2019-08-08 03:58:44

I am working on a small project, a simple text editor, are there any good spellchecking library’s I can implement into this project so if I hit a key I can have it bring up what I miss spelled and  Provide  a list of replacement words

2019-08-08 04:04:43

Lets see, there's [PySpellChecker], [JamSpell], [PyHunSpell], and a few others. I'm not sure if they allow selecting a list of words to select from to correct the spelling, but its as good a place to start as any.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-08-08 05:27:52

magurp244, thanks a lot, i honestly wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the help of you, and many others's help, so thanks to you and the rest of them

2019-08-08 16:09:57

There is also pyenchant, which TWBlue developers and few others use.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-08-08 17:40:26

i have tried to install pyenchant, but it gives an error which i shall now paste
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: 'c:\users\username\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\python.exe' -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-4lu1q48y\\pyenchant\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-4lu1q48y\\pyenchant\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base pip-egg-info
         cwd: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-4lu1q48y\pyenchant\
    Complete output (9 lines):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-4lu1q48y\pyenchant\setup.py", line 212, in <module>
        import enchant
      File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-4lu1q48y\pyenchant\enchant\__init__.py", line 92, in <module>
        from enchant import _enchant as _e
      File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-4lu1q48y\pyenchant\enchant\_enchant.py", line 145, in <module>
        raise ImportError(msg)
    ImportError: The 'enchant' C library was not found. Please install it via your OS package manager, or use a pre-built binary wheel from PyPI.
    ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.