2019-07-11 20:54:53

#23 Yes a good suggestion, i will make it tonight.

2019-07-11 23:28:35

@post 24 thank you, that's what I thought. Keep us posted, I hope this works well with some of the big poker sites out there.

2019-07-12 08:26:31

@BlindPoker: Wow. Thanks for clarifying. This is awesome...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-07-12 15:06:51

Hi!
This is an amazing project. Power to you!
Is there any way in which I can help? I could do testing, and I might even be able to do some coding, although I'm still in the learning phase with respect to that.
I also depend on OCR for many things. Who knows, maybe I'm an AI?
Cheers Perry

2019-07-12 19:25:09

Hi for everyone who wants to test blind poker app, please send request on email [email protected].
How much experience you have with coding, are you familiar with c#, or have enough time and motivation to learn? You can answer me this in the email, so we can continue discussion there in more detail

2019-07-13 00:57:00

i have made it repeat last told information, if you press shortcut A. Thanks for the suggestion

2019-07-13 01:24:44

Awsome, that was quick!
Just another question, since many of the poker lobbys aren't that screen reader friendly, will it be something similar as it is now in the client, you choose the kind of game you would like to play through your client and not have to deal with the main poker client lobby itself, is this correct?
Also, there is no way to find out who's turn it is? For example, if you press the shortcut to get information about a specific player, it is not possible to find out if it their turn in the game?

2019-07-13 20:52:55

Hi we could add shortcut for telling which player has turn to act, but i am not sure if that information is relevant at all. If you play HU postflop, and if you heard sound for your turn (bells) you know it is your turn to act and if you haven't it means opponent is acting. If there are more than 2 players in the pot, does it matter which player is currently having turn to act?

Regarding the interaction with lobby, the idea is that you select what game you want to play e.g. holdem, what minimium blinds and maximum blinds, and you get seated automatically on a table that fullfills criteria. Similar is on tournaments you enter minimum and maximum buy in, we could add also tournament types (turbo, slow, hyper etc).
we could also make it more interactive that it tells you what tournaments are currently upcoming so that you pick tournament you want to register.

2019-07-13 21:01:52

I definitely think that it'd be nice to have a feature to know who's turn it is to act.

2019-07-13 21:45:12

Hi.

If I understand this correctly, this is supposed to be a program with which you can play poker and actually bet chips and or real money.

Is this correct?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-07-13 22:19:43

It's pretty much a program that will be associated with poker sites to give us the info we need to play, such as every players' actions, our cards, the board cards, our stack size as well as our opponents', etc.

2019-07-14 00:53:23

#35 and #36
yes it is a program that will tell you relevant information from real money poker site. Visually impaired people
were so far able to play online poker only in fake money, and we got many requests to make an application which would read relevant poker information from a real money poker site table and tell it to the user.
Visually impaired people who were so far playing on real money poker sites usually need another sighted person who can tell them all information from the table, but now will be possible to play on real money poker sites on your own without help of another sighted person.

2019-07-14 08:15:55

hi all
I got message from Nenad
"Hello,
The setup of blind poker application is made easy. You just need to download
application, install it. The whole setup is down automatically in the background, you might be asked to restart PC after setup is down to apply changes.
Website is done https://www.blindpoker.net/
You can read there all information.
I would appreciate your feedback, if you still find it complicated, or if you
have any issues.
"

2019-07-15 01:39:19

Hello,

OK, so I have just tried out the latest release of your software and it is great. However, there are a few things here I'd like to bring up. If anyone else wants to jump in, do so.
1. After you have entered your login details and press CTRL+S to login, the client tells you to wait a few minutes for the configuration to finish. You get no indication you have to wait and try in a while. Would be nice if the client could inform you that it has finished the setup and you can now press CTRL+S to login.
2. I and I think others, would like to know more what's happening in the game.
For example, it says two folded before you. I'd like to know who folds, who calls etc.
Also, if two players, now in this case bots play against each other, I also want to know what they are doing. For example, bot 1 raises 25, bot 2 calls and what they won the hand with.
Now, its completely silent and the next hand begins without any info. Would be great to know how other players play so that you can take advantage of this in real money games.
What do you think?

2019-07-15 01:56:38 (edited by blindpoker 2019-07-15 02:06:50)

Hello thank you for your feedback.
I have already made change for your first suggestion. It will now tell you before it starts making setup, and it will notify you once it is done with setup (might take 1-3 minutes).

Regarding 2nd suggestion, how many hands did you play? It is already telling all actions of opponents even if you are not in a hand, and tells what showdown they had. Does it not tell at all to you what actions opponents played and their showdowns once you fold a hand?

By the way preflop it only tells you which opponent raised or called, it doesn't tell you who folded because if e.g. it tells you CO raises 6, it is obvious that all players before CO folded. I made it this way so that it speaks only relevant information to you.

2019-07-15 02:28:29

Here's a thing. I personally find it nice that the software announces the players' positions at the table, however I really think that it should tell you the players' name along with what he does. By reading Chris' post I think that this is not implemented yet, sorry if I'm wrong but I haven't tried the software. Here's an example of what should be added:
blindpoker raises to 300
Seb2314 folds
Chris08 calls 300
I think that this should really be mandatory, especially for real money games. Taking notes about our opponents is very important nowadays if you want to be successful at poker.

2019-07-15 02:51:14

hello what you suggested is already done. Please check it again, and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

2019-07-15 03:00:42

Sorry, after reading your last message I get it now. I personally would like to know who actually folded as well, if possible

2019-07-15 03:05:02

seb2314 wrote:

Sorry, after reading your last message I get it now. I personally would like to know who actually folded as well, if possible

OK i agree. I made it now to tell also preflop who folded, already released new version so you can test it if you want.

2019-07-16 18:25:27

Hi.
I'm totally new to Poker, so I'm just about to learn all the basics.
I would give the client a try on the test server which is mentioned in post one. Then I logged in, I got a message saying no table was found, and then the client logged me out again. I'm not sure on what I did wrong or how to get started. Or, should I try an other poker game until I have got the basics?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2019-07-16 22:07:18

Hi in order to play on our test poker site and practice poker vs our bots, you should send request for a username by sending email on [email protected]
Simply say that you would like to use blind poker application and ask for an username.
I don't want to post here username because every user should get own username.

If you want to learn rules of poker and winning strategy, good way is to read the strategy articles on
https://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/ … -strategy/

I have learned poker from this site, you can participate there in the forum in hand discussion and get to know people.
If you don'T want to bother with learning winning strategy but simply want to have fun, you can just read that first article which explains you the rules of poker and how to play it, it takes few minutes to understand it.

2019-07-17 00:02:40

OK, so I have been playing with this new release now and first of all, thanks for implementing the information about folding.
I do have some more comments:
1. When a hand is finished, I'd like to know how much a player has won. For example, player2 won 305 chips, etc and not just that the player won, except when folding. What do you think, would it be possible to implement?
2. How to find out how much the small blind is?
Hope that others will jump in here as well. This is a very good project from my opinion and I can't wait to try it in a tourney. smile

2019-07-17 00:39:32

Hello Chris,
Thank you for your feedback.

1. Amount won is a bit tricky because sometimes there are splits, sometimes 3 way showdowns with all ins and different stack sizes where you have 2 or even more winners. So it is much additional work for now, and i would rather focus on real money sites and leave this for later.

2. If you press B shortcut, it will tell you the size of big blind. Once you know size of big blind, small blind is always half less, or for some stakes like 0.02/0.05 it is not exactly half less, but it is the only exception. For the tournaments, it will say also the size of ante. When you take a seat, it tells you the size of big blind and the size of small blind.
You can find full shortcuts list here https://www.blindpoker.net/shortcuts

2019-07-17 08:56:06

Hi.
@BlindPoker: Thanks a lot. I have sent you an email. I just thought the username and password in post one worked as a test account.
I read up on the rules yesterday, and I think i got the basics. I have tried a few Poker apps on my phone which was a lot of fun.

Best regards SLJ.

2019-07-17 13:29:24

Every user gets one account assigned so that you can play at the same time and can follow your balance.
After each log in, it tells you your total balance so you can keep track of how much you won or lost on test client.
Playing poker vs humans in fake money can be fun too, but the issue is when it is not in real money humans tend to not care about calling or bluffing, so the game is not realistic. The most fun in poker is when you play in real money and the money
means something to you meaning you would be very happy if you win the money and not happy if you loose, then you get more nervous when bluffing or calling, so the game gets more realistic and fun.
Bots on our test poker site play as most humans would play on real money site so it is a great practice for you before you start playing on the real money poker sites.

If you or anyone else have any questions regarding rules of poker or strategy tips you can ask here i will answer.