2019-08-02 01:43:02

Yes we're a day late I know. but it was my brother's birthday on the 31st of July and things have been a bit crazy.
it's also one AM in the morning and I'm heading off for snoozles so the usual ramblings will be a bit briefer than usual today.

Okay to keep things brief and simple: me be like Troll or like Tarzan! Me not need puny personal pronowns!

This topic for chatting! You chat about what you want! You want chat games? is okay! You want chat books? is okay! You want talk like Troll? is not okay, since me talk like Troll! me hit you on head if you talk like troll! me have club! Clubbing good! clubbing make people stupid! Clubbing give people head ache! So me club on you head if you talk like Troll!
It big club! It one wood! It gets golf balls go faster! Hit in hole! make birdies go tweet tweet! tweeting also make people stupid!

talking like troll make people stupid! accept me already stupid because me talk like troll! so me forget rules of discourse and use of grammar! trolls not need Grammar!

Me go sleep now! You chat! see what happen when me talk like troll! Even if me not hit me on me head! me get drowsy because it late and me not go to sleep!

Have fun chat!

snooooooooooooore!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-03 15:38:53

Nobody talk like troll, nobody talk at all! but me talk like troll, so me hit me on head! ouch! now me have headache! so me stop talk like troll!

The reason for the troll talk and randomness was that last night it was so damn late, I didn't have time to discuss what's been going on with me recently.
mrs. Dark has been quite unwell, but hopefully she's getting better. So at some point this month we plan to go and see the new Lion King. We suspect it'll be a disappointment, since the original was so magical, but we'd like to see it anyway.
I also ordered my brother a particularly awesome birthday present, indeed I am quite proud of the brainwave given that he is such a pain to buy for.

He quite enjoys the Dresden files, and his favourite character is the fallen angel Nicodemus. The same website who do all the awesome fantasy jewellery, like my Lady's wheel of time Aes Sidai ring and pendent also it turns out tdo Dresden theme stuff, in particular Nicodemus fallen angel coin, one of the thirty pieces of silver paid to Judas Iscariot which now contains a fallen angel.
so, I bought my brother a replica of the coin in silver made up as a tie clip for his new job. He can terrify all his colleagues in the office, or at least it'll look ornamental and rather cool big_smile.

For me, I've been playing various things, in particular compilation one, crazy party and a bit of trimps, and working on the Db. I also have been writing a lot, in particular I'm finally doing something I have been planning to do for a while and have begun seriously writing articles on various aspects of fantasy literature.
These should hopefully be appearing on the blog over at fantasybookreview.co.uk soon, and some of my reviews should be up there as well.

So, a bit quiet at the moment,actually its rather miserable that for the second year running, I@m doing no singing this summer since the music summer school I went to, the same one at which I met my lady annoyingly closed down and there is bugger all going on in this town musically.

Actually "bugger all going on" seems to some up the hole place, besides lots of pubs, I'm actually regretting moving here but we're rather stuck it seems, even  more so if the bureaucratic morons now running guide dogs refuse to give me a dog due to their changing the rulings since Reever is going to need to retire soon.

So mildly annoyed at the second, but hopefully things will get better.

I'm also currently reading the anthology Dangerous women. This is another anthology by Gardner Dozois  and george R R martin. Since I really enjoyed their previous anthology rogues and both legends collections, this was one I needed to get to.
I particularly like the fact that this one has a huge range of stories and authors, going from Megan lindholm, (best known as Robin Hobb), all the way to Martin and Sanderson, as well as writers of historical fiction, and crime.

My lady and I also finally wathced the princess Bride last night. This was a huge amount of fun, albeit Buttercup  really rather useless (quite a disappointment in a post Leya princess), I'm interesting to read the book now though, particularly with how its supposedly very offbeat and weird.

Hope everyone else is having a slightly nicer Summer than i am.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-04 23:52:56

Dark, you tried, but you couldn't help  Includeing a word that was  reminiscent of proper English  in your first troll talk post.  Rules of discourse?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-08-05 15:31:49

I'm pretty sure snooooore! isn't a word big_smile.

Seriously, that just happened because I wanted to start the monthly chat on the first of the month, but it was really tired and and I didn't want to write much, so I ended up explaining that in the silliest and trolliest way possible big_smile.

2019-08-05 17:28:58

For some unknown reason, part of me was tempted to start the topic myself so I could be the creator of it since you at the time had not done so yet.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-08-05 19:37:25

Hay, there's no rule that says it must be me! who starts monthly chat topics each time, it can easily be someone else, just send a report to the mods to stick the new topic.

It does tend to be me since I started the monthly chat custom back in October of 2014, wow we're nearly coming up on the five year anniversary big_smile.

2019-08-16 16:06:11

Hi dark!
welcome back!
I was away from audiogames.net forum from 2 years maybe but now everythings are fine.
I got a new computer with windows 10 and modern games are working fine.
I am glad that I was not involved in the anuy kind of ag drama.
xd.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2019-08-18 07:31:51

Hi Ishan.
Well this topic has been rather quiet so far, but I thought I'd add a word or two.
It was my birthday yesterday. I wasn't around on the forum as much since my lady and I were off having an amazingly awesome lunch at our local Italian. We considered going to see the new Lion King, however my lady wasn't well so we had to rush back, actually she's not been well generally which hasn't been a good thing.
I haven't had really many presents, in particular I'd like the box set of game of thrones on dvd since I'd love to see the hole thing, (especially since it has audio description), however the bloody thing isn't out until December so I'll have to wait.

In other news I've been doing a lot of writing, both on my own projects and for book reviews as usual find them Here most recently posted were my review of Shirley Jaxon's Haunting of hill house, and the very terrible John Scalzi book, Redshirts, something which promised to be waaaaay better than it was.
I'm also just finishing up review of Julian May's novel Jack the bodiless, and C J Cherryh's hammerfall. I've also been writing articles on fiction to post on the fantasybookreview.co.uk blog. I've already done one on the nature of dark lords and have nearly finished one about book preferences, I'm also doing some research for one on the inequities with super heroes.

My lady and I are reading Gerald's game by Stephen Kin. This is interesting considering it was a book I decided I didn't want to read as a teenager due to my genophobia, however I'm liking thus far.

So, things not as good as they could be, due to my lady being definitely not well, indeed she'll need to go to the hospital tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is still having a good august.

2019-08-18 09:03:00

Hi dark.
Iā€™m really sorry to hear about your laidy and i really hope she will get better soon.
Also happy birthday to you.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-08-18 10:09:05

Hi dark!
its bad that your lady is ill.
she will recover soon
and belated happy birthday.
so I am currently playing descent into madness and writing a web series story.
that's all for now.
Thanks
Ishan

2019-08-19 12:57:34

@Dark:
I hope the lady gets well soon, also a very late happy birthday.

As for me, the month of August... is just not for me. constantly changing weather, worrying about studies, and beginning of the over socializing festivals make me very grumpy.

I actually was thinking about this, and I realize that perhaps the only month I enjoy is May, during which the heat season is at its peak here in India. don't know what it says about me.

Also, I finally got my chess set too. it was at some relatives place, and for some reason they wouldn't wanted me to have it. but I have it now, and after losing four games strait, I finally won the fifth game I played.

Another thing which is going on is that, people giving me career advice, and me getting angry at them.

I am not sure how people would take it reading this, but I have no intention for working a government job, that is assuming that I could even qualify their insane exams.

I could most likely breeze through the English section, and Hindi as well. but mathematics... I might be able to calculate for programming, but competing in those speed exams... is not for me.

Also, these are the same people who often tell me to stop learning programming, and start preparing for the government exams (Even if I am still in the second year of my college.) even my programming teacher, whom I may ad, was not very willing to teach me for at least past three months or so, is getting on this bandwagon. in these past three months or so, I have learned more programming than he was teaching me in his weekly lessons.

my mother talked to him yesterday, and he said that "Send him to me at saturday. I will explain to him."

Well I know what his explaining is going to be about.

Other thing is, despite its odd concepts here and there, programming is the thing which I had the easiest time learning. so I really don't know why these people are so intent to give me advice, (To be fair though, no matter what you are doing, here in India, you will always find people who want to give you their advice.) or what problem my teacher is having with me continuing to learning programming, (It is not like that I would go and ask him for a job or something?) I just hope that these sour times will pass quickly.

Whoever said that, being young means to be carefree?

At least my fanfic is going well, the next chapter is already at the 16,000 words long, and it is still not complete.

2019-08-23 13:54:34

Hi post 11!
I am also from India so I can understand how you are feeling. I can relate myself with you
Please give me the contact details of yours I mean your email ID
and lastly which programming language you are learning.
Thanks
Ishan

2019-08-26 17:48:28

Well thanks for the birthday wishes from various people. My lady has a hospital appointment next week so hopefully will feel better.
For me, as people will gather from various game forums, I've been grappling with Steam, its been a struggle, but Sequence storm is working and the game seems pretty awesome.

@Dark eagle, careers advice is absolutely a joke over here, especially since I already knew what I wanted to do at that point, namely go to university and study philosophy and so basically spent a time with the adviser wasting time big_smile.

The webmaster of fantasybookreview.co.uk has posted more of my reviews and my article on the concept of the darklord in fantasy. you can Read that article here  and Find my reviews here

The latest ones are for Hammerfall by C J Cherryh, a wonderfully grim sf novel, and an unkindness of magicians by Kat Howard. this was a wee bit disappointing, mostly due to a super cool succeedinator main character, and a bit of a shame since her first novel was fantastic.

I should have another article coming out soon, plus I'm working on a fomal review of Gerald's game by Stephen King.

When not racing futuristic racers, I have been actually doing some vaguely useful things, like getting back to slightly more serious singing, there is a really lovely handle duette my singing teacher suggested for my lady and I which we worked on yesterday, plus I've written a commic monologue for a local monologue workshop.
this is apparently going to be videoed on Wednesday, so we'll see how it goes.

Other than that not too much else to report, things are relatively quiet, and very hot.

2019-08-26 18:04:38 (edited by defender 2019-08-26 18:04:52)

Happy birthday Dark!

2019-08-26 18:26:14

Pretty late on this one, but happy birthday from me as well.

2019-08-29 23:40:51

Hi.
Well things have been going okay for me. My niece and nephew are staying with us, it's been a struggle, but at least they are going to school now, so I get a break for part of the day.
I've been watching a lot of the simpsons, I love it! I watched the episode like father, like clown, where Jackie mason voices a character. He was so funny, I don't know why they didn't put him in more episodes. Maybe he was too well-known? Since I watched that episode, I've started listening to mason's comedy albums, it's been a lot of fun! I've also been watching all in the family, I don't like the stupid political debates or the racism, but if you strip all that away, it's still funny. Why they have to put politics in series I'll never know. I have no faith in politics and politicians in general, so it surprises me that people think they have a voice or can make changes in the political world. Anyway, I've also been watching the show baskets, it's good but the series has just come to an end. That was probably the only original comedy on tv, I'll miss it very much.
I've also been practicing mandolin, it's been very rewarding, but that is sure hard to tune because of all the strings.
@Dark, happy late birthday! I hope you had a good one!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order