2019-07-17 10:46:45 (edited by Ramdat 2019-07-17 11:24:33)

This is a text explanation of the flowchart found at the bottom of the "Evolution" page of the wiki. The flowchart shows the evolutionary path to get to each species. Read no further if you prefer to figure it out yourself.

The starting point for every species is Phagocytotis.

Phagocytotis branches into four categories: arthropods, eggshells, sexual reproduction and mammals.

Anthropods is a genus that includes the species Mantis, Scorpid and Antid.

Sexual reproduction branches into the genera Chloroplasts and Chitin. Ent and Cacti are the Chloroplast genus, while Sporgar and Shroomi are the Chitin genus.

Eggshells branches into the Ectothermic and Endothermic genera. Endothermic includes Arraak, Pterodacti, and Dracnid, while Ectothermic includes Slitheryn, Gecko and Tortisan.

Mammals branches into the genera Humanoid, Gigantism, Dwarfism and Animalism. Humanoid contains Human, Elf, and Ork. Gigantism contains Ogre, Cyclops and Troll. Dwarfism contains Kobold, Goblin and Gnome. Animalism contains Cath, Wolven and Centaur.

Species in the same genus have the same 2 minor genetic traits. For example, each species in the Dwarfism ("Small") genus have the traits Small and Weak. You can learn more about the races and traits on the wiki.

Race link here
Trait link here

2019-07-17 11:30:03

@51, thank you very very much!

2019-07-17 14:18:42

I've just started to play this game, and well, it's just awesome. I'm not really into this kind of games but I guess I'll be addicted for a long time big_smile

2019-07-17 20:15:59

The only problem is that when we navigate between jobs with letter h, it doesn't show the number of working citizens. But if we navigate with the arrows, it shows them. Could this be fixed somehow? Thanks!

2019-07-18 17:40:27

@54
  Really? You're gonna get this nit picky over part of the game that's already accessible, easily usable, and just isn't quite set up the way you'd like it to be perfectly convenient for your personal preference? Come on, man, enjoy the game. You can now. smile

Boldly going where everyone's already been.

2019-07-18 19:45:49

Oh god, have I ever said that it wasn't good? Moreover, it's awesome! I love it a lot. I just posted it because I've encountered the thing, not to bash the devs. smile

2019-07-18 21:32:53

Hello. First I want to say that you have a great game. I am totally addicted, and you have inspired me to create my own game. I think that I only have three requests. The first of these is that I want to know how much electricity I have. Second, is there any way that we could put timers to count down when resources are full, for the time oriented among us.  smile I have played many idle games, and I like to know exactly what I am getting into when I am filling up a storage. Third, the crate and container system is a little interesting, and I have no idea where to see the amount of resources you need to build a crate, so if someone could explain that to me. Keep up the good work.

Who am I? Simply me!

2019-07-18 22:48:20

I tried to play, I really did. What set me off is the random jump between how much food you are gaining.  For example, one second I may be gaining two units of food, and the next I am losing four.  I cannot build more farms, because that does not seem to help. There is no technology available that can help with my problem.  The message queue stays completely silent...  and I had 11 farmers and about 13 farms with 32 souls in total.  It also was really annoying to only have the access to the cabin as a means of increasing your population.  That I can deal with, I just can’t deal with losing food no matter what I try.  If somebody can explain my issue, I am more than willing to try again

2019-07-18 23:05:01

Well the thing that helped me, is to get more and more farmers. I have 13 farms as far as I remember, and maybe 17 farmers...

2019-07-18 23:51:21

@57, you can view your electricity/KW in the race info header.

2019-07-19 00:06:21 (edited by Ramdat 2019-07-19 01:04:23)

You guys should probably make suggestions for the game in the Github or Discord. The dev may not check this forum very often.

@57 To build a crate you click the + symbol beside the resources. Clicking the + opens a new window with three buttons, "construct crate", "unassign crate", and "assign crate". Hovering over the "construct crate" button shows the cost, which is 10 plywood for crates and 125 steel for containers. Clicking "assign crate" assigns one crate to the resource that is beside the + you clicked. If you hover over the "assign crate" button it states the amount of resources each crate stores. The crate/container system increases the maximum storage capacity of the resource assigned to it.

@58. Weather, seasons, morale, farms, farming technology and farmer jobs impacts the amount of food you gain. Weather is random. Seasons cycle based on the time in-game. One month in-game is 140 seconds in real time. Morale is effected by unemployment, some weather, seasons, job stress and entertainment. 100% is the base morale. Each 1% under 100% morale gives you 1% less production in every resource. Every 1% above 100% gives you a 0.5% production boost in every resource. Job stress can't be reduced, just offset by entertainment. Entertainment is gained by Entertainer jobs from the Amphitheatre. More advanced technology later in the game adds more morale options and farming buffs. In the early game you have to play actively to keep close attention on your food, and click the gather food button as necessary. Later on it's not much of a problem.

2019-07-22 19:49:26

I appear to be stuck. I cannot get steel, and I cannot research the technology required for smelting steel without it.  I have built every single building available to me, and the latest resource I have unlocked is coal. I only have two technologies available to research, Master craftsmen and crucible steel.  In the civics tab, there is nothing that suggests working with steel. I cannot buy the resource in the market, primarily because I have not unlocked it. What am I to do?  Am I supposed to go on the raid? That is the only thing I have not done.

2019-07-22 20:44:39 (edited by Dark 2019-07-22 20:45:28)

Yes, raid other people and you will get steel, and can then buy it. I was actually using it as a way to make money myself.

I would guess you get steel from having both iron and coal, though I never got quite that far myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-22 21:19:05

Well, I got  steel.  Now I need to figure out how to make smelters produce it.

2019-07-23 02:12:10 (edited by Ramdat 2019-07-23 09:45:29)

@64

Smelters produce steel by clicking "Smelter Options" button on the top left corner of the Smelter building. It opens a window that will look something like this:

Smelter
Fueled 0/1
« Lumber » | « Coal »
Iron Smelting 0 | Steel Smelting 0

The fueled line tells you how many smelters are fueled out of the amount you have. The above example has 0/1, so 0 out of 1 Smelter are fueled and operational.

To use the smelter, you have to click the arrows (« or ») beside the lumber or coal buttons to select that as fuel. The left arrow « removes fuel and the right arrow » adds fuel. If you click the "Iron Smelting" button, it increases iron production by 10%. If you click the "Steel Smelting" button, it produces steel instead. The number on these buttons tells you how many of your smelters are dedicated to each job. Removing fuel turns the smelter off, so remember to turn it back on after you add fuel again. To exit this interface just click anywhere outside the window, or press Esc.

Factories also have a production interface that opens in the same way. In that interface you choose between three different products.

2019-07-23 17:30:55

There has been an update recently to help with the accessibility of the smelter.

2019-07-23 21:37:44

Thank you Demagorddon, you really do a great job, love your game and your efforts on accessibility

2019-07-27 17:00:42

hi all. need some help here. I am currently unable to get my factory to work. I clicked on the factory options, but when I tried to click either alloy, nothing happens. factory is up to level 2, and I still have power remaining. am I missing something that I have to research to get the factory up and going. will not be able to progress if I can't get the alloys up and going. have tried buying, but they are rather expensive. thanks!

2019-07-27 19:49:59

The factory consumes copper and aluminium in order to produce alloy, do you have a surplus income of both?

Assuming you are producing both then you need to assign a factory to produce alloy; the factory is one of the things I have not yet reviewed for accessibility so you might be having trouble assigning the factory production. There are arrows that reduce or increase the number of factories assigned to produce a material similar to how the smelter worked in the past.

Hopefully someone else around here can help you decode how to interact with it until it gets it's usability update.

2019-07-28 00:19:35

yes I have a definite suplus of both copper and aluminium, so looks like I will have to wait for the accessibility update before I can continue. because quite a few of the researches need alloys now. there are only 2 elementswhen I get to the factory. the alloy clickable link, and the luxurious goods clickable link, and of couse there's the clickable that closes the factory. and I actually made 2 factories, and made sure it has power supplied to it, but pressing space on either the clickable goods does not seem to do anything.

2019-07-28 08:08:12 (edited by Dark 2019-07-28 08:08:56)

Just to let everyone know, Evolve now has Its own db page found here<

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-28 17:09:11

@70 I just updated the factory modal with some accessibility improvements.

2019-07-28 20:15:46

thank u so much! factory is working just like the smelter now! but I still can't figure luxurious goods? I started producing it, but nothing new appeared to my resources.

also, what is the arpa for? I managed to get it up to 4 %, but I don't know what resources it is actually consuming from me, and what does it do?

2019-07-28 22:53:38

Luxury goods just consume furs to produce money.

The Advanced Research Projects Agency (A.R.P.A.) is for super projects. There are currently four projects: Supercolliders, Stock Exchange, Monuments, and the Launch Facility. Initially only the Supercollider is available, the rest will unlock later.

Supercolliders boost science, Stock Exchanges boost money, Monuments boost morale cap, and the launch facility lets you go into space.

2019-07-29 13:12:27

thank u so much. glad that u gave explanations for each of the projects, as the game does not explain it very much. will give that a try.