2019-07-29 03:17:15 (edited by Munawar 2019-09-10 21:23:34)

Hi,
A new TDV version is out. You can get it from https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Velocity

If you already have it, the auto updater will fetch it for you.

You can view the formatted change log by going here: https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Vel … angelog.md

Here is the change log:

2.44, released on 09/10/2019
Added
• When in a brawl, the player can now press the increase and decrease music commands (F7 and F6 by default) to change the volume of the background music (#109)
Fixed
• Documentation updates such as correcting the description of the ailerons in the glossary and noting the switch to SharpDX from SlimDX (#111)
• In a brawl, all sounds would be muted indefinitely. This was a consequence to the switch to XAudio2 since the brawl sounds were loaded onto the same device that aircraft sounds are sent to, effectively muting them (#107)
• During a brawl, if the player pressed H to get their health status or T to get the opponent's health status, and they chose to have status messages read using a screen-reader, the selection would not be honored and TDV would continue to self voice the output of these commands. Also, if the player chose to have status messages read using self-voicing, the numbers would be read in Captain Chase's voice instead of the radar voice (#108)
• If a screen-reader was chosen as output, TDV would crash on a negative number due to improper conversion of a negative number to its equivalent in words (#110)

2019-07-29 03:35:18

Nice work!  I especially like the clicks and the new status readouts.
I just wish that the air to air missiles would have their damage upped, as that's been a long running gripe I've had...

2019-07-29 03:46:09

Oh nice, i'll have to download this

2019-07-29 04:19:37

Are there any changes to the server? Does this version require a newer copy of the server for multiplayer?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-07-29 09:20:19

this is nice, downloading

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-07-29 19:14:35

Are there any online servers available to play on? I wasn't sure. I loved playing online, but wasn't sure if anybody had put one up

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2019-07-29 19:52:54

I'm running a server and it has just been updated to the new 2.30 version. Does this new version add or fix anything? In order to connect, use christopherw.me for the address and it should work.

2019-08-01 12:36:00

Hello Munawar!

Its very good to find that you are still working to improve TDV - thanks a lot for that.

I have just updated to the newest Version and am sad to tell that I found a bug that makes the game very difficult to Play.

My Problem is that the game tends to freeze as soon as I pres the TAB key to get some Status Information. This behaviour does not occur all the time, but very often as soon as I am airborn. I found this Problem both in DM as well as in MP-mode. Sometimes the game Comes back after a few seconds, sometimes it seems to freeze completely so I have to kill it by using the task Manager.

Kind regards from Daniel!

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2019-08-02 02:18:31

The latest version includes changes to the Ogg decoder (you'll notice quicker loading times now,) and fixes to screen-reader support. I've edited post #1 to reflect these changes. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Remember, the best way to report a problem or suggest something is on the Github page.

2019-08-03 11:36:59

I can’t seem to run the game. I have updated to the latest version of the game and as soon as I launch it, it says that I get an application error. I haven’t checked the error logs. I am using the latest version of Windows 10. I have a pretty powerful PC as well.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-08-03 14:18:20

Here is the error log for your reading and viewing pleasure.
Error log, created with build version 2.31.0.0:
Error base exception: SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x88960001], Module: [SharpDX.XAudio2], ApiCode: [XAUDIO2_E_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown
   at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.Voice.SetVolume(Single volume, Int32 operationSet)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.process(Int32 playPointer, Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 113
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.play(Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 88
   at TDV.GUI.mainMenu() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 403
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 356
Error Description: HRESULT: [0x88960001], Module: [SharpDX.XAudio2], ApiCode: [XAUDIO2_E_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.Voice.SetVolume(Single volume, Int32 operationSet)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.process(Int32 playPointer, Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 113
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.play(Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 88
   at TDV.GUI.mainMenu() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 403
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 356

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-08-04 02:32:26

Hi,
Try deleting your data directory and then run the game.

2019-08-04 10:34:22

The latest TDV Version acts very strangely on my Computer. As soon as I Launch the game, my Sound Card becomes totally muted - nothing can be heared even from other applications or my Screen Readers voice. As soon as I quit TDV the Sound becomes active again. This behaviour occurs only since I have upgraded to the very latest Version.

