2019-08-12 11:10:26

Ahoy all,
Many people have desided to purchase those recent musical keyboards that in it's sound is like (Wow! too advance! vaya, I need it for this thing!) etc etc etc... But when you see or hear the features of that keyboard mentioning for example (Touch screen user interface) it thinks that I will have to know the functions or the settings what I want to tuch on the screen, how to doo that setting for example, in the recent Yamaha keyboards how to install an expansion pack, how to change cord fingering, change scale tune, etc, with just the touch of a little finger (what the hell I'm just saying?).
1 year ago or so, if you didn't notice just like I've expected, Yamaha lounched (or released) the Jenos keyboard, which in it's features are the touch screen oriented user interface plus other features that I don't want to mention cause I'm going to university to talk about equalitative marriage.
Then, recently, Yamaha have announced the next keyboard that shall be the succesor of the PSR-S series: the PSR-S 900 and PSR-SX700 (SX is not for sex, remember.) This keyboard wile having also a touch oriented interface will have a longside the joistick (The PSR-A3000 which I have has one,) Assignable Function, Chord Looper, style assembly, and other features also which I cannot mention for the techno by the god. In theory the keiboard has • 1337 Voices, including 252 Super Articulation Voices, 24 Organ Flutes! Voices. 56 Drum/SFX kits, with • 525 Styles, including 463 Pro Styles, 46 Session Styles, 10 DJ Styles and 6 Freeplay Styles, da da da, etc. Wow I say, toomuch and too advanced for a mid range keyboard? But I'm concernd by the touch oriented interface if I will use it for doing the same things as I did for the previous keyboards. I know that many of you will not like that style, but for me, I'm gonna be forced to memorice the functions, where they are, and use it as I've did with my PSR-A3000. What you think about that keyboard? Is it worth bying? I have some guys on a website called http://psrtutorial.com/
They're helpfull on knowing how can I doo with the keyboard and such.
press announcement on the yamaha website is there (for my region): https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.co … index.html

73 Wj3u

2019-08-12 17:25:32

Oh, and an other post before my topic gets on the round pages away, Will have to get ventured around that keyboard.

73 Wj3u

2019-08-12 20:23:14

Hi. I would seriously suggest to keep away of those touchscreen monstrossities. Yep, I'm more of an advanced synthesist and don't deal with any kind of arrangers or workstation type devices, but still my suggestion applies to synths also. On simpler things, like the Korg Volcas you have menus no more than one page deep and it's somewhat possible to operate a touchscreen, if there are static touch buttons which also correspond to notes, if you know, what I'm talking about, but it would really be a silly idea to try to get at more advanced stuff with deep menus full of way too many options and also have thos virtual icons changing shapes and places, popping out and getting lost. May be those folks with at least some vision are able to make some use of that kind of interface, but complete blindness is definitely not an option here.

2019-08-12 20:26:24

Well, they will probably not speak to you.
So my answer would be no, not directly.
I can't really say touchscreens are inaccessible crap, because I just got an iphone 6 plus, granted thats never going to upgrade to the next ios major version but its a touchscreen and I am, will, have the books, and will be trying to use it so I can get off of 3g eventually.
So your keyboard.
As long as it can interface with a computer/mac/pc, etc and you use something like complete control or something to run it or something it works.
Of course andre louis does work for native instruments and it is accessible mostly.
As long as you can interface it through your computer and as long as there is some layout even for say qws thats going to work for you.
Now, even if thats not supported, as long as it supports, gm, gs, sg, xg or any or all of those standards its probably going to be ok.
If it supports sound fonts, dls banks and especially vst, you are going to have a lot more choice to.
Not all things are accessible, but you would control your board interface from your laptop or workstation.
You could in theory control it from your tablet if you wanted or had the knouse to handle that.
If you are starting out, I'd get the board and spend the cash on some software for it.
As long as its midi interfaceable /firewire or usb at least then you are going to have a fun time all round.
If it can accept sd /micro sd cards, or usb drives, you may be even able to program the thing.
If you learn mml or some music language you may even be able to program it yourself.
As long as you can connect to it, then you probably will be ok.
With the sizes of ultrabooks and flat keyboards you probably can handle it.
My ultrabook workstation has the space.
In the shops while the price is not as cheap as the magnetic storage drives, they are getting down, its possible to buy 256-1tb ssds now at the price of medium range hdds that will be otg/ usb, with both usb a and c connecters for on the go mobile supported devices/ computers with usb3.1 gen2-c thunderbolt and usb 3.1 gen 2 a ports as well as usb 3.0 and 2.0 standards.
Connections to recieving devices can range from micro to mini to full.
If it supports bluetooth it could get rid of cables to.
I know this because I am going through the process of upgrading tablets for my dad, and sd cards especially micros over 128-256gb start to cost more than they are worth.
In contrast a portable on the go ssd of similar size is slightly cheaper, in fact the cost of the cheapest 256gb ssd portable in new zealand at least costs a lot less than the micro ssd version.
The most expensive 1tb ssds cost as much as a 512gb micro version of the same device.
And the 1tb micros cost more than the ssd versions.
Now, hdds are still outclassing the ssds right now but not much, I mean in another 5-10 years maybe as soon as 2-3 years, once 1-2tb ssds come cheaper, it will be enough for a lot of us to switch out to other things.
And with all the little units with 16 32, 64, 128 and 256gb little drives well its just that you will need data storage.
Another option would be a wireless drive, those do cost 300 or so but as long as it was in range of your unit, you may never need to take it out of its protective case or even your storage bag.

2019-08-12 23:06:19 (edited by electro 2019-08-13 15:20:23)

WOW WOW WOW WOW wow! toomany computational information! Francly I use qws for controling my current PSR-A3000 keyboard and also the next one which will be the PSR-SX900. those keyboards have a usb to host terminal that when you connect it the keyboard will show up as a midi device. I'm also following with the ouner's guide which says to touch that option here and there, ETC.
Yeah I know that's for me and us complicated at the beginning, I say it always, but I shall commit to the owner's manual to take effect of what setting I just need to apply.

73 Wj3u