2019-08-12 02:10:54 (edited by Chris 2019-08-12 02:11:51)

Hi all,

Now that I'm investigating Ubuntu Mate, I need some help with keyboard shortcuts. I can't access the status menu area where you see the time, network connections, etc. I've been reading that Alt F10, Alt+F11, and the Super or Windows key with those same keys is supposed to do it, but nothing happens. The only things I've worked out are Alt+Tab to switch applications, Alt+F1 to bring up a list of menus for launching applications, and Control+F10 or Shift+F10 to bring up an item context menu. So, what are some essential Ubuntu Mate keyboard commands to know?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-08-12 21:50:52

Hi,

I am not running Ubuntu Mate, but I am running Mate on Debian; I'll give you a few shortcuts.

Alt+F2 will open a box to let you type commands in to. For example, press Alt+F2 and type firefox to run firefox. Control+Alt+Tab will let you switch betwene the top and bottom panels. You should find the time in the top panel.

I hope that works. If you do a google search for Mate keyboard commands, you will find a few more.

2019-08-13 01:39:28

Another way to navigate between panels if I remember right is control alt escape.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me