2019-08-04 23:22:59

You have to boost a lot. In general I would complete 2 or 3 patterns, hold boost for a pattern, repeat. It took me about 3 tries to get it.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-05 02:18:14

Oh, man! I love this game so, so much! smile I've been playing it all day.

2019-08-05 03:15:13

Hello. Can anyone tell how to turn on the screen reader function in the game? Don't have sighted help at the moment, and downloaded the demo.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2019-08-05 03:17:24

For the life of me, I can't get past Anti-viral. Has anyone beaten this?

2019-08-05 03:30:52

@28
It literally tells you as soon as you open the game, lol or at least it did me...
So nobody has ideas on what might be happening on my end? My rhythm isn't quite perfect I don't think, but the offset shouldn't be nearly enough to matter during gameplay, considering the game is basically Space Channel 5, and I've basically perfected every level in that one at least once. Though I did notice by setting the timing option to loose that I could actually beat the level I was having trouble with... I just wish the narrator would read the after mission screen so I knew how good/bad it thought I was doing. And OCRing that one doesn't really work out too well.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-05 03:52:23

Hm, strange. I launch the game and nothing starts beside the music and the menu pops up. The only problem that i can think of is that i didn't download the demo directly from steam, i downloaded it from indie db. Or it uses windows 10 narrator, which i don't have.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2019-08-05 04:43:10

then you may not have the latest demo.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-05 05:26:31

Does anyone know how the firewall barriers are handled? I completed the mission but I feel like I ran into all of them and they don't seem to make sound.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-05 06:59:48

I'm playing the demo and really enjoying it but I'm also having a problem with Mission 3 lol.   I'll try the tips I saw here though, doesn't seem hard, just have to get the hang of the game.  It's pretty fun, I love rhythm games and can't wait to sink my teeth into this one!  Don't want to purchase til I finish the demo, but so far so good - really liking the concept and gameplay!

2019-08-05 07:53:37 (edited by Stormy 2019-08-05 08:26:29)

I really enjoy the game so far, and I'm definitely going to be purchasing it to show my support. I do seem to be struggling with the third mission where steering is introduced. Should I enable more of the accessibility settings? I only have the audio cues enabled at the moment as I didn't want to eliminate too much of the game's difficulty. I've tried it a number of times now, and no matter how often or sparingly I use the boost, I always end up falling behind. Other than that, everything seems straight forward so far.
Edit:
So, right after posting this, I gave it another shot and figured out what was happening. It turns out that, embarrassingly enough, I was losing speed during the race because I had two of the keys mixed up with the wrong sounds. (you can probably guess which ones they were) Happy to report that I finally managed to pass the mission, and I'm looking forward to checking out the rest.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-08-05 10:06:55

Hello!
How you manage the hold-ups? I don't know when I should hold a key, and... how you manage two simultaneous keys at the same trime? Same problem as above.
I have completed all the missions in the demo, but the thing that makes me sad is that I cannot do all bonus objectives! Apart of that I love the game and I am buying it no matter what. Music is epic smile.
How can I report my feedback to the devs?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-08-05 11:48:37

Anyone else have the issue where when you try to run the game again it closes? Deleting my save file seems to solve it. I'm starting to wonder if it's this graphics card.

2019-08-05 12:14:38

No, you can see in the debug log what's up.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-08-05 16:09:15

Definitely gonna try this one out! But I don't have steam so... this could get a little awkward. Not to mention some of the confusion about accessibility I've been seeing in this thread. But maybe I will be able to figure it out lol

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-05 16:16:50

Wow! This game is so much fun! Hats off to the developer for making this game accessible!

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-08-05 18:05:56

debug log unfortunately isn't showing me anything. game just closes. Unless there's another log that I'm not aware of.

2019-08-05 18:21:34 (edited by musicalman 2019-08-05 18:25:34)

Well, I did get the game working but am not at all a fan of Steam's interface. I'm hoping if I do buy this game, that it won't be complicated.

