2019-08-04 17:23:33 (edited by Orin 2019-08-04 17:27:05)

Hello everyone,

This game has been out for quite some time, however just recently accessibility features, such as full narration (not through the screen reader yet), audio cues and more blind accessibility features are being added.

The game is fully playable now, however the developer is still looking for feedback on what to add next.

Yes, the game is only on Steam currently. Yes, the developer is looking into other store options such as Itch and Gog.

Steam has finally fixed the -no-dwrite argument for the launcher. For best results, change the Steam shortcut to this. Properties > Target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -login Username "password" -no-dwrite

Note: Your password must be surrounded in quotes, as per the example.

A game demo is available. Here is the Steam store link.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6306 … NCE_STORM/

2019-08-04 18:15:13

Will get it when I have time.

73 Wj3u

2019-08-04 18:27:52

hello
do you have menu guide or something?

let's rock!

2019-08-04 18:51:25

how i can change only music volume?
and can someone create guide how to play this?

let's rock!

2019-08-04 18:56:28

this is pretty neat so far. Playing the demo,and then may pick this up.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-04 19:01:26

How does this actually work? I have audio cues enabled in options but I'm not hearing any of them in the game (arcade mode, I know tutorial is broken).

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-04 19:13:20

Hello.

I don't think the tutorial is broken, it says in one of the updates, This updates the first three tutorial levels to work properly in the audio cues mode.

Having said that, I either must be really bad at rhythm games or, ya no, the tutorial might be broken tongue

I can't get the tapping down and don't know what to listen for. I get past the space bar bit, don't ask me how, I have no idea, then it says tap the button, (what button?) then the music speeds up and I fail.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-08-04 19:15:03

Yeah I have no idea what is going on. It says tap the button, I tap the button, I fail.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-08-04 19:20:43

Definitely sounds interesting, gonna check out the demo later. Thanks! smile

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-04 19:23:51

played it, loved it, bought it.

2019-08-04 19:39:56

Oh boy another rhythm game.  Gonna try the demo later, read the Steam description and sounds fun.

2019-08-04 19:46:30

For those of you who are failing, what is your setup? You should be getting keyboard prompts. By default, the keys used for all nine notes are space, D, F, J, K, E, R, I and U.

If you have an Xbox controller connected the prompts will change.

HTH.

2019-08-04 19:51:51

Liam wrote:

played it, loved it, bought it.

It's a fun game to stream.

2019-08-04 19:55:26

well unfortunately my full version keeps crashing on launch. I did like the demo though. big_smile

2019-08-04 19:55:37

Yes, I just found this game today after reading some of Brandon Cole's tweets, and it's really great. I didn't have any problems during the tutorial myself, even though I had a gamepad connected. It would realise what I was pressing on and change the tutorial text acordingly.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-08-04 20:14:40

Just tried the first tutorial, loving it. And these developers seem to really car about the accessibility, so huge props to them. Most likely buying this after I finish the demo.

2019-08-04 20:14:54

Hello.

Make sure audio queues are selected in the options menu, press enter on back to save the selection.

This game isn't for me but it's a nice find with the accessibility options.

2019-08-04 20:15:12 (edited by stewie 2019-08-04 20:18:11)

I found the problem, for some reason the audio cues setting in options didn't save and I had to reset it.

This is fun so far but some things don't seem accessible yet. The rhythm stuff works fine, but things related to actual racing don't. You can't tell when the track is turning and you can't tell where the other racers are in relation to you, so you can't take advantage of using their slipstreams to accelerate like one mission said. Also the pause menu doesn't read and the mission details screen at the end doesn't read fully. Also I wish the story would give a little more description on what the racers/vehicles look like, I don't actually know what I'm even driving. Overall though this is fun and I'll buy the full version once this stuff is fixed.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-04 21:32:59

I want this  but I hear steam is still extremely awkward to set up for a blind person. This is true?

2019-08-04 21:45:47 (edited by Orin 2019-08-04 21:47:35)

stewie wrote:

I found the problem, for some reason the audio cues setting in options didn't save and I had to reset it.

This is fun so far but some things don't seem accessible yet. The rhythm stuff works fine, but things related to actual racing don't. You can't tell when the track is turning and you can't tell where the other racers are in relation to you, so you can't take advantage of using their slipstreams to accelerate like one mission said. Also the pause menu doesn't read and the mission details screen at the end doesn't read fully. Also I wish the story would give a little more description on what the racers/vehicles look like, I don't actually know what I'm even driving. Overall though this is fun and I'll buy the full version once this stuff is fixed.

Agreed with you on most things. The rhythm stuff is the most important to gameplay, so that had to be accessible first. I don't think he'll update the story with descriptions and such, it's just reading the text as in the regular story. If he adds descriptions and the like great, if not, gameplay is the most important thing here and I won't miss what my rig looks like if it'll be too hard to implement all of them with descriptions.

2019-08-04 22:08:33 (edited by stewie 2019-08-04 22:08:48)

The story already has additional descriptions, try playing with audio cues mode enabled and without. It describes the avatar and the track briefly.

2019-08-04 22:24:42

So I can't seem to pass the third tutorial... does anyone have tips? I swear my inputs are dead on rhythm and correct, and I'm boosting like I've never boosted before, but I just can't seem to catch up. There something about the game that I don't know?

2019-08-04 22:54:36

Use the boost when you'd actually need to hit the notes, not when the audio  cues for the notes play.  I think the audio cues have to show up when the note first appears so you aren't fully removing it when using boost when hearing the pattern.

2019-08-04 22:59:48

Hello.

@wlomas, this guide is a bit out dated but should work https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/13431/steam-guide/

There's a peace where it mentiones putting in your username and password, make sure to put it in like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -login Username "password" -no-dwrite and where it says username and password, you must delete those and put in your username and password instead.

Downloading a demo can be a little tricky from what I remember, someone else on here should be able to help you with that but from what i understand, you click on the link on the first post, then press enter on download demo, press control end to get to the bottom of the page and arrow up,, if you here something like, I have steam, download, press enter on that and then tab around until you here ok button, press enter on that and you should be downloading the game.

As I said, I think someone else should help with downloading games but I thought I'd write this quickly so that you have an idea of what to do.

2019-08-04 23:12:25 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-08-04 23:24:34)

@stewie Thanks. I'm doing that now, still failing though for whatever reason...
Edit: So apparently turning down the difficulty let me pass the level, but I don't want to beat the game that way. I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong though, I'm usually pretty good at rhythm stuff, stuff like this especially.