2019-08-07 00:05:49

Hello
So I decided to pick up some old but cool stuff like world of legends to play. I completed it twice in my life time, and thought I could do it again. However, there's something bothersome happening now, something I can't find talked about anywhere on the forum.
So there's this quest where you have to fight ten times to advance. I have my legends longsword and that best elf helm forged, ad everything at low level pretty much dealt 20 damage to me. However, after I finish ten fights, it doesn't let me advance. Instead, it shows you need to complete some weird 5-6 digits number fights before you can continue your journey. Heck, I'm not gonna complete 492424 or whatever it is fights to advance. It'd take me a lifetime wth. Anyone know how to get pass this bug? It's annoying.ee

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-08-07 01:16:34 (edited by Dark 2019-08-07 18:06:23)

I don't remember encountering that bug, and yeah I finished the game 3 times myself, I think when you do the bar crafting cheat you break the game, maybe you need to win the 10 fights first. First time through I did the cheat, second time through I didn't, still the game became stupidly easy after about halfway through anyway big_smile.

Wow, I sort of miss world of legends, shame there isn't a way to run it on windows 10.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-07 09:36:13

IMHO the whole game is a stupid bug, one of the worst I've ever played, yes, even for the time LOL.

2019-08-07 18:07:07

Oh, should've said I finished the game three times, not ten big_smile.

Actually the game has a bunch of nifty little systems and minigames, and while the writing is really haphazard there is a good game in there. Its a shame the developer didn't carry on with it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-07 18:16:58

Oh it really isn't that bad. My only real problem with it was that the end game became more linear and rushed, but I loved discovering new quests, new areas, leveling up and becoming stupidly powerful, all the different ways you could develop your character, all the items you could craft, all the skills and spells you could find if you took the time to talk to the inhabitants, and playing the minigames. Hell I got a sighted person hooked onto it once. It's just unfortunate that it has little replay value once it's over.

2019-08-07 19:01:33

It's beatable? It seems like the Ancient Elvond God or whatever it is can't be defeated. I know I'm probably spelling the name of that boss wrong, since Elvond is from a completely different game. Sometimes I can hit it for 20 to 30 damage, but it hits me back for over 200 damage even though I have the legend's long sword and some of the best armor I could find in the shop.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2019-08-07 20:23:54

The game is a bit of a grind fest, and the gear you can craft is way better than the gear you can buy, so usually if you can't kill something you just go off and fight monsters and get cash.
You can even get the best gear possible buy getting the starter crafting kit over and over and over again, since its free, but that really is a bit of a cheat.

2019-08-08 06:42:06

I'm running it on win 10 and it runs fine. Well alright then, I'll try to run it again without using the bar cheat this time. Let's see if it'll break the thing.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-08-08 07:14:44

Wow just had a look, and yeah it does run on win 10.
That is cool. I do remember something about a bug earlier, but I don't remember what happened as regards it, and I'm not sure if its related to the bar cheat or not, since whilst I used the bar cheat on my first playthrough back in 2006 when the game first came out, I don't think I discovered it until after those 10 fights, and when I played through the second time around I decided not to use the bar cheat after all.

2019-08-08 08:48:42

May be it has something related to the ten fights. I'll have to test again though. If it does then it's a bug that needs to be noted in case people want to use bar cheat and run into the same bug. We'll see about that.