I was having trouble for the longest time on the first tutorial, because I didn't understand the sounds for getting a cue right, or getting it wrong, or being too late etc. I was actually becoming really frustrated. The music overpowers a lot, but I think I got it now. I played with the timing judgment setting to get a feel for how the game interprets cues and the sounds that are made. The sounds are very subtle overall, but from what I gather, being late isn't tolerated, and you're much better off being early. Since I seem to often be late, or at least that's the impression I am getting, I turn my timing judgment down below 0, which seems to make the game wait a bit before determining I hit the key too late. I'm currently trying to feel out the game and the timing judgment setting to find a good place to keep it. Having a tool like Rhythm Rage that lets you calibrate the timing judgment with a simple beat would be great for me to feel this out. Regardless, I'm really liking this game, though it is a bit more complex than I'm used to, since I know I'll eventually have to upgrade my rig, and I have no idea how that'll work yet as I can't quite draw the connection between driving a rig and playing a rhythm game. I know getting the rhythms right is supposed to boost your rig forward and give it speed, but I just haven't yet managed to put it all together conceptually. I'm hoping it comes together for me better once I play more (I'm only on the third tutorial so I'm not far at all yet). The accessibility is great, and the audio cues seem to be working well in the tutorial, though I wish the sounds which played while you were supposed to be hitting keys were louder, so I could hear things better.

2019-08-05 18:46:43

Yeah, that's part of the problem I might be having as well... almost seems like if you try to match beat exactly, at least on my end on default settings on the average timing mode, you'll stay in but won't get anywhere. The actual sounds for me are a bit quiet, I'm actually having trouble telling what's what.

2019-08-05 18:50:44

I wonder how I can contact the developer. I'm on an area where I should collect recovery items to stay alive, but there are no audio cues for them.

2019-08-05 18:57:46

Okay I am completely stuck on tutorial 3. I don't know when to use the boost. I tried reading the exchange between BlindNinja and Stewie (posts 22, 23, 25 and 26), and am hitting all the cues accurately I think, but I don't know when to use the speed boost. If I'm lucky I can get in first place, but I never stay there for more than a few seconds, despite continuing to hold h.

Right after I am told to hold h to do a speed boost, the music goes up and down in volume as though I'm supposed to be doing more patterns but no audio cues show up until much later. Following those is fine, but very close to  the end of the mission, I hear a message saying "boost power maximum" but I'm not sure if that really means anything or what, but if I try boosting at that point I miss cues, and if I ignore the cues, I fail the mission anyway. So I'm completely stuck here.

I could follow BlindNinja's strategy and drop the difficulty but I want to understand what's going on here. Maybe this is where an understanding of how rhythm affects the car's speed would help, but since there is limited audible cues for that right now, I'm guessing we're missing out. Any tips?
Thanks!

2019-08-05 19:33:41 (edited by CrystalD 2019-08-05 19:35:30)

Best place to contact the developer would probably be on the steam page for the game, you can go leave comments for him there which I may do because there are a few issues - with the steering and speed streams mechanics especially.  I'm trying to do the steering and there's really no point because don't even know where the speed streams are in the mission so I just wind up falling behind. 

For people having volume issues:  I turned the master volume down for the music, but I may turn it down more because I'm having a hard time figuring out when sounds play also.  I really wish there was a more distinguished sound between the D and F keys, those two always trip me up.  I haven't gotten past the Fresh Meat Mission, but from what I understand from reading a review, this game is unforgiving with it's timing and you have to be reeeeally good - when I play with headphones it makes a world of difference, so maybe try that people who are struggling? 

I have mixed feelings about this one.  I'll get it eventually probs, but the accessibility for some audio cue stuff needs to be tweaked a bit more.  I know the dev is working on it so yay, just not sure if I'd like to buy it right this second and want to wait on it a bit.  At least want to finish the demo first lol.  I'll see if I can link this thread on steam to the dev, I'm sure it could help him out!

2019-08-05 19:36:26

It helps with distinguishing between the sounds if you make the panning a little more drastic, I have my F, R, U and J key panning set to the 2s, and the other 4 are at 5.

2019-08-05 19:37:08

@46, yeah I have the master volume turned down a bit as well but I wish the sfx could get louder than the music. I'm playing on headphones and definitely agree that they help, but in my experience, your timing has to be early, or perfect. IF it's late, you'll lose, unless you tweak the timing judgment setting a bit.

2019-08-05 19:41:19

@musicalman do you know if there's any way for us to telll if we're actually hitting the notes well according to the game or not? I'm having trouble telling the sounds apart, lol I know the quiet clap means you got it right, but apart from that? NFC.

2019-08-05 19:53:34

I just left a comment on Steam to the dev with some of the things in this thread so hopefully they'll be fixing it in the next release...or see the comment XD