2019-08-03 23:21:42

Today a friend is going to give me a console, but I don't know which one to choose.

Which one is more accessible? PS Vita or Nintendo 3ds.

Which one has better games for us blind people?
I hear recommendations, thank you!

2019-08-03 23:29:23

I have only tried the 3ds, so can't speek about the ps, but my psp didn't have many blind friendly games, so i'd personally say go with the ds.

2019-08-04 00:25:48

As a person who has played on both a 3DS and  Vita, I personally recommend the 3DS, as it has different audio tones that can be memorized for navigation around the home screen.
However, it depends on what games you want to play.
If you are looking for a more mature rated game like GTA for example, then you're better going for a vita.
But if you're looking for more casual or Mario games, then the 3DS is the console to pick.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-08-04 00:34:18

We have a whole 12 page thread about accessible psp games, and ps vita is backwards compatible with psp and ps1 games as long as you get them digitally. In terms of accessibility for totally blind people, I'm gonna put the 3ds slightly above the vita because the 3ds curser clicks when you move it on the main menu, and the game makes a sound when your curser is above it, but they both got a lot of games a blindy can play. On the cita I have street fighter x tekken, mortal kombat, odinsphere, atari 50th anniversary collection, playstation allstars battle royale, dead or alive 5 plus, blazblue continuum shift 2 and chrono phantasma extend, muramasa rebirth, phantom breaker battle ground, and dive kick.

On the 3ds I have dead or alive dimensions, tekken 3d prime, street fighter 4, super smash bros, rhythm heaven megamix, code of princess, wario ware gold, and my old collection of ds games.

The bottom line is, you can use them both without sighted assistance, but you might need help if you want to get stuff from the store. If you have some vision, the vita does have some accessibility features like large print and inverted colors if you're colorblind.