2017-05-31 05:27:13

Orin wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and pay for this on Thursday. Stitch allows to send money via PayPal.
Is that okay?

Yeah for sure! Whenever works best for you.

2017-06-02 06:53:42

For those of you who have played the demo, I'm trying to hunt down solutions to the issues that have been raised. Could you give me further information on the things that have been mentioned as problems so far:

1. Regarding the tooltips, I'm trying to work out an easy solution to this but I might have to engineer something else in its place due to how the glossary keywords are implemented.

2. The map and inventory — when those are unlocked through the course of the demo, there should be a button that appears on the sidebar underneath the metres showing your stats (Body, Vigour, Mind, Charm, etc). There's also the Credits, Saves, etc buttons. Do these all appear for you when you "click" on them?

3. If they do appear and you can see the map and inventory screens, is it just that your readers don't make the buttons interactive?

The more information I can get about these issues the better, unfortunately I don't really know how to test it on my end (I couldn't figure out how to use VoiceOver at all for example!) so I'm trying to work out how your screenreaders actually operate so I can think of a solution to the issues you've mentioned.

2017-06-15 09:12:06

Has the alpha started yet?
I bought the alpha/beta from itch.io, but downloaded it only to find that I can only play the demo, which I already played.

2017-06-15 11:10:17

Welcome on the forums mixvio!

It tried the demo some time ago, well, just a tutorial part so I need to get back to it in the near future. It looks so amazing though! and I am happy again about indie scene and developers who are open for suggestions to make their games more accessible for us. I am fighting about accessibility for many years and it's so great to see more and more people cares about that. smile

I'll share my comments on it when I'll have more time to just sit down and try it out.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-06-16 02:19:24

Orin wrote:

Has the alpha started yet?
I bought the alpha/beta from itch.io, but downloaded it only to find that I can only play the demo, which I already played.

Hey no it hasn't just yet; I was hoping to get it going this week, but it's ended up being more work than I realised redoing the layout and I've had some unrelated personal life issues to take care of so it should start towards the end of the month. Thank you for supporting it!

2017-06-16 03:10:43 (edited by Orko 2017-06-16 03:11:21)

Ooh! I've always been an avid reader, both before and after I lost my vision, and have always loved interactive fiction because it felt more like reading a book where I'm the main character, than playing a game.

The classic old Infocomm adventures were my favorites. I've seen the ones you play online, but the ones I like best are my collection of all their games as stand alone programs.

Downloading now...

2017-06-16 21:17:04

Well, that didn't last very long. The music was too loud to comfortably hear what was being said. And the Toggle UI button didn't appear to do anything. So instead of fighting with it I just hit Alt+F4. Haven't decided yet whether to wait for the game to be finished or to just delete it and move on.

2017-06-17 09:09:36

Orko wrote:

Well, that didn't last very long. The music was too loud to comfortably hear what was being said. And the Toggle UI button didn't appear to do anything. So instead of fighting with it I just hit Alt+F4. Haven't decided yet whether to wait for the game to be finished or to just delete it and move on.

Hey Orko, not sure what you mean there. There's no spoken voice overs, it's all text and I'm not sure what you mean by "toggle UI" button as there isn't one of those in the game.

2017-06-17 13:06:00

The buttons not working thing might be that jaws issue I noticed when I played it. To get clickable items to work Using jaws I had to manually refresh the screen with insert escape every time a new screen loaded. NVDA didn't have this problem.

2017-06-17 14:57:14

What is being said is the screen reader reading the text you are referring to. The music is so loud it drownds out my screen reader.

And there is a toggle UI button, maybe your screen reader can't see it but mine does and it doesn't do any thing, so I decided to ignore it and go on to the game itself. I found the link or button that says Start, it took me to a page that had several unlabeled links a thank you for trying the game, and another link or button to begin the game. Unfortunately clicking it didn't do anything.

So I gave up on it, if I bother with the game again it won't be until the game is finished.

2017-06-18 00:31:54

Just lower the game in the mixer or your screen reader to be louder, that's it.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-06-18 10:58:08

hi all, this game sounds great will it come to ios? just curious ...

2017-06-18 12:40:43

wlomas wrote:

hi all, this game sounds great will it come to ios? just curious ...

Yeah it will! smile

2019-08-03 00:22:49

this was the game I was thinking of thank you so much!

2019-08-03 00:25:59

uhh so what happened where are the people who are creating this game?

2019-08-03 00:34:00

alright found their website and they updated the game on may 16 of this year, it is still going! sooo happy for this!

2019-08-03 00:47:23

alright just tried the demo, the keyboard navigation is really really slow. the music is too loud and I can not find the option to turn it down.

2019-08-03 02:50:26

Hello everyone, I just downloaded the demo, does it only output to sappy? or is there an option to make it output to NVDA? and thanks smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2019-08-03 07:35:28

Hi.
@Diego, the edit button under the posts is there for a reason you know?

but I'm curious, are the developers still around producing this game?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-03 07:50:54

Last I know, he is. He is adding bimonthly stories to updates to keep us occupied.

2019-08-03 07:52:33

yes they do, I believe the last update was like 3months ago. I hope someone can answer my question smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2019-08-03 08:25:20

Moderation:
39 through 42. Just a friendly caution. Please try not to fill a topic with posts when you can summarize your thoughts in a single post.
Thanks.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-03 09:09:18

Hi:

I'm having trouble playing the demo of this game. WHen I load it my keyboard doesn't navigate the game. I did an NVDA OCR of the game and the game is loaded, but without the keyboard I can't interact with the game. How do I turn on TTS and kayboard navigation?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-08-04 15:02:50

Hello, my selection are so slow and the music is so loud. How do I turn it down?
A

2019-08-08 19:16:46

Ahh yes the edit button, the thingy which I uhh, totally remember is present in all posts.
Sorry for, tripple posting, or was it more than that.
Anyway I only found SAPI output and could not turn the Music down.
This is unfortunate because when the game first started it was completely accessible.
The music was at the right level and the navigation was very fast.