2019-06-13 19:46:10

It has been a pleasure meeting all the different beginning producers that are interested into getting in to music.

2019-06-14 13:01:29 (edited by YourUso 2019-06-14 13:06:11)

Hey guys. My man Sirpdex, helped me make my first beat.
Take a look Here And don't forget to hit him up if you guys need.

2019-06-15 03:01:13

wow! that sounds nice.
I also would like to learn .
serbdex, I know I spelled your name rong, but please add me on skype. we can talk sunday or tomorro

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-06-15 05:29:13

I am overwhelmed and happy to see there is so many people that are interested in getting started in producing

2019-06-16 02:00:20

hi there! this is seriously awesome, thank you so much sirpdex! much appreciated!

2019-06-16 14:21:40

My only problem is, that I have the pack and stuff, but. How do you set Reaper to record in multitracks, like, if I record a track, and then I wanna record another one but at the same time I wanna hear the first track as well, so I could record another one to it? Let's say, for example I record some drum beats, and then I want a bass for it, so I should hear the drum to know how I should play the bass. Any ideas?

2019-06-17 09:45:57

In my beginners pack you will see templates load one of these templates and it will show you how every item is in its own track !.

2019-06-24 12:37:59

alright ladies and gentlemen I will try and pencil in sometime over the weekend to do some more templates and include some more sounds and midi files.
it's been a pleasure getting to know you all.and can't wait to see what you can produce in the upcoming future .
don't forget to keep practicing and if you have anymore questions to hit meet up.

2019-07-01 21:04:18

Hello. Has anyone used Hypersonic with Reaper before? I'm having a problem using it with Reaper. I load the plugin and it loads fine. But when I try to play nothing happens not to mention that other plugins work fine for me. Any help would be appreciated

2019-07-02 09:46:15

Unfortunately I have not used the software before but I am guessing that it needs you too select a preset sound to start playing

2019-07-02 15:33:06

I don't know how to change that I see a lot of things that I can change. Over 1000 items I can change but I don't know witch one of them I don't see anything to change the sound of the VST plugin.

2019-07-03 00:59:45

Also. I'm looking in to purchasing a midi keyboard. So do you have some options there? There are a lot of them and it's hard for me to just randomly pick one. So you guys can help me out. Thanks

2019-07-03 09:40:28

When buying a MIDI controller it depends on how much you want to spend on it and whatever your budget is.
And how serious you are about playing as if you are a person that wants to learn how to play the piano you need the full 88 key version or 61.
have

2019-07-03 09:59:52

as I was saying I have the native instruments s49 but this is a bit overkill you can buy the cheaper little brother M32 for around £100 or $130 and probably less if you shop around.
To be honest all you need is a general midi keyboard to make life easier when producing on a vaw especially when getting started.
So as I said

2019-07-03 10:01:34

My phone sensitivity is annoying me now and pressing submit lol.
so just let us know your budget and I'm sure we can help you on here figure out what is the best one for you

2019-07-03 17:35:15

If I buy a midi keyboard. You know like a small one, will I be able to change the octave are there any buttons to change the octave? Because I don't wanna face this problem when making music so yeah. I've never used one of these don't really know if it's like the keyboards like Yamaha and Roland. Speaking of witch, I really like the Roland FA6 it's really interesting

2019-07-12 12:36:24

Yes most midi keyboards have function keys which allow you to go up and down octaves.

2019-07-12 17:50:25

Oh okay thanks a lot

2019-09-09 08:21:44

got reaper working, ultra awesome! now I can make beats!

2019-09-09 09:42:09 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-09-09 09:50:03)

remember that there are many things here that can help you out and in fact it answers 95% of questions asked repeatedly here and elsewhere. I recent also added an editing basics article that has a practical way to use item manipulation and so on. You might check out the editing midi one the loop and beat slicing one, and the stretch markers one  which I have also put together. Lots of fun guaranteed almost for free.
What we need documented now are things industry producers tend to use for these kinds of things, specifically tempo mapping, quick pattern building using certain accessible instruments, a true tutorial on how looping can work to make entire songs faster, using arpeggiators, creative use of effects like delays and reverbs, compression  and so on (though we already have side chaining covered as it can work well for other uses like producing podcasts for example). All of this could be of course linked to the packs and the stuff posted here for a more streamlined process and series. Of course what I notice most though when working with people who do these tracks, is the use of many many many sounds that are obtained from every imaginable source. They stick to certain ones and the sweeten things by adding yet more and more sounds until they feel its right.
I can help with some of the foundational things just described, but I still have to find out more about accessible arpeggiators and pattern building.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-09-09 10:42:15

Hi
I have some problems with setting up side-chain.
the problem appeared when i was sending the kick track to the melody track.
Everything was working fine, until I pressed shift f10 on the sent to track 1 option.
The context menu oppened, but just with one option:
"Close window on enter key  c"
I am not sure what I|m doing wrong, so asking here... big_smile

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-09-09 10:54:48

If you use reaper, You need the actual applications key a lot and not Shift f10. In reaper, they act different than normal.
I have a Komplete Kontroll A61 and love it very much. I've got some instruments however they require me to have the full version of the Kontakt software. But, that is $400!!! I unfortunately don't have that kind of money to spend. I'm really hoping to find a way to somehow get Komplete 12 through some kind of installment plan cause that comes with the full version of Kontakt.

2019-09-09 11:48:42

tomas1333 wrote:

Hi
I have some problems with setting up side-chain.
the problem appeared when i was sending the kick track to the melody track.
Everything was working fine, until I pressed shift f10 on the sent to track 1 option.
The context menu oppened, but just with one option:
"Close window on enter key  c"
I am not sure what I|m doing wrong, so asking here... big_smile

there are scripts that emulate the apps key if you do not have one, too. Try again with one of these or using the applications key and not shift f10, it might act on some other floating window that probably got opened as well

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-09-09 15:59:00 (edited by Tissman 2019-09-09 16:01:11)

Thx all, your suggestions helped.
I mapped the apps key to ctrl + del...

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-09-09 22:45:11

OT, but, what did you use to make the apps key? the current bt keyboard I'm using doesn't have one and I'd like to be able to make that happen. Lol. Thanks a lot.