2019-07-28 06:01:45

Hi guys. I play Minecraft but i was wondering if there is an accessible version. It would be fun my friend adel and i were talking about how we could make it accessible. If your up for it, i'll send you ideas for it either via email or skype.
My email: [email protected]

Royal regards from the Governour King of Livlandia, Jaidon the 1ST

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-07-28 06:06:21

There's narroator, but that doesn't really do much

2019-07-28 06:50:36

Yup would love to have a blindcraft game.

2019-07-28 10:05:38

so. evon though  I would like to play that game, I have to wait a long, long time. they will have to reright that to make it blind friendly.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-28 19:14:48

never gonna happen

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-28 19:14:59

The closest thing we have is castaways and sbyw. I think its doable. We just need the right people to do it. Lets get a team of devs and lets make blindcraft.

_____

2019-07-28 20:03:06

@6, rastislav kiss planned, and eeven made something, showed off the demo and we all liked it, but it seems he's done now. No updates, no more demos, and that silence went and still going on for 2 or 3 years.

2019-07-28 22:04:16

Logicpro x gaming on youtube was doing some demos of blindcraft, but i think development on that has gone completely silent.

2019-07-28 22:08:44

Mindcraft for the blind -- all of it being accessible -- is not going to happen. Even with all sorts of accessibility adaptations, the game is simply too visual to be made accessible. Making a mindcraft game for the blind undermines and completely defeats the purpose of adding accessibility of any kind to mindcraft. The only way they could make it accessible would be if they rewrote half the game, someting they're not going to do.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-07-30 03:55:59

@9, i didnt mean for notch to remake minecraft. I meant if it was adapted for the blind either by one of our blind devs or a sighted dev like aprone or someone of those guys. Maybe, instead of making a bunch of fps's, we could focus on it. Thinking about it, it would be easy to do. When i properly learn to code, that would be my 2nd or 3rd project.

_____

2019-07-30 04:03:27

Easy, ah huh.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-30 12:29:25

Accessibility is being added into Minecraft, but is at the very early stages, chat can be read with a screen reader, Minecraft on pc at least does detect if you are using a screen reader, and they are looking for feedback from people regarding accessibility,  whether this goes anywhere is a different story.

Now as for it being an easy game to make an accessible version  of, hmmm, good luck with that

2019-07-30 13:55:43

you can kinda do that with the g d e, maybe?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-30 15:14:20

Okay, let me just address some points brought up here. First, Ethin is correct. Minecraft is too visual to be fully playable. Even if they way improve the screen reader, witch i have no doubt that they will,  we still won't be able to play it to the extent of a sighted person. As for minecraft being easy to re-code, well, you have fun with that. Minecraft has been in development for years upon years. Easy to re-code? not so much. In regard to being able to re-create it in the gde, you try that and let me know how it goes, i highly doubt that, first, the GDE would allow for the building system of inecraft, and two, as me and Ethin have said, the game is too visual to make it 100 percent playable to blind people. Yes, a re-write for the blind is possible, not from microsoft though. Yes, it is possible for someone in this community to do it, but no, it's not going to be easy.

2019-07-30 16:14:25

@14, we could just hope that rastislav will pick his blindcraft up again.

2019-07-30 16:56:42

That is indeed a possibility. While unlikely, i hope that does happen.

2019-07-30 19:45:52

People, get your heads out of the clouds. As it was said, it's just to visual to be possible.
Yes, you could possibly check with some sort of camera system on which coordinates which block is placed but you would never be able to grasp the whole structure at ones which is needed. Remember, you don't have constructions, you only have blocks.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-07-30 21:13:24

Hi. I think it could be done. All we have to do is add loop sounds to objects so we could find it and add co ordinates so we could know

where we put our blocks. even if we couldnt make a game that's exactly like Minecraft, we could at least make a primitave version of it and it would be better than all those clones of FPS games. I think it could be done.

_____

2019-07-30 21:15:46

Also, I didnt say a minecraft rewrite. I said for us to dev a minecraft that's accessible.

_____

2019-07-30 21:48:20

Yes we can make that, but with the sheer number of objects, block types, etc, it would be close to impossible to memorize those sounds, none the less make them. And also, minecraft has an endless world option, while yes if someone made that, they could just leave that out, still. It would be even more difacult to make survival mode, building is just part of minecraft. So we may have something that is close in relation and consepts, but even with microsoft adding a screenreader, we can't play it. There aren't enough audio ques. My xbox came with a free copy of minecraft, and trust me i tried to play that.

2019-07-31 00:43:29

yeah @20.

_____

2019-07-31 16:42:49

As I said, not going to happen. Even Blindcraft isn't a true recreation of the Mindcraft experience. The game has far too many elements in play for it to be accessible without a complete rewrite, and no one in this community, or in the sited community, is going to do that. Trust me. It just would not be worth their time. If they did, you'd have another problem -- how the hell do you keep the two games in sync? You can't. Mindcraft would be so far ahead of any "reinvention" for the blind that it just would not be worth it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-07-31 17:51:08

Agree with 22. If blindcraft had been started around the same time as minecraft, it might be playable and sorta up to date enough for it to be like minecraft, but it's discontinued anyways.

2019-07-31 19:30:00

You guys know what i just realised? STW is sorta, sorta like Minecraft. I think if we build on that plus add the map creation format of sbyw, add some map assistance stuff, and we got ourselves
blindcraft.
+, i didnt say it had to be in sync with minecraft, just have a simular concept.

_____

2019-07-31 19:39:50

s b y w is mind craft if you put pk. in it