 3D positional Audio, but does not support more advanced features like HRTF or EFX. I had written some scripts to enhance pyglets functionality, I can dig these up if you prefer, though you'll need to copy over a few files in your pyglet install before you can get started. Alternatively you can use my [Python OpenAL Examples], which include an easy to use wrapper with examples for 3D audio, HRTF, EFX, and recording, and can also be used with Pyglet. Keep in mind also that when it comes to HRTF, people can have differently shaped ears, which can change the resulting effect. In order to get the right effect for yourself, you'll need to change which HRTF table your using, but no worries, as the example pack also comes with a number of pre-compiled HRTF tables to choose from.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer