2019-08-12 06:44:34

@24, I must disagree with you on that statement. This is just another version of an onscreen MIDI keyboard with some extra functionality added in; it is no different from Reapers, for example, other than adding some extra stuff. $15.00 is an exteme and gives me the impression that you are greedy for money. I would advise you to reconsider your pricing model.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-12 14:07:27

why don't you guys think the hard work that he did to this program
2 years is inuf for 15$ and wel; that's only my opinion

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-08-12 15:20:39

Agreed with 26

2019-08-12 15:58:45

You can get midi controllers for less than $100. Maybe not with all the features of a good one, but you can still get one. Also, this one has the limitations of your computer's keyboard. For one thing, if you r using a cheap keyboard, which is not a gaming keyboard, chances are that only about 4 or so keys can be registered at once. To get the effect of being able to press every key at the same time, like you could do on an actual hardware midi controller, you need a keyboard with N-key rollover, so that all keys can be registered simultaneously. To further the limitations you would experience with a qwerty keyboard, simply being able to play solos with it is sort of limiting. While it certainly could be used for composing music, doing anything extravagant isn't going to happen. You also don't have the same precision of actual pitch and mod wheels, or knobs and faders. while software can mimic this, and maybe even to a passable degree, it isn't going to be the same experience as the actual hardware. So comparing the software version to a hardware controller is a bit of a stretch.

The only difference with this program that you don't get with Reaper's on screen keyboard is the mod wheel, pitch wheel and faders. You can, however, use Reaper's virtual midi keyboard in concert with an iPhone or iPad app. The two I use are TouchOSC, which I believe is $5, and Aftertouch, which is free. I also use Knob Lab, which is free to download but you will need to pay something like $2.99 to unlock all the layouts.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-12 16:05:42

This program seems like a nice idea, but it's not something that I'd pay for when most daws have their own version of an on-screen keyboard. Pitch bending and property controls aren't worth $15 to me personally. I'd have to agree with @26 for the most part. I don't think using the prices of actual physical midi controllers really works for justifying your own price

@22
The last thing I'd call Reaper is hard to set up. On many various systems that I've used it on, it's never given me trouble as far as getting everything up and running. When it comes to its virtual keyboard, I believe it's perfectly fine. Of course, I use a midi controller for most of what I do in Reaper, but I can easily spend a lot of time adding to projects with just the virtual keyboard alone.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-08-12 19:07:04

@27, if he truly spet all two years on this project alone I assure you it would probably be the best MIDI onscreen keyboard available out there. As it currently stands, its quite obvious that he didn't, so your point isn't really valid, now is it?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-12 19:22:59

Two years is subjective. That's just a marketing strategy to help pump it up. The real measurement is man hours, and since I doubt that was recorded, it cannot be truly revealed.

Two years , now let's think about this. Two years could be anything from working on it 8 hours a day every day, or it could be a half hour here, 45 minutes there, an hour next week, 15 minutes before class, etc. So you see, it's very subjective.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-12 23:06:15

Slightly off-topic, Ethin, I sent you a PM.

2019-08-13 01:38:43

Y'all are of course entitled to your opinions. As am I. I will not be changing my mind on the price.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-08-13 03:11:01

@34, then you will get very few, if any, buyers.

My Github

2019-08-13 04:35:46

if any being the operative phrase.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-13 20:58:54

I don't mind. I mainly made it for myself, and decided it to release it for those who really wanted/needed it. So getting buyers for this product doesn't bother me.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me