2019-08-07 12:59:30

But hasn't been varified yet. It's been a week. Think he's getting anoyed. Guys might want to fix that.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-08-07 13:06:20

Can an admin please get on this and fix it please?

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-07 15:48:30

i'M confused,

2019-08-07 16:04:47 (edited by mazen 2019-08-07 16:05:26)

That's why the forum should use Google's recapchas rather than  unrestricting

2019-08-07 16:41:28

Hi,
@Mazen: Recaptcha? Where you have to be lucky to get it working? No, thank you.
@Liam: Can't Moderators do that as well? Or am I mistaken here?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-08-07 17:07:52 (edited by mazen 2019-08-07 17:11:27)

Sorry but google's recapchas are so easy to solve. Choose audio then enter some of the words that you hear in any order. If you don't want to solve them then go to google.com and log in. ALSO  remember its only one time when you sign up to the forum.

2019-08-07 17:43:45

@5 You have no idea what you're talking about. It's really easy to do ReCaptcha.

Also, this is sort of ridiculous that this is even an issue. That restricted section should be checked at a minimum once a day.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-07 18:49:13

Yeah, this is ridiculous. This restriction system is just another element that will drive people away if its not checked every day for new people.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-07 21:22:20

I agree, even on PHPBB, you can do captchas, even the math/question ones, and not have to worry about this.  Sure it'll be fixed though.

2019-08-07 22:18:03

Yeah, when i registered, i had to wait about 3 days to get unrestricted.

2019-08-08 13:24:29

googles captcha system is pritty straight forward and easy

2019-08-09 21:58:22

I've seen it still ask me to do the captcha, even when logged into my Google account, but I still agree with everyone else here. Recaptcha is extremely easy to do. The words are always spoken clearly, and there's even a slight margin for error, if I remember correctly. As in, I don't think you have to enter all the words, as long as you get the majority of them right.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-10 00:45:47

A captca on a side that sais to be for blind people looks wiered in my opinion, and it should never be done. i know there are ways to get arround it, but it's not a nice thing. Especially when you are not from uk or us and the thing speaks english words.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-08-10 00:56:50

1. To post on an English forum, you need to speak English. 2. Captchas are a part of the Internet, like or not. When there is an audio version, that is not getting around it, it is solving it just like a sighted user would.

2019-08-10 03:31:52

Like it or not, captias, or how ever it's spelled, are necessary to avoid spam bots. Yeah the forum has the restricting thing, but it would be much easier if we could do a captia. And simter, you said something about english words, it says in the FAQ that you should speak english on the forum, so hopefully anyone signing up knows english.

2019-08-10 19:15:52

The thing is, recaptca or how ever you spell it, is not kapable of detecting spelling errors. It's always hart for a not native english to solve such things. Also, unrestriction works fine the most part.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-08-10 20:32:23

Still... 15's post is still valid. If you want to be a member of this forum, you better speak English, since English is the language that a majority of the members speak. A CAPTCHA would solve our problem perfectly -- bots wouldn't even be able to register.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-10 21:11:23

Not true. Several times I had no idea how to spell a word I heard, and both omitting the word and spelling it the way I think it is spelled worked just fine. I think you get 3 words, and in my experience getting 2 out of those 3 right is enough.

2019-08-10 21:18:12

And in the information overload age, it is not possible to open up a second tab and query the spelling of a word?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-10 21:26:28

It is, but it's still a valid point since every recaptcha has a timeout.

2019-08-11 03:39:01

Well the system will only get changed if the admins do it, and lately they have not been responsive to community suggestions so, as is the case with a growing number of things on this forum, I think our hands are tied at the moment.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-11 14:51:27

Hello.
I'd like to point out that unfortunately we don't have the ability to make these sort of changes. Again this comes down to Richard and that other guy who's name I can't spell.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-12 01:55:01

Are you meaning Xander, Liam?

73 Wj3u

2019-08-12 02:22:10 (edited by turtlepower17 2019-08-12 02:23:15)

I somehow doubt that the captcha would time out in the time it would take to open a tab and Google a word. Or hell, ask your digital assistant of choice on your phone, that would be even faster. The only thing that I imagine would really suck is if you have a hearing impairment as well as being blind, but, as I said, recaptcha has some of the most clearly spoken words I've heard in a captcha, to the point where I actually wonder if it's doing its job effectively. Also, I've seen non-English audio captchas before, but you don't hear me complaining about that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-13 05:04:41

I have to say, Re-captcha is quite easy to solve. But it's also can be annoyed especially if you use Safari browser on a Mac, and you're not signed in to your Google accounts. Google won't let you search anything.