2019-08-12 03:02:02

Hi.
So multiple things about the process of streaming with altacast confuse me. I've downloaded lame_enc.dll and pasted it into the altacast folder, all good. Then I run altacast, and apparently I'm supposed to click add encoder and from there I can choose between settings like what server to stream to, the bitrate / sample rate, etc, but when I click add encoder nothing happens. It just sits there. Aside from that, I'm honestly completely confused about everything else with altacast. I wouldn't even know about lame_enc.dll being a dependancy to stream with mp3 or the add encoder button being what I needed to click to setup streaming settings where it not for a guide I found when I was googling around trying to find a salution there.

Use the below link to get about 500 or so mb of extra dropbox space when you create an account.
https://db.tt/dDngEzFLo7

2019-08-12 05:19:15

Hi Cmerry,
so here's how it works.
You'll hit the add encoder button. You were right about needing the lame_enc.dll, so I won't help you there, but I'll tell you how to add an mp3 encoder.
After you hit the add encoder button, it creates an encoder and adds it to the list, albeit nothing is done with it. You should tab to the list of encoders, which is in the same area as the add encoder button. You'll see something like this in the list:
Vorbis: Quality 0/Stereo/44100; Transfer Rate: Disconnected  3 of 3
Of course I have 3 because I have 2 other encoders created.
Press space on this new encoder, and it will open the configuration dialogue. You'll probably only need basic settings, which is the tab that will be focused when you open it. The one thing that's annoying is that these text boxes are unlabeled, but luckily they're already filled in with stuff so you can tell what they are. Just use tab to navigate through them and fill out the appropriate information. When you get to the combo box that says Ogg vorbis you can select mp3 lame.
Hope that helps! Lmk if you have more questions.

Twitter: stevo399
Have a nice day!

2019-08-12 15:20:15

@steve, thanks for the help. Yeah, I never even thought to look in that list, it was of corse empty the first time I ran altacast and looked around so I didn't think anything of it. Now I just need to wait for jc hosting to finish getting icecast setup and we can hopefully start doing things. Thanks again.

Use the below link to get about 500 or so mb of extra dropbox space when you create an account.

2019-08-17 05:52:25 (edited by cmerry 2019-08-17 05:54:20)

Ok I'm back with another question. You might remember if you were watching my stream last night that the stream wasn't being archived even though I set it to do that in the encoder settings. For the record, I changed it from the default directory to C:\Users\charlie\Documents\stream archives, and yes the directory does exist in case you were wondering. I even checked the save as wav checkbox just to make sure that wasn't some sort of requirement, nothing. Am I majorly screwing up somewhere or is the archive feature in altacast somehow broken?
Oh and also, the reason the second part was archived properly was because Ivan had a batch file running that was constantly downloading the stream via wget, but that of corse isn't exactly an ideal salution, bandwith and all that.

2019-08-17 18:29:27

I think the archiving feature is broken. You may want to record using another program like Audacity.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-08-17 23:22:48

Yeah, I used virtual recorder today and it worked well, actually it worked a little too well and I ended up archiving a lot more than I probably should have, but that's mostly memory issues on my part.
And now for yet another question. Does anyone know of a reliable way I can have people on team talk hear my game audio while still rooting through to the stream at the same time? Lately we've been putting Ivan's VPS up there and having that do the streaming, but that's hardly conveenient, spassificly because so far we've had at least one moment in both streams where people have had to reconnect. Any help would be greatly apretiated.