2019-07-06 21:40:01

I'm still at zone 95ish. I could probably push to 100, but it would be a slog.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-07 10:25:47

104 is the best I've done, but that with some long absenses to gain stuff. It seems with trimps when you get to the point that you can't keep up with coordinations and weapon prestieges your best off bailing out sooner rather than trying to push further.
On the plus side, decay wasn't half so bad as I thought it'd be, I finished the hole thing in less than two hours without any trouble at all, though I wish Green satellite would fix the stacks line as I couldn't ever workk out how many stack of decay I had, so basically just spent as little time in maps as humanly possible.

Also am I missing something with the anticipation perk? Your basically told you get a bonus if your trimps take time breeding to full strength up to 30 seconds, however I'm not sure how you calculate how long it is taking yor trimps to breed to maximum since I've not seen anything about this on the breed table, it list the number  trimps breeding per second, which is fairly useless for calculating times being as obviously the more trimps you have,  more breed.
it'd be great if there was a basic timer when  population's below strength showing you how long it'll take, so you can buy geneticists and nurseries accordingly.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-07 12:29:19

well i love being able to choose the garden maps now. so unless for challenge purposes i simply won't bother now with any other map type.

2019-07-07 17:43:25

It is nice, especially with autostorage. Just set up your map overnight, or when you need to go out, and come back to resource goodness.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-07 18:17:49

yup that's exactly what i did. it's brilliant.

2019-07-07 18:33:34 (edited by Dark 2019-07-07 18:37:57)

Garden maps are great when you want resources generally, though later in the game metal becomes really important so I still find running mountain maps better for that.

Btw, anyone done the frugal challenge? The write up doesn't look that hard for all it has  a pretty powerful unlock.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-07 19:00:20

isn't that unlocked at z100?

2019-07-07 19:25:24

It is.
I'm also considering doing electricity as well to get some more helium, though I think I might try frugal first as the advantage from frugal would probably help.

2019-07-07 20:30:19

Electricity isn't as bad as it sounds. I did it just fine, and I haven't broken 100 yet. I have done all the others, however.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-07 23:25:53

yeah electricity is pretty good actually. i'll probably push this run to 95, do electricity again try and push for 100 then i'll see what i will see.

2019-07-08 13:54:42

hi there,
how do i run trimps from github offline that is?
what requirements are needed?
e.g java installed?
got the .zip file downloaded and am unsure?
what is the file that I need to run to get started?
thanks for your assistence and thanks for bringing trimps to my attention?
are there any other games like trimps?
would be greatful if you could post links to the topics on here about them, or the links to the site?
thanks again!
Majid

2019-07-08 19:12:01

@mhussain, I am not sure  which file on Github contains the trimps offline release, since there is a separate version of the game with the screen reader fixes at https://trimps.github.io/ScreenReader

The game is usually played entirely online, indeed unless you want to be entirely reliant on either computer cookies or manually saving to text files, online is the best way to save your game.

I'm tempted to either try frugal first or do another run with balance to increase my helium gains before trying electricity, since I am not entirely sure about getting to zone 80 reliably even in normal conditions, or at least I start to miss coordinations around zone 65 or so.

2019-07-08 20:24:55

push your carpentry up as far as you can that's the biggest help to you.

2019-07-08 23:11:14

Yep. I can keep up with coordinations until about 84. Carpentry is so expensive now it is taking most of my helium for one level of the perk. I should really run electricity a few times just to pump things up, because apart from coordination, I am starting to slow down on upgrades.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-08 23:50:59

yeah it is expensive. i doubt i'll be able to get any this run as am not running electricity i was doing decay. what i will probably do with the helium i have is to spend on some of the power pirks and defensive ones.

2019-07-09 23:14:28

I'm currently pushing toward 120. I just completed my third Life run. Got six void maps before z108, when I ran them all, and then clawed my way to completion. I wanna get to 120 so I can get Coordinated out of the way. big_smile

2019-07-13 20:36:05

@dark
I'd say do frugal.
You only have to do it once, and the boost is as far as I know a 20% increase.
@mhussain
If you want to run Trimps offline, extract the zip file, then open ScreenReader.html in your browser. That's what I do and it always works.

2019-07-15 21:08:08

hi all,

so am up to .91 again. i'm going to (try) for z100 so i can unlock the next challenge. not sure if i'll make it though. zones are slowing down and i'm behind coordinations now. i am behind by 9 of them at the moment. so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

2019-07-15 21:10:28

You can make it through. I make it through to 105 on coordination 84.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-15 22:25:50

yeah my next is coordination 81

2019-07-18 14:48:26

wow this frugal challenge is quite difficult. i'm having to stop the dimention of anger, then build up some more. i did forget to do the wall to get the bounty book. but wow this is certainly not easy far from it. any ideas as for strategy?

2019-07-18 15:55:57 (edited by drums61999 2019-07-18 15:56:59)

It was a pain. Just keep powering through. I think I had all my weapons around 75 by the time it was all done. I focused on health primarily, and I did use shield block to help. I did fine until about zone 30, then it became a struggle.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-18 20:52:16

you think shield block will be better than health?

2019-07-19 00:28:14

Well, with a tier 1 shield, it's just 4 health per trimp per level. I felt like the block would be more beneficial. Eventually I powered through.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-19 00:36:51

yeah i know. i did the wall but can't go for shield block as the shield needs to be level 3 in order for it to work. i am using the gyms when i can however they are taking ages for me to be able to build them. all my other armour is well over lvl 100 now some of it is even over 200. the best i can do so far is cell 52 on DOA.