2019-07-16 20:12:20

Hey everyone.

I noticed that over the last few weeks and months and wanted to get your opinion about that.

I'm sure you guys all know those one liner topics where a simple, I agree or I disagree is often the only contents in the post, or those which only contain a simple smily, an xD or a simple big_smile.

I've seen that in other forums, they have a minimum character count for a forum post which needs to be reached before the the responce ccan be posted to the forum threat.
I think they have a limit of 20 characters, signature excluded.

I wanted to ask what the general consense about implementing such a method to eliminate most one liner posts from the forum is? I haven't a real strong opinion either way, it just came to my mind and thought about posting it here to see what the others thoughts are.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-07-17 00:09:06

If this ends the 50 posts per new release of people announcing that they're just downloading the game now without saying anything else, then I 100 percent support this.

2019-07-17 06:34:44

Noooo this will stop the random words game

2019-07-17 09:26:19

Hi.
@2, I haven't even considered that one, thanks for pointing it out though.
@3 well, what is more important. Less cluttered forum threats or one simple forum game which doesn't actually need any form of inteligent thinking or amusement.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-07-17 09:32:32

I can't recall if there is anything in the admin settings about this, but I would be in favour of this one myself, random words game not withstanding. After all, this is a forum, not Skype chat.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-30 16:19:17

Agreed. Lol one line post

2019-08-02 10:33:04

isnt that need a webmaster to do it?

2019-08-24 23:07:55

I agree

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-24 23:09:13

The whole,

dev releases new game.

post 2. downloading now

post 3. downloading now

post 4. who is the same person from post 1. this is a clone. don't download.

That's pretty annoying. lets do this.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here