2019-08-09 21:49:15 (edited by tunmi13 2019-11-09 16:56:26)

Hey people,
I'm happy to announce my first BGT project. InstraPlanet is a fun little utility that allows you to play instruments on your computer, using your keyboard.
The goal of this is to make it fun for everyone, mostly by adding instruments from several genres, and hopefully increasing my BGT skills during the development of this project.
Currently, the Grand Piano is the starting instrument, and you can use your ASDF row of your keyboard to play.
To download the project use the links below:
Direct download.
http://tunmi13.jc-hosting.me/projects/InstraPlanet.zip
Details page.
http://tunmi13.jc-hosting.me/InstraPlanet.php
Have fun, and please tell me your thoughts!

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2019-08-09 22:13:02

I mean nice, but shouldn't this be on Off topic? It has completely no relations to gaming whatsoever.

2019-08-09 23:10:28

It's nice, but too simple compared to Miditext and such programmes. But it'll be a nice concept, if you increase the context.

2019-08-09 23:13:02

I'm not fully sure. It's simulating real life instruments, and since it's virtualized I think perhaps it somewhat lies under the gaming category. In my opinion, it looks a little out of place in the Off-topic room. However, the admins are free to move it if necessary.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-09 23:17:01

@MasterOfDeath. Yeah, I know, looks a little lame right now. But like I said, I'm slowly grasping  the BGT concept, it's just going to take some slow updating and slow practice. smile

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-10 02:36:03

Hi all,
the program doesn't open. If I press enter on ip.exe nothing happens. By pressing shift plus tab I don't find any new tasks.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2019-08-10 02:53:14 (edited by Quin 2019-08-10 02:53:42)

I'll have to check this out, and it should probably be in off topic, it's not a game release, but meh, what do i know.
Also, will we be able to add our own instraments in later versions?

2019-08-10 04:39:14

1. Please add recording songs if you can.
2. Currently i can't play other sounds EG CIS, eis, gis etc. You can add more octaves and full gama.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2019-08-10 04:49:32

One thing. When pressing escape while playing,  it exits, doesn't bring me to the main menu.

2019-08-10 10:15:05

Hello! I would like to say that I love this, hope to see some new instruments in the future. Keep on learning, and don't let some harsh words bring you down. smile
Keep up the good work, and best of luck to you. smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2019-08-10 10:34:49

@10. Thanks for the words of encouragement. @Ty: The plan is to keep the sound folder visible, since there's really nothing that needs to be encrypted. At least for now, you should just modify an existing instrument. @Dash: My plan is to have the user use the left and right arrow to cycle through octaves. Which means I have to record some more piano sounds.  @JanaGirl: That's really strange. Have you tried redownloading the project, and making sure it's not being blocked? Also, it uses SAPI, so check your Sapi5 and Sapi4 control panels and make sure a voice is chosen.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-11 00:41:26

if someone could tell me how to trim audio files, I could record instruments for you tunmi, as I've got a good stereo mic, a keyboard and some instruments too.

2019-08-11 01:30:31

Use gold wave, set markers on what you wanna trim and press trim both.

2019-08-11 06:49:45

what is gold wave?

2019-08-11 10:28:05

hi
at rory
o you idiot: i meen: I was saying because you askt what is gold wave:
the program is a audio editing program just like audasity wave pad lexes super audio editer and e t c

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-08-11 12:24:23

@rory_games: That would be great! I am adding a drum kit in the next version, if you possibly have a drum kit, I'll add it, if you just record the sounds. Don't worry about trimming, I can do that. Also, if anyone else has instruments that you want added, and you have them available along with a good recording mic, send an audio file of the instrument's middle octave if it uses one, or if it is a bongo / bongos, send an audio file of hitting sections of the drum or bongo. In this case, for drum kits, just send snare, floor tom, hi hat, cymbalen and tomms in a single audio file, making sure to pause in between, so I can trim easier. By doing this you will appear in the credits. Hope this helps.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-11 12:31:28

Apologies for double posting, but I'm having issues editing my last post with Braille Screen Input. I forgot to add, please also record the kick, or as some people call it, the bass drum. And, does anyone have a good keymap for this instrument? Here's the one I was thinking. Kick, K. Snare, G. Hi Hat, S. Floor Tom, L. toms, Y, U and I, Cymbal, O.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-12 02:09:42

Suggestion: You can add music lessons ranging in difficulty for each instrument to gamify this application. Achievements to mark progress would be cool if done.

Unrelated suggestion: if not yet implemented, add key combinations for sharps, flats, half/whole step note bends and note sustains. Additionally, if possible, would greatly appreciate the transfer of sapi output to the active screen reader.

Having said that, I look forward to seeing how this develops, since I really would like an instrument to play when my actual keyboard and guitar aren't available, so wish you the very best on your bgt learning journey.

2019-08-12 16:18:44

@18, I like the suggestion about lessons and achievements, however this isn't necessarily my plan with the project. You could think of this as a BGT version of GarageBand or Logic, except with all its features. So, instruments, and hopefully octaves once i get a chance to record or IP users record an audio file and send it to me,  making this a simulation. The goal of this isn't to teach how the instrument is played, it's for experimentation or having fun. Maybe in a later version I'll add achievments, which seems more likely, but for now, it's just a simulation.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-12 19:09:54

can you add a recording feature when your good at bgt?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-13 04:49:40

Guys, not every little thing needs achievements. This just, doesn’t. You can’t add any achievements if you don’t completely change how this operates.  Take my advice, do not add achievements. You, don’t, neat, them!

2019-08-13 04:57:47

Would still like to see sustains, sharps/flats and note bends.

I only suggested the achievement stuff because people were complaining that maybe this was in the wrong thread and then I remembered rocky water's typing program and figured these were both productivity tools but one had gamifying elements so maybe it would work

2019-08-13 04:59:53 (edited by Quin 2019-08-13 05:00:43)

Okay, I would like to raise a few points here. Firstly, Mike, it was really unnecessary to call rorry an idiot for not knowing what gold wave is. some people know what some things are some don't I honestly hope you get a warning for that. Second of all, the lessons thing would be cool, but we do not need achievements. Yeah they can be fun to attempt to earn, but honestly, they just don't serv a point in this game, simulator, what ever it is.

2019-08-13 07:50:27

hi
at the post 15 and the user who posted this post and some other; sorry for call ing you an idiot: I was working gold wave that time: so: I just called you an idiot
admins; mods or any staf members:
I think it's rightfully to warn me from persenall attacks: sorry brose and nice

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-08-13 23:50:16

InstraPlanet version 0.1.01 is out, adding screen reader support in menu, switching to dynamic menu pro, and a couple more changes, found in changes.txt. As always, e-mail / skype / twitter DM me if you have

-----
YouTube
GitHub