2019-08-10 07:36:56

Hello! I want to create a bgt game which contains some achievements. I mean a menu for achievements, and every time you obtain it, it comes to the list of achievements. But how do i do this? And no, i am not going to learn python. Regards: Marco

Best regards: Marco

2019-08-10 08:32:58

I mean programming is all about solving problems. You could pick a paper and write down your solutions first, then if not satisfied, come ask around for a better solution. It's not like you face a barrier and then quickly retract and cry out for aid. You patiently take a break, try working around it, either breaking it down, climb over the top or walk around an edge. This really does not matter if you're coding in BGT, Python or even Brainfuck.  A solution eg here, is to first write a class. This achievement class contains a message text/audio, a name for the achievement, a type for the kind of achievement, a timestamp to keep the track of when the achievement was awarded, and optionally a Boolean to specify if the user unlocked it or not. Then you could add all the achievements to a menu and show it to the user, have it uploaded on somewhere and show it on a web page, email it to the user, export it to a text file, etc.

2019-08-10 09:06:06

I don't want to sound harsh, but you don't even know how to make a pit class or use a menu, but if you are going to continue this way, you won't learn any thing from programming.
Try some things first, and see if it will work or not. if it does not work, give us your code that is broken and we will try to fix the broken parts or we will probably offer some help. don't just ask how do i do this and how do i do that... we are not going to make the modules for you.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-08-10 14:23:25

Well, that sure is a bold statement. Never going to learn python? Well anyways, as 3 said, we're not going to make everything for yo. As you're last couple of posted topics suggest, you don't know how to make a basic menu, how bgt holds information, or how to make a pit class. So try things. Try to figure it out on your own, and if the code breaks and you can't figure out how to fix it, come here and ask. We're not going to hold your hand and make everything for you. You have to do the heavy lifting yourself. We will be glad to help you, just not do the hole thing.

2019-08-11 01:11:14

yeah dude, this may sound harsh but try to just figure it out...

2019-08-11 01:32:04

Yeah, you have to figure this out on your own. We have lots of developers here that are willing to help you, key word being help you. They are not willing to code everything for you though.

2019-08-11 14:08:50 (edited by LordLundin 2019-08-11 14:10:31)

How to do this, how to do that? How do I wipe my ass? If you still accidentally get feces on your hand or the paper gets stuck in your butt after 200 tries, we might proffer some hints, but for fucks sake; try to figure something out on your own. Try to get a grasp of the language instead of asking to have your butt wiped for you.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-08-13 02:02:23

Mods, warn this guy, nah? This is getting into personal attacks...
How to do this, how to do that? How do I wipe my ass? If you still accidentally get feces on your hand or the paper gets stuck in your butt after 200 tries, we might proffer some hints, but for fucks sake; try to figure something out on your own. Try to get a grasp of the language instead of

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-08-15 15:22:07

I think you take objection to the language used, instead of the message I was sending. For the record it wasn't a personal attack. Bottom line is, try to do something on your own to be more successful. Last time I checked that statement wasn't a personal attack.
Speaking of personal attacks, I kinda want to personally attack you for acting riddiculous.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2019-08-16 09:54:00

Go ahead. Attack me. I personally don't give a shit, but hey, whatever.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-08-17 07:07:36

Understanding sarcasm is a dying art ...

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube