2019-07-17 05:25:55

Hello all.
Iā€™m trying to install the Shockwave plug-in to play games like the Curb Game in Internet Explorer. I am running a Windows 10 64-bit system with the latest version of Windows 10 installed. When the files begin to unpack (about 32% or so), I get an "error opening file for writing" message. Does anyone know how to fix this in any way to get Shockwave working? If so, I would greatly appreciate you letting me know.
Thanks everyone.

2019-07-21 00:32:14

To be honest, Shockwave just probably doesn't work under your computer's operating environment. After all, Shockwave was first released in 1995 but correct me if I am wrong. It's also being fully discontinued on 05.10.19 and from then, Adobe will no longer host a download link and have not accepted EULA agreements from 09.04.19. I guess you were unfortunately too late.
As for The Curb Game, that's also pretty old so who knows what will happen to it after the official discontinuation. Shockwave's use has massively declined since it's initial release and since the people who do use it are in the minority, Adobe decided to pull the plug on it.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-07-21 06:10:56

Hmm, maybe, but I was able to play The Curb Game under Windows 10 1809 without any issues really. I may be too late. I was able to get Shockwave installed, but have not gotten the Curb Game to work.