2019-08-11 17:56:49

hello. I'm cat, yes, I'm your favorite cat! Haha, I cant enter mason's forum, I tryit, but don't work

2019-08-11 18:37:43

The database got screwed, he's working on bringing it back up.

2019-08-11 19:42:35 (edited by cat 2019-08-11 19:42:48)

hahaha, Oh, classic mason

2019-08-11 21:00:30

What do you mean by that, post 3?

2019-08-11 23:08:01

Yep. Classic me indeed. tongue

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-08-13 05:16:58

It's gone, almost certainly not coming back.

2019-08-13 10:50:24 (edited by LordLundin 2019-08-13 10:51:52)

I mean, do we really need another forum?
Given the state of things, I'd say we do ... unfortunately this place has a monopoly on blindy game communication, and until it gets bad to a point where most feels the impact, it'll continue to exist and thrive.
Not that the alternatives aren't good enough yet, riddled with issues such as that thing where it randomly goes down / doesn't have a good enough moderation team, or for any other reason. This place still has the resources and collective history to last quite a while.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-08-13 12:49:16

actually its dead.
look at the topic about the forum in the offtopic room.
here is the quote from defender.

defender wrote:

Important Announcement
I'm officially calling the masonasons.me forum dead.  Mason does not seem interested in remaking it, and pretending otherwise would be unfair to the community.
I wish he was the one to say this, especially given that he's decided to start posting here again despite saying he wouldn't be doing so any more, but it is what it is.
Who knows, it might come back in some form in the future, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Thankfully we didn't lose much of value in the end, as nothing said there was all that different than here anyway.  I don't much regret my time moderating there, so it could have been worse.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-08-13 15:07:42

Not to be mean or kloner sun or so, but who would like me remake something like it?

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-08-13 15:51:40

Honestly, what's the point. We already have this place. While it can be drama filled and toxic, at times, important key words there, the alternatives will be just the same not a short time from they're launch.

2019-08-13 16:40:31

@4 that ought to be obvious by now.
@9 lol, noone trusts you more than they could throw a 100kg 190cm bearded muscular dude.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-13 19:49:23

@11, we'll see about that.

2019-08-13 21:35:00

I think the best bet would be a subreddit, I really do.  More and more blind people are starting to use it...  Though still not enough.
But we need some kind of backup.

2019-08-13 22:52:26

I see the advantages, i.e. no building, no sysadmin shit. Idk though.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-14 00:13:22

There is one already though, right? I don't think anyone posts in it though. As for creating another forum, I've said this time and time again, and will continue to do so even though I know I'm wasting my time. Having a secondary forum is not a bad thing in and of itself. You won't cause fragmentation by doing so. Mason's now-defunct forum, doomed to failure as it was, is proof of that. The same people still posted here who had accounts there. It would be like saying that there should only be one social media platform in existance, because if there were more than one, everyone would jump ship and only use the new one. Of course, we all know that's utter bullshit.

The problem we have is that there aren't very many people who are up to the task of running such a place, and that, more than anything, is why we don't have any other audio gaming-related forums. I don't blame people for not wanting to do it, honestly. I sure wouldn't.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-14 01:56:59

Hi.
As far as I'm concerned, it would be nice to have a separate forum.
1 main advantage I could see is using the secondary forum as a testing ground for new programmes. IE If someone developed a Fortnight for the blind, and it's not quite finished, you could upload it there so people could give constructive criticism and the dev could update and perfect their programme. Also, It could be used as a forum for younger people to chat in a less controlled and monitored environment and, filter out the trash spam from this forum.
That's My 2 Cents.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-14 14:18:10

Ok guys, if i can hopefully bring mysql to work i will soon be able to bring a forum up.

2019-08-14 15:39:50

Good, all the little spam kiddies will go there and all the real people will not.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-14 18:32:09

Should the spammers do that, if they like beeing ban hammered.

2019-08-15 00:04:46 (edited by defender 2019-08-15 00:05:25)

LOL good luck Simter...  This should be amusing, at least for a short amount of time.

2019-08-15 02:45:34

I actually don't see the humor at all. people in this community are so resistant to the idea of there being a secondary forum that any failures are magnified a hundredfold.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-15 03:44:57

It seems this forum has a monopolistic outlook on audio gaming forums. It seems that the forumites become threatened at the sound of a new forum being announced. Take the ATB Forum. People were wishing it bad, but even though Mason screwed up in the end, it was actually working out.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-15 05:33:06

Trust me Turtlepower, I'm not one of the people who believes that.  I'm laughing because it's Simter of all people doing it, that's all.
I mean he isn't the absolute worst choice, but he's near the bottom, and he's really just a kid him self, and not a mature one either.
There are so many things wrong with this idea of his that I don't even see the point in listing them all, because I know he'll just do it anyway.
So instead I'll sit back, laugh, and hope he learns from it...

2019-08-15 14:46:36

that's funny, i was actually planing to give you admin since you did good on atb @23, but after this statement i will think a little more.

2019-08-15 14:58:39

Jesus, Defender, Ironcross, way to keep people down - especially if they're just kids. I hope you never have any kids certainly.
Also, I can throw a 100 KG 190 CM guy - well at least I could.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.