2019-08-07 03:23:13

Hi all,

I'm announcing something new! Don't worry, it's not an online game! tongue
This is called Computer MIDI keyboard. It allows you to control midi devices only with your computer keyboard. It basically turns your pc keyboard into a MIDI controller.

There is a free version and an advanced version. The free version allows you to play, while the advanced version gives you extra things such as virtual pitch benders and live realtime property controls such as program, bank, etc right from inside the keyboard screen!

This has been in development for 2 years and I'm excited to bring it to you now!

Read more and try it out:

masonasons.me/pages/cmk.php

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-08-07 03:52:30

site is blocked by malwarbytes due to a trogen.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2019-08-07 03:57:51

Oo, looks cool. I'll have to check this out.

2019-08-07 04:06:04

@2, it was recently flagged again by google. Give it a few days, I got it unblocked again but it may take a while to realize that.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-08-07 14:56:19

As I scrolled through the readme, it was just a pain to find a command that can be used in the free version. Maybe the program is, hmm, too paid? Ugh.

2019-08-07 16:20:22

As I say in both the read me and the web page. In free mode, it is a basic MIDI keyboard for your computer keyboard. The advanced version unlocks advanced features. Nothing more, nothing less.

2019-08-07 16:21:02

Also, just reading through the read me is not enough to make an assumption. Just putting that out there as well.

2019-08-07 17:40:44

$15 just too much for something like that. maybe take 10 off it lol. Also, why not take that $15 and save up for an actual midi controller, the keystation 49 and korg micro 25 aren't that much. Cool idea, but overpriced imo.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-07 19:16:40

Well when I run the thing and hit the open keyboard button and do things nothing happens. I've tried pressing some of the keys and again nope. I'm not sure what needs doing but uh.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-08-07 20:19:19

Nice concept but you've reinvented the wheel for pretty much no gain. Onscreen MIDI keyboards already exist (and I don't really get why you would make music with one).

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-07 21:18:03

Not to mention that it's a complete mess with my hungarian keyboard cause it's mapped totally wrong. Random notes next to eachother, beautiful big_smile oh and I managed only the microsoft wavetable synth to work, only with a piano-like sound. So well, even reaper's built in virtual midi keyboard is better in my opinion, although it's also mapped quite messy.

2019-08-07 22:14:44

Ok, first, reapers midi keyboard is not really better for anything. And yeah, i also have the problem with the open keyboard button. And I say about 10 dollars for this thing.

2019-08-07 22:22:51

reaper virtual midi keyboard works fine.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-08 09:47:08

I might pay $10 (australian) if I didn't have my yamaha which I got for my birthday, but that causes no midi latency so yeah. it gives like 3 ms of latency or something. it also got midi output

2019-08-08 09:47:59

mm, and also, it does seem to work with other stuff, you can get it to do coolSoftm midi synth. I got a good soundfont for that.

2019-08-08 11:59:10

love reaper keyboard, no rushing it

2019-08-08 14:27:18

Yeah, it works fine, or it would if it was well mapped for this keyboard. But it would be fine, I agree.

2019-08-08 14:46:21

I'd  buy this, for sure.  Reaper, in my opinion, is much too difficult to set up.  You know it's bad when you spend 6 hours trying to set up the stuff just for Midi and it doesn't work.  The onscreen keyboard sucks so hard. And overall, it's just too much for what you're getting.

On the other hand, Computer Midi Keyboard is a simple program with some good features.  Now, is there a way to create files after you type in the notes, I hope so.  I'd definitely buy it then. I don't see the hatred  for this sort of thing, he's providing a service that doesn't  exist, or takes quite a bit of tinkering just to get even the most basic of functions to work correctly. $15, in my opinion, is well worth it for the easier time I'm going to have  making music than I ever did with Reaper and Muse Score.  Hopefully it will work with Virtual Instruments and such, not just the Midi piano that comes with Microsoft. And some of us can't afford $300 or  $400 keyboards just for tinkering with music. And I'd rather not get a piece of hardware that isn't guaranteed to work with my current setup, Midi controllers, if you want the good ones, (and it's very likely  you'll need a good one to get something) can cost  quite a bit of money. A $15 one has got to have quite the limited amount of features.   Just my thoughts.

2019-08-08 15:35:42

I mean, you still need a DAW. It doesn't have to be reaper, but you still need a DAW if you plan on using this thing. So that invalidates your argument.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-08 16:08:08

@18, no. Computer MIDI Keyboard is only a program to send midi events to another program, rather that be a virtual midi synth or a DAW using a virtual midi cable or otherwise.

2019-08-09 04:14:04

Do you plan to add quantization?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2019-08-10 02:24:32 (edited by Brynify 2019-08-10 02:24:45)

Again. CMK is not and will not be a replacement for your DAW. Quantization is a feature for after you've recorded your notes. As CMK does not record your notes, it will not have a quantization feature.

2019-08-10 08:56:18

well i do have a Midi Keyboard   over  heare, and   REAPEr's     one is fine as well, but 15 dollers is too much for this one, 10 or 7 is fine

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-08-11 23:09:47 (edited by Brynify 2019-08-11 23:11:36)

@23, I will have to respectfully disagree. Regular midi controllers cost anywhere from $100-$300, and this is a software implimentation of a MIDI controller. $15 is perfectly reasonable. Also, there is a free version so you can even try it before you buy it, which no real midi controller can offer anyway.

2019-08-12 03:07:39

I press open keybord butten, and nothing happens. just nothing. how I set this up?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.