2019-08-05 20:04:42

@BlindNinja I can try to make a recording to show the sounds. The sounds I know reasonably well now are the clap that seemsw to mean you got a command right, though I'd like to double-check that, a high zing sound that means you've completed a pattern, and a subtle sound that I can't quite place that tells you you're too late (you'll have to change the timing judgment to -200 or something outrageous to hear it better). It easily blends in with the music. There may be other sounds too, I'll look more later.

Also did you find the method to the madness on how to get past the third tutorial, or is that more of an accessibility thing that's lacking?

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-05 20:11:33

Yeah, the second one I actually kinda forgot, it blends in really well which is both I think a good and bad thing, but it's also not critical to gameplay.
Unfortunately not yet, aside from like I previously said making the game easier, but I'd rather not have to rely on that.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-05 20:27:50

Oddly enough that sound was the easiest for me to hear, but my headphones have a lot of treble so maybe that's why lol

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-06 00:32:59

I look forward to playing this when it hopefully gets removed from steam and sold somewhere sensible like itch.io.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-06 02:54:37

hi
When I click on download, nothing happens and the download process doesn't start even though I'm running Steam. Same happens to my friend as well. What could be the problem and how to download the demo?

2019-08-06 03:48:07 (edited by CrystalD 2019-08-06 03:49:36)

When you click on something in Steam you have to scrol down to the bottom of the page and a little pop up is there that says "Don't have steam?  Install it" and the top one is "Have steam?  Download game" or something like that.  But I just page down to the bottom of the screen and then scroll up to download games.

Can anybody explain how boosting works to me?  Like I have no idea when you're supposed to boost, do you do it instead of hitting notes or are you supposed to hold boost and hit notes at the same time.  I keep on doing well in the Fresh Meat mission for the first half of it and then lagging behind and not being able to beat it and it's driving me nuts.

2019-08-06 03:59:00

You have to boost when you would normally hit the notes and it removes them from the track in front of you.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-06 05:55:07

I've been playing this game for a few days now and I'm really enjoying it. I'm currently on the tracks that have the fire hazard. Anyways, here are a few notes that might help anyone who's interested in the game.
Sequence Storm will announce Narration and let you turn it on in the main menu when you launch it for the first time. To set things up, I recommend going to the options menu, go to cues and change it from visual cues to audio cues by pressing right arrow on that option. Then, I suggest going into the accessibility menu and adjusting the narration speed and and narration volume to your liking. Finally, you should go to the audio cues menu still under accessibility so you have an idea of the different sounds. If you're using a keyboard or some other device that has a bit of a delay, you can compensate for that with the judgment timing offset in the options menu. The help message says to use control up/down arrows to adjust this. You can ignore that since that doesn't work. Instead, just use the left/right arrows.
Currently, the main aspect of the game where you're repeating the notes is accessible. Since, he's using percussion instruments rather than notes, the hold notes aspect is disabled when accessibility is on. The racing portion with other computer players can be beaten by using hyper-drift and speed boost. Speed boost only works when the meter is full which will be announced via speech and by holding the H key. Right now, there are not enough  sound cues to let you know where things are when you steer. For example, there are no cues for slip streams, and obstacles. There's an audio cue for the walls of the track but it's difficult to hear. the developer is aware of the issues and will be hopefully pushing some more accessibility updates out this week.

Game Man

2019-08-06 13:05:36

I have a problem with the "few hours to live" level.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-08-06 13:47:08

Hi.

Dang, i really start loving this game, entertaining rhythm game.

What I haven't really figured out yet is how to steer. Well, I know that I can steer when I hit boost and with the left stick, but when I should turn and to where is the question.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-06 13:50:49

Stay away from walls, because hitting them will decrease your HP. You have to hear for a wall sound.
It would be good if the game would have the clipboard support. My chinese friends who don't understand english cannot play the game effectiovely

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-08-06 19:20:10

I have gotten several of my friends into this, and apparently their are more accessibility functions coming later on so keep an eye out.

2019-08-06 20:41:10

Yeah I'm  going to wait for more accessibility to get into the game before buying the full version because not knowing where the slip streams are or what good steering does or when to use it honestly ruins the enjoyment of the game for me.  As a straight up rhythm game, it's really good, but the extra mechanics needed to succeed at the game that aren't accessible yet are a deal breaker for me and just makes even playing tutorials too frustrating for me to want to invest in the full version just yet.  Going to keep an eye on this though.

2019-08-07 03:58:51 (edited by Stormy 2019-08-07 04:27:15)

Has anyone been able to figure out how holds work, or are there no cues for them yet? I tried disabling them in the accessibility settings, but they still seem to slow me down/negatively effect me during races. (either that, or there's a different cause) I've been able to perform pretty well on a lot of the various missions except for the ones containing holds. Still enjoying the game though.
Edit:
It seems that every time i decide to post a question here, I figure it out literally right after I post it. There is a sound that indicates when you should hold, but it doesn't audibly stand out as much as the other cues does. Collected several more gold medals thanks to this.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-08-07 05:34:58

Can you describe what the sound is?  Cuz I can't hear it at all and I think that's what's tripping me up too.

2019-08-07 06:43:00

Their is?   I've never heard it, but apparently I did it and got a gold and bonus objective for getting all holds correct.

2019-08-07 11:16:24

Bought the game, love it!
It would be nice if there was a dedicated "learn prompts" menu or something like that. It would list all audio prompts and cues with the sound it would Maybe it could be implemented into the next update because I also don't know the hold sound.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-08-07 12:11:22

Hi,
I haven't tried the game yet, but as far as I understand the game is accessible, as long as we avoid playing it normally am I right? i mean that, more than accessibility features, there are functions made to simplify the gameplay and make the game playable. just wanted to know if I was understood correctly because, if that's true, then I'm not interrested. I'd rather play a full game with hability to benefy from all its features.
But if I'm wrong, then I'll be really glad to test it.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-08-07 12:28:10

Admins: The developer has posted on twitter that he registered on the forum but can't post because he still isn't verified after a week. Can you look into this?
@68: This is not the case at all. The game isn't simplified at all, and is mostly playable as intended. There are just a few features that haven't been made accessible yet as the accessibility is still a work in progress.

2019-08-07 12:32:50 (edited by Stormy 2019-08-07 12:35:28)

@68
There's only one setting that I have enabled that makes Gameplay a bit easier. Not every aspect of Gameplay is accessible at the moment, but I've been able to advance pretty far with what is available. I encourage you to check out the demo at least to see what you think.
As far as the hold sound goes, I don't think I figured it out at all. I think I just actually started noticing the sound you hear when you activate hyperdrift and got confused. It's a shame because I'm at a point where I can't advance anymore due to a mission that I believe contains holds that are screwing me up. On an unrelated note, I wish there were opportunities to receive a small amount of credits for completing tracks in arcade mode, but I'm probably just feeling that way because I'm pretty much out of ways to earn more right now. Some of the tracks on higher difficulties are absolutely insane and borderline impossible, but their fun to attempt anyways. Hopefully the developer gets verified to post on the forum soon.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-08-07 16:24:38 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2019-08-07 16:27:33)

Edit:
Just after posting this I found the answer to the below question.  To access the upgrade screen in story mode, press space in mission select.
Original post is below:

Anyone know how to access the upgrade screen outside of the tutorial segments where it's brought up as part of the game/story?  I've not found a way to spend my hard-earned credits.

By the way, I'm really liking the game, played the demo and almost immediately bought the full version+soundtrack.  There are a couple of bonus objectives I've not completed yet but so far I've been doing pretty well playing on standard.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-08-07 16:48:10

Anyone tried playing the game with the second audio cue mode? It's pretty hard for me anyway but it makes the game feel more close to the original visual concept. Instead of playing Simon, you press the key related to the cue a beat later. It's like a couple of sections in the Rhythm & Spell level in Rhythm Rage for those of you who've played that.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-08-07 19:08:04 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-08-07 19:09:18)

Wait, there's a second one? Must've missed that... or is it a non-demo thing.
Edit: Never mind, guess there was a patch.
Also, for anyone who hasn't already found this... go into arcade mode, choose the track named suckerpunch and jack up the difficulty as high as you can go, to see just how insane this game gets.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-07 19:09:22

Slightly confused how this might work at the moment.

2019-08-07 19:54:31

If you're on the fence about the game until more accessibility comes out just download the demo.  I got the accessibility patch on my demo version, so I'm still able to check out accessibility and wait on it getting to the point where I want to buy it/when I feel it's fully playable for us.  I'm really happy the dev is so open to feedback and patching things that we've expressed wanting in the game already, so please verify him on the boards so he can talk with us admins!

The game is by no means "simplified" both audio cue versions are played as the game is intended, just in an accessible fashion.