2019-08-13 19:34:46

HI!
So I did buy Manamon a while ago, but, this was back when I was stupid and didn't really know things about computers so I didn't back it up, I lost the key with a computer switch.
Now, I would just use the crack that is available online, and I'll admit, I did use it a few times on Manamon, because I had already bough it and I was not going to pay for that again, but one problem. I need online functionality to trade.
I promise that I've bought this, and I wouldn't ask this if I haden't already tried everything else.
Of course, if you are willing to give me one, please email me at [email protected], because you probably don't want it out on the forum.

Note: I can't really ask Aaron to give me a new key because we've seen that he doesn't really care about such things and also that he doesn't even check his emails anymore, so, I'm kinda screwed.
Thanks, and cheers:
Redfox.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-08-13 19:41:50

Have you even tried contacting him? I mean, what is to loose by trying. I've heard some people got new keys from him.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

Thumbs up

2019-08-13 19:49:39

There's a way to trade and battle online with crack, but obviously i'm not going to discuss this here.

Thumbs up

2019-08-13 20:03:27

Ahem. I've pointed out in the past that Aaron replaced my Paladin of the Sky key without any complaint. And this was -after I pissed him off by dumping a ton of criticism on his games publicly. Now admittedly, this was over a year ago now, and he may not be obligated to help you, but still. It's semi-likely that he'll at least read the email.

I'd also like to point out that discussing cracks is a bad idea. None of you are as yet asking how to crack, where to get it, etc, and I advise you keep on the straight and narrow there. The fact that this even exists bugs the heck out of me. And the fact that people can just blithely admit to having cracked a commercial game also bothers me.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +1

2019-08-13 20:58:09

No worries, as far as I know only an older version of the game was cracked, and even then you cannot trade unless you get the other person to do that same version which is just a major pain to do. As for keys, yep, first contact him and don't just assume he does not care. Updating the game and replacing keys are two different things. Even if he does not replace it, chances are nobody will give you a key, not because they don't trust you but because there is a limit on how many computers you can register the game before it flags you as a pirate.

Thumbs up

2019-08-13 21:26:00

I have a question. How many times can you reinstall these games before they get flagged? I've formatted my computer a couple of times over the years that I've had Psycho Strike, which is the only title I ever bought from VG Storm. In the event that I need to do so again, I don't think it would be fair if I couldn't register the game, particularly because there's no deactivate option.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

Thumbs up

2019-08-13 23:07:57

I honestly think you can install strike as much as you want, I think this applies only to Manamon. Reason being that the game verifies your licence when you either do something online or the game checks for updates, both of which strike does not do as far as I know. I have also reinstalled strike many times after formatting my PC and it worked fine, so I assume there will be nothing wrong. Of course, the only person knowing the definitive answer to this is Aaron.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 00:14:41

yeah, that does make sense. I just assumed that when registering all the titles, it has to phone home to do so. I never tried it without internet access, so maybe it doesn't.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 01:35:27

@jade, I don't like it either, but I thought it was really my only option.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 01:35:49

The only games that there are key limits of uses on are paladin of the sky and manamon. And aaron doesn't seem to even be in the blind community anymore, i tried emailing him a while ago, and got nothing. Also redfox, do you still have the email with your key?

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 03:33:09

What a damn stress. What if my computer crash, re-installs, blue screen to death, ETC? I should have known this before spent $40 for that shit.

2019-08-14 04:06:59

Hello.
I have asked Aaron approximately two months ago. Here is a paste of the conversation I had with him:
user:
Hello VGStorm. I am a player of one of your games Manamon, and I have a working registration key. I have a few questions for you:

1. What is the limit of computers on which a key can be registered?

2. Does reinstallation of Windows count against you with this limit?

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Aaron's response which came approximately two days later:

Hello!

There isn't a limit really, as long as you are the only user of said computer. If you aren't, then there will be issues. But since reinstalling or updating Windows is still you playing the game, you're good.
Does that clear up anything?
I must also say here that generating negative feelings about this developer, rather than trying to be courteous towards him, and contact him respectfully about it is not going to encourage him to want to participate in this community anymore. I believe that we should always do our best to show professional respect to our developers, as our actions online or offline represent who we are as a community.

Thumbs up +1

2019-08-14 04:13:48

This is why everyone should keep backups of their game registrations. Since they're not terribly sensitive information, you could get away with keeping them in a text file, then backing them up to a different drive/cloud storage as you see fit. I did this myself for several years, because I don't save emails at all if I can help it, so saving the keys felt natural to me whenever I would order something. however, if you use a password manager, which you really should be doing in 2019, adding your registration keys to it makes a lot of sense. This way, you have everything you need in one place, and have the peace of mind of knowing that you're most likely not going to lose them.

