2019-07-11 14:20:26

Defender it's fun that you behave here like this, and on Mason's forum you'd volunteer yourself to be an admin. God. Over there everyone behaves differently, even the ones who's style is different here... But keep going.

2019-07-11 17:03:04 (edited by defender 2019-07-11 17:25:34)

Yeah well, I kinda saw Liam's point about filtering the BS and stuff this forum doesn't allow over there, and I figured that since they really needed admins, I'd do it, conditionally of course and as hands off as possible so that it may have a better chance of lasting.  I know I'll probably regret it, but allot of people suggested me so I felt I should do my part.

Also, comments specifically meant to start fights like that (it's funny how...) (but keep going) ETC are exactly what we are talking about.
Imagine if someone said something to you in the tone you just used with me, I assume you would immediately become defensive.
So I wonder what your goal is here, are you trying to get me to admit to some great secret?  Okay and what happens after I do then.  What's the next step.
Or do you just want to endlessly complain about the terrible state of things from the sidelines by shaking your head and clucking your tongue like an old lady scolding children every chance you can get.
Because let me tell you that doesn't get jack shit accomplished either...

Regardless the fact that you've not had any sort of argument against the posts from SLJ, Ironcross, Liam and I (people actually trying to explain it to you rather than just insulting) and then you just asked another question meant to inflame the situation, makes me think your just trolling at this point anyway.
That, and you said you were going to stop talking about this way back in post 14, yet here we are.

2019-07-11 18:07:08

Of course I know, I'm also a member of that forum so I saw what was going on. I still have nothing against you, so I don't want to attack you or anything. It's just so bad that over here, everyone is complaining about that one but there they all, who migrated from here, act differently.

2019-07-11 18:30:36

The only complaints I've seen about that forum are how it initially mirrored the audiogames forum in design.
it seems to have taken on a life of it's own, so I wish it the best of luck.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-07-11 20:48:56

Yeah I sorta get what you mean Master of Death, it was a very similar situation with the Klango audio games cracking group.  And I appreciate that you are explaining your self more clearly now and without so much snark and venum.

2019-07-11 21:54:20

Yeah, so that's why I wrote those things before. To be honest, I know exactly that I have mistakes in expressing myself, and that's a really huge mistake in my whole personality. I don't encounter it in speech though, if I have to speak I'm not this kind of harsh. The problem is that if I am angry then I don't really concentrate on how to explain or how to tell my problems, I just grab my keyboard and start typing all over. But the ones who don't know this, think that I'm a raging psychopat who is just bashing the forum for nothing. And of course when I kept bashing Mason as well. It was because quite a lot of people from my country lost their money because of his servers going down, and stuff. In my 17 years I fell into so many traps that I just don't want others to do the same. Sadly, sometimes I can be manipulated more than easily, and I don't want to let others to experience the same things.

2019-07-11 22:19:53

@56, then you need to resolve that, fair and square. You can't endlessly bash something without any kind of solution. I