2019-07-09 14:23:16

Hi all,

I hear every so often that call of duty black obs 4 in the zombie mode is quite playable, but, before i hop onto the band wagon, i have a few questions:

1. How usable is the game with nvda ocr?
2. How easy or difficult is aiming to zombies?
3. is it also possible to play it as an individual instead of online?
4. I heard the mentioning of the use of bots, what kind of bots are this?

If there is anything else, i am very eager to hear about it smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-07-10 01:29:07 (edited by LordLundin 2019-07-10 01:30:25)

1: you can basically see what screen you're on, but a lot of it is trial and error. I know someone who's able to make his own class and build equipment and sign contracts, etc, but for now I haven't done that.
2: you have to set some settings, shift some buttons around and so, but aiming is probably the easiest part of the game to be honest. That doesn't mean you still have to be fast,, it's a mainstream game after all.
3 and 4: yes you can play with yourself. The bots  are there to revive you and take the pressure off.
Edit: I should probably  say play by yourself, but I'll keep the slipup there because it's funny.
For more answers, talk to BradP (he just now said he's going to respond to the thred so we'll see, if not just PM him)

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-07-10 01:31:26

Well, their is a lot of little things you need to do, but essentially what LordLundin said, its very fast paced though so you will die a lot, but its still fun.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2019-07-10 08:44:26

Hi,

@lordlundin

Rofl, +1 for that one big_smile

@bradp and lordlundin

Which settings need to be set to make the experience even more enjoyable? Or, i think the settings make it more enjoyable ... smile

I did purchase the game, and i am waiting till the download completes, i also did download the menu guide blindndangerous made.

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2019-07-11 04:48:01

Basically, for settings you want to turn down the music and change your vertical sensitivity to 1 and change your button layout to right once so B is your melee button.

2019-07-11 11:01:06

Hi,

Thanks for your answer bradp, gave you a +1 for that smile

I have a few other questions, yesterday, i did two matches of zombies, which i quite enjoyed, i hadn't thought it was so easy to navigate along with the bots. But:

1: I every so often hear, that my allies get other weapons, how can i get a different weapon then the 6 shooter i seem to use now? I mean, how can i know where to find some other weapon?
2. Where can i find my total killcount? Cause i heard bradp saying in another topic that his killcount was 10.000? I think i have 19 now, mostly with melee combat big_smile
3. I heard from someone who looked with me, that there was an icon, which represented a sword, with an one next to it, i asume this is my level or something?

I will await your reply, i never imagined the game to be so much fun, and then i only did two matches and mostly got beaten up tongue

Greetz mike

2019-07-11 15:15:11

I hold down x as I run around. X is reload / interact. It opens doors and boxes. Some maps boxes are audible. Some aren't. I just make it a habbit holding X down as I run.,

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2019-07-12 02:05:41

Some of the maps have sounds for guns, doors and the box and perk machines. The sword is your special weapon. When you get enough kills, it will make a sound or your character will comment on it and you can hit lb and rb to activate it. Your kills and rounds survived are found at the end of the game. And you will also level which it displays at the end of the game when you level and you can see what you unlock. What is your gametag on xbox? I will definitely add you. Mine is OdiumRains.

2019-07-12 22:12:30

Hi,
I didn't know about changing the control scheme. Can someone describe how to do that?
Which menu guide are people referring to?
A good way to find out your level and stats is to download the Call of Duty Companion app for your phone. It isn't totally accessible, but it's good enough to give you your level etc.
Which map are people playing and liking the most? I like classified, but it doesn't have a lot of the sounds for doors, etc. Ancient Evil seems pretty good, but I haven't spent a lot of time on that yet.
My gamer tag on xbox is jfayre if anyone wants to add me.
There is a guy on Youtube who goes by TJ The Blind Gamer who has posted a lot of zombies videos. He just recently did a video that describes some of the menus and how to change things like your special weapon etc.

2019-07-13 06:14:15

I'll tell Brad that this question is asked. As for my favourite map, it's either Ancient Evil or Alkatrass. On Tuesday you'll get a new map for xbox users, it's already available for PS.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2019-07-13 09:05:36 (edited by cj89 2019-07-13 09:06:51)

It's probably worth noting that you don't need to use the companion app for your levels. If you're on xbox, you can just stream it and OCR at the end of each game. Usually works pretty well, if you unlock anything it can sometimes miss that though. Long and short of it is, Zombies is a learning experience. I recommend adding only 1 or 2 bots if your goal is more to explore the maps to get your bearings. I'd also suggest adjusting your horizontal and vertical aiming settings. The former you'd want to set to about 3 so all the way left and about 2 right. Vertical sensitivity you want all the way to the left. It's probably not essential to do this, I personally have a much better time trying to aim when I've adjusted this. I've started working on a textual menu guide for reference which I can upload if enough people want me to. If you hit A on each option though, OCR will generally tell you what you're in. Yay analogue menus, I guess.

2019-07-19 10:54:19

Hi all,

Wow, really haven't looked to this topic and certainly missed a few replies sad

Thanks to all who replied, it makes understanding on how the game works with ocr, a bit easier.

@bradp

Mine is pelantas, I definately will add you as sson as i power up my xbox big_smile

@jfayre
I will add you too if you don't mind. For the few matches i have played i do like the one on the ship the most. It was something named with despair in the name i think ...
I mean the small guide blindndangerous made to start up the zombies mode. When you use the search option of the forums you might find it. If you don't find it, i will look it up and post the link.

@cj89
That would be very helpful if you want to share it. Count me as one of the interested big_smile

Greetz Mike

2019-07-20 23:56:20

same just got my exbox my gammer tag is  blind wheels

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —