2019-07-29 17:21:20

What I ment is that someone who doesn't know where the menu is or that it is there would need to go online and find a guide.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-07-30 01:19:27

no they don't. when you launch the game it clearly says, voiced I might add, welcome to madden 20, you can adjust your team, change difficulty or access accessibility settings. Why do you need a guide for that?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2019-07-30 05:32:37

It don't read out the license agreement screen. How would a person know where to click agree.
Also just because someone has told the blind person that the game is accessible don't mean they have told them how to set the game up. I have seen this before where a sighted person told me about something being accessible.
But didn't tell me how to set it up nor knew how to.

2019-08-02 20:05:16

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Let me know if you find any other pain point you'd like to be prioritized.

Karen Stevens
EA Sports Accessibility Lead

2019-08-02 20:12:19

Hey, Karen.

Thanks for the hard work that you and EA sports is doing for the blind. Will you please try to get face of the franchise to work with the menu narration?
I really would love to play this mode.

2019-08-02 21:18:39

Hey, Karen.

There are two areas where the narration needs some improvement. When ever a dialog pop up on the title screen.
It needs to let you know if the items have a check or not. Also on the music tracks it needs to let you know if there is a check or not.

2019-08-02 21:51:13

I agree with everyone on the ultimate team, but I'll lay out my 3 priorities for menu narration.
1. Menu narration should read the playbooks, especially if the playbooks  will be updated this year, and in particular, since EA removed the quick play call option for suggestions, making it next to impossible to use ocr effectively for that screen, and if we want to stream, we can't stream tot he pc, and stream to mixer at the same time. Also on the same note, It is much harder for a low vission person to read the suggestions now that there are 3 of them. Along with the play calling screen, menu narration should also read the play art when you press right trigger or tr2.
2. Menu narration should absolutely read the auction house and the store in ultimate team.
3.  Menu narration should  finally cover the gaps in both franchise mode, and face of the franchise mode.
Alot of the issues that I've talked about are found on the able forums.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2019-08-03 00:08:28

I will reiterate that Play Now Live, and Messenger, should also be covered. Then that'll be all the main/initial screens covered if that happens, which would be awesome.

2019-08-03 01:48:21

aaron wrote:

I will reiterate that Play Now Live, and Messenger, should also be covered. Then that'll be all the main/initial screens covered if that happens, which would be awesome.

Messenger reads a bit, but it's not fully there. If you don't have any notifications it won't read. When some are there it will.

2019-08-03 01:53:15

cyco wrote:

It don't read out the license agreement screen. How would a person know where to click agree.
Also just because someone has told the blind person that the game is accessible don't mean they have told them how to set the game up. I have seen this before where a sighted person told me about something being accessible.
But didn't tell me how to set it up nor knew how to.

It also does not read EA Oragin. Those screens are not the actual game itself. It sucks but that's the way it is right now.

2019-08-10 23:27:55

using different button combinations to call the plays would be useful, or a guide for calling plays from the menu. I can't see how you can play the game without calling plays?

2019-08-11 06:05:42

Play calling/play book navigation  would definitely have to be the top of the charts for me.    I'm very much impressed at how good everything is with screen narration now, in comparison to what it was back in the days.  Makes me wonder if this will get adapted to work with other titles...

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel