A new TDV version is out. You can get it from https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Velocity
If you already have it, the auto updater will fetch it for you.
You can view the formatted change log by going here: https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Vel … angelog.md
Here is the change log:
Version 2.31, released on 08/01/2019
• The Ogg Vorbis player in BPCSharedComponent.dll has been completely rewritten to take advantage of the latest advances in C#; this has resulted in much cleaner code in the Ogg player. TDV also uses a new library, NVorbis, to decode Ogg packets. In addition, it uses XAudio2 to play music and large cut scenes instead of DirectSound. Finally, Ogg files are streamed into memory instead of loading and decoding entire files at once. This results in a lower memory footprint and allows cut scenes to play with no delays. Previously, the game would take at least a few seconds to load large cut scenes and would occupy a significant portion of memory since the entire decoded Ogg files would be stored in memory (#91)
• When using a screen-reader, proper object names are now announced instead of their programmatic names (#90)
Version 2.30, released on 07/28/2019
• On startup, TDV now asks the player to configure how menus and status messages are spoken. The game can speak messages using either recorded wave files or by using the player's screen reader. This allows for quick localization of written text and allows the player to control the rate of speech of menus and status messages since these messages can be routed to screen-reading software (#82), (#85)
• When throttling up or down, a click will sound when the throttle is closed, one quarter, one half, three quarters and full open (#86)
• A click to mark zero degrees plays as the aircraft turns. The player can turn towards the click to reach zero degrees (#83)
• A new status command, SHIFT + F, announces how many times the player is able to call on the midair refueler for assistance in Mission Mode (#80)
• A new status command, O, replays the most recent mission objective when in Mission Mode (#63)
• When saving a game in Mission Mode and then reloading the same game in that session, the aircraft would orient itself to the in-game heading instead of the heading from the save file (#64)
• When the refueler runs out of fuel in Mission Mode, the proper message is now played instead of just the lock broken signal (#77)
• Some RIO messages that were never played in the game have been removed (#84)
• Under certain circumstances, the music would restore to full volume instead of the volume it was set at when the game regains focus (#81)
• The "RIO Messages" option is now above the "Save Game" option to make it more accessible (#75)
• The Cruise Missiles will no longer wipe out the boss aircraft in one hit. Their effectiveness against other targets has not changed (#60)
• In Mission Mode, all fighters that swarm the player are no longer labeled "fighter 1" (#56)
Get Treasure Hunt, a top-down shooter released by my company and that is now open source!
Get Three-D Velocity, a combat flight simulator released by my company and that is now open source!