-------------

2019-08-04 16:35:36

what do I need to run the game. There's no .exe file.

2019-08-04 16:53:22

@bopitmaster34: There is an executable.
If you have downloaded the correct package from github then you should find a file called tdv.exe within the game main Folder. Therefore I would suppose that you either downloaded the wrong package or that your anti-Virus Software has quarantined the file emediately.

-------------

2019-08-05 07:32:38 (edited by grryfindore 2019-08-05 07:33:52)

Hi,
Thank you for working on this game, this is one that I come back to again and again.

I used to be real good at the dogfights in version 1, though seems I have lost touch, or that the enemies fight better now, as I suck majorly now lol
Anyhow, that will hopefully improve with time.

I have a bug to report, going through the mission, as soon as I destroy the airbase (second mission objective), the game errors out and closes with this error.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zen2bpc2biv0l … 0.log?dl=0
The save file is here, if it helps any.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tt0s6caquje98 … 2.tdv?dl=0
Win10 64bit, jaws 18.
Thank you once again for TDV!
P.S. I liked the version 1 pilot far better lol
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-08-05 15:31:53 (edited by burak 2019-08-05 15:32:27)

Hello,
What do we do to defeat dark blaze now? I was just missiling him and it was over... Can't shoot him with bullets either, normal missiles end too quick to even finish one round of him.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-08-06 17:15:54 (edited by Cornettoking 2019-08-06 19:47:07)

Hi,
I have got the same issue as post 16: after I destroy the airbase, the program brings up the "an error occured" message and closes itself. I will post the error log here (as an edit to this post because I don't want to doublepost) later once I find it.

Edit:

Here is the error log:

Error log, created with build version 2.31.0.0:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei TDV.Mission.createNewFighter(Double x, Double y) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Mission.cs:Zeile 517.
   bei TDV.Interaction.advanceToNextMission(Projector v) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Interaction.cs:Zeile 859.
   bei TDV.Interaction.kill(Projector v) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Interaction.cs:Zeile 405.
   bei TDV.MissionObjectBase.performDeaths() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\MissionObjectBase.cs:Zeile 190.
   bei TDV.AirBase.move() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\AirBase.cs:Zeile 31.
   bei TDV.Holder.activate() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Holder.cs:Zeile 106.
Error Description: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
Stack trace:    bei TDV.Mission.createNewFighter(Double x, Double y) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Mission.cs:Zeile 517.
   bei TDV.Interaction.advanceToNextMission(Projector v) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Interaction.cs:Zeile 859.
   bei TDV.Interaction.kill(Projector v) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Interaction.cs:Zeile 405.
   bei TDV.MissionObjectBase.performDeaths() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\MissionObjectBase.cs:Zeile 190.
   bei TDV.AirBase.move() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\AirBase.cs:Zeile 31.
   bei TDV.Holder.activate() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Holder.cs:Zeile 106.

I hope this helps

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-08-07 00:14:25

Hello, so got TDV all up to date and what not, I was always running a server successfully but this time, when I tried it, I got Unhandled acception and a bunch of other stuff. I can get the server to run under my windows PC just fine, but using ubuntu 10.04 with mono over here and not sure how to fix. Anyone else having issues with running TDV servers under a VPS?

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-08-12 17:09:52

I have a question. How can i add an object to the land radar? I can't find some landing runway.

2019-08-12 18:17:03

@Zywek: It depends on the Situation. Where do you want to land?
In racing and death match mode, the landing runway is automatically assigned to you as soon as you have completed the game.
If you want to land on an Air Craft Carrier in Mission mode, the landing Point is also automatically assigned to you as soon as you request carrier Support with the f key.

Greetings!

-------------

2019-08-12 19:23:43

Hi,
@Munawar: Can you please look into the bug I and someone else posted earlier.
Because of that bug, I am not able to continue Story mode after I destroy the airbase.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-08-12 21:12:46

When i have not too much of fuel, I'm pressing f, but nothing happens.

2019-08-13 22:06:12

Pressing f only works in Mission mode.

-------------

2019-08-13 23:40:01

I have no problems with the server. As long as you have Mono installed, typing mono TDVServer.exe should work.