Thumbs up +2

2019-08-14 04:48:30

+1 TurtlePower. I couldn't agree more with what you just said. In fact, I have my keys backed up in a place where I can always reach them.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 05:30:06

@Redfox, using a cracked version of a game is never, ever your only choice. You always have the choice not to play the game. Sorry. That doesn't fly as an excuse. If it's some sort of software you need for your studies, or a screenreader or whatnot, then we could sit down and have a chat about that. But a game? Nope. All kinds of nope.

Thumbs up +2

2019-08-14 09:08:06

When it comes to key replacements, I was one of those who got absolutely nothing back. I once emailed him for a manamon key replacement, and I got literally nothing.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 11:07:21

Hmm. How recently have you e-mailed him, and would you ever try again?

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 11:49:21

Damn I so love that everyone acts as a saint when it comes to cracking games. I just can't believe Jayde never ever played with a cracked game, but seriously.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 11:58:47

Helo. Just as a general tip to everyone.
After e-mailing a person, check your spam folder constantly, because when I got the response from Aaron, for some reason, it was put in Spam.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 12:07:35

kind of agree with @18

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 12:44:35

@18 And yet you have absolutely no proof at all Jayde did ever crack a game. All this throwing pointless accusations around is an awful trent lately.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 12:47:21

Posts 18 and 20 (MasterOfDeath and SkyLord):
There is absolutely nothing to be gained and plenty to be lost by posts like this. You can like it or you can choose to not take me at my word, but my point stands. Games are not necessities. You never -need to crack them. You can always simply choose not to play them, so saying "it was my only choice" simply makes no sense. Continuing to cast aspertions on my character this way, I think, might eventually count as character assassination; we're not there yet, but I should think it would come to that eventually, especially given who it's coming from and given the fact that it's all being said with absolutely no basis in fact.
Here's the plain version: stop trying to smear mud on me, you two. Just stop. Now. If I do something legitimately bad and you want to criticize that, then fine. Call me out. This time I haven't. Get over it.

Thumbs up +1

2019-08-14 13:20:43

superb wrote:

Hello.
I have asked Aaron approximately two months ago. Here is a paste of the conversation I had with him:
user:
Hello VGStorm. I am a player of one of your games Manamon, and I have a working registration key. I have a few questions for you:

1. What is the limit of computers on which a key can be registered?

2. Does reinstallation of Windows count against you with this limit?

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Aaron's response which came approximately two days later:

Hello!

There isn't a limit really, as long as you are the only user of said computer. If you aren't, then there will be issues. But since reinstalling or updating Windows is still you playing the game, you're good.
Does that clear up anything?
I must also say here that generating negative feelings about this developer, rather than trying to be courteous towards him, and contact him respectfully about it is not going to encourage him to want to participate in this community anymore. I believe that we should always do our best to show professional respect to our developers, as our actions online or offline represent who we are as a community.

I might agree with you, but this developer pretty much has a history of being flaky at best, completely unresponsive at worst. I'd say his only really good title was AAC, and even that had major balancing issues which for me at least, made the game practically unplayable on some of the higher levels. Cyco strike was an ok game in it's own right, just majorly false advertised and over priced for what you got.
As for his other titles, I shouldn't even need to go there. Mannamon was just pokimon if pokinon had had a 40 dollar price tag, and palaton was and is just a huge mess that tryed and failed to be an RPG. And let's not even start on the fact that unless you count a couple posts in the mannimon key topic last year, he hasn't posted at all since the beginning of 2017, and hasn't updated mannimon at all in all that time. All I'm saying is I'm seriously glad I never baught any of these games.
So basically, what I'm trying to say is this. Developers, if you expect respect from your players, you have to show them some in return.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 13:37:14

Personally, I am satisfied with these games, because of their complexity and challenge that has not been seen in many audio games.

Thumbs up

2019-08-14 13:55:03

Jayde, I am not saying that you played with any cracks for sure. I know it's stated in the rules that we are not allowed to crack, and, honestly, I fully agree with that, because it's illegal, just like torrents and stuff like that. I fully agree. But accusing someone so hardly just gives a feeling to us like you are the saint who never cracked any games, who never did any harm to any games. Just FYI, I'm pretty sure you don't buy every single song that you listen to, from the original singers and bands, as the songs come out, but you download them from youtube instead. So shall we accuse you? That's a kind of stealing, or in this gamer community, cracking, as well.

Thumbs up