2019-08-08 11:11:08 (edited by ianhamilton_ 2019-08-08 11:12:15)

They're looking for input on two things, not within  game themselves but at system level -

1. Accessibility features that need to be added
2. Thoughts on accessibility features that are already there

https://www.twitter.com/markusfriend/st … 6951445505

2019-08-08 17:23:04

Wonder if they will use this data to improve current or next gen stuff.

2019-08-08 17:31:14

I'm deeply skeptical, but will add my thoughts and see where this goes... they basically slapped most of the world in the face when they limitted the TTS specifically to US-based units but left all the other accessibility features intact.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-08-08 17:50:39

Already left mine.

2019-08-08 18:19:20

Do you do it via twitter?

2019-08-08 18:29:58

That or your browser.

2019-08-09 08:24:31

Thanks for sharing. I'm really skeptical as well, since I have fighted so much with Sony that I don't think the Playstation support team in my country like me anymore. smile
I will share my thoughts, tell them how much I have fighted for accessibility and tell them why I finally gave up on my Playstation. I might link to one of my older topics here on the forum, where I explained it all. It is interesting how they suddenly want feedback, after having completely ignored everything regarding the TTS accessibility for years. The local support areas outside the US have even told me not to contact them about accessibility anymore. That's an other way of saying shut up with your requests, because we don't care at all...
One question: Who is behind this Twitter account you linked to?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-08-09 10:08:38

Yeah I have some feedback how about making accessibility enabled on all devices no matter the region the pricks...

2019-08-09 17:56:27

Telling them how you fought them for accesibility and ended up giving up is probably not going to help... constructive comments are key here. lol

2019-08-09 18:13:41

Isn't it just text to speech that isn't available everywhere?

2019-08-09 18:18:31

I don't believe this will pan out one bit to the good for us. They give zero fucks, and that's evident from multiple angles.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-09 18:23:01

@10, yes. That's correct.
@11, whether it's evident isn't what matters. You take what opportunities you get, no matter how skeptical, because sooner or later there will be paydirt.

2019-08-09 19:16:19

I wish my vita had text to speech,but it has games that I like and I can use it. That's good enough for me. Thats how it's always been since the beginning of gaming.

Plus, if someone is asking then someone must care, so you might as well squeak them wheels so they can get some oiling.

2019-08-09 20:35:34

Right then, it's when I read posts like #8 when I understand fully why Ian doesn't recommend this forum to his clients anymore.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-08-09 22:57:07

Well it's a sentiment I share, after all, the only reason they put tts in the US version is to meat legal shit, and they gave zero fucks after that pitiful effort.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-10 00:15:47

Honestly we not doing ourselves any favors by having such a pessimistic outlook on thing. I can still remember the days when all we had were beeps and clicks on the cross media bar, which is still my fav user interface. So hell if that's the only reason then I'll take it. I am in it first and foremost, for the games, and accessibility to me is a bonus. I'm not gonna throw a tantrum just because things aren't exactly as I like it. This also ties into that other thread about punishing devs for not making their stuff accessible and its discouraging to me as a consumer to see someone actually take an interest and then have it spat back in their faces by people who can't get over things. If we want change, then we need to come together and like, actually give helpful feedback, because simply attacking ain't gonna get us anywhere.

2019-08-10 15:48:32

I'll do it, but honestly first and foremost is a real no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Start with making TTS functionality universal in all major english speaking countries. I'm a little insulted that they're putting up something like this before doing that, honestly. But yeah.

2019-08-10 19:25:41

I'll grant that it's a little silly to try and gage responses from those for whom tools have not been provided, but then again, blindness is not the only disability for whom access needs to be worked on.

2019-08-12 16:46:15

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

I'll grant that it's a little silly to try and gage responses from those for whom tools have not been provided, but then again, blindness is not the only disability for whom access needs to be worked on.

the TTS function is the only accessibility feature which works in US only. All other accessibility features works world wide as far as I know.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-08-13 15:35:24 (edited by ianhamilton_ 2019-08-13 15:36:02)

@18 "then again, blindness is not the only disability for whom access needs to be worked on." - yes, this. The tweet is a call out for accessibility feedback relating to any kind of disability at all. It is not aimed specifically at blind gamers, though it does include blind gamers.