2019-08-13 05:57:58

Hi. I have a problem with this. I had follow exacly the article says in the articles room about steam no-dwrite. However, both my nvda review and jaws cursor doesn't work at all in steam interface. I don't know what to do. I hope you guys can help me. a big thanks for those who help. thanks

2019-08-13 16:08:19

Try ending the steam process and relaunching it. I had that issue too. Or restarting your computer should help and might be better. Also be sure you're launching Steam from the correct place i.e. if you used -no-dwwrite on the desktop shortcut, launch Steam from the desktop.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-13 16:46:09

That doesn't work when steam is launched via it's own service. It must be launched from the shortcut that you've made in order for that parameter to go through.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-14 04:18:51

yeah. I'm using the default shortcut on my desktop. however, still nothing. I don't know. maybe I gonna try the c drive directry and see how. I try run it as an admin. still nothing. but thanks for your answer guys

2019-08-14 04:32:40 (edited by mike-tan 2019-08-14 04:33:39)

sorry for double posting. I need someone to remote my pc with nvda and see wether my parameter I entered for steam is correct or not. because I try to restart my pc after I set the parameter, it still not working. really need someone to remote me. you can contact me on skype: tan.mike.foong. then I will give you guys the server host because i'm currently not using nvdaremote.com as the host.

2019-08-14 04:46:36

I'm having this problem as well... the command is -no-dwrite, correct? Exactly as written? It used to work like years ago, but after an update it broke.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-14 05:40:32 (edited by musicalman 2019-08-14 05:40:49)

@5, maybe I'm being too paranoid, but asking people to remote into your machine for something like this is imho a bad idea. Get the wrong person to do it and they will take your username and password, and who knows what else. I really don't like the idea of strangers remoting into my machine personally. I've seen too many bad things happen when people have access to passwords.

@6 so far as I know that's right. What kinds of things have you tried to get it to display the alternate interface?
Have you, as a test, tried killing steam.exe in task manager and relaunching it using your -no-dwrite shortcut? If that fixes it, then check to see if Steam is starting with Windows, and if so, disallow that.
I also see a steam client service, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I never had to touch it, so I kinda doubt that has an effect on this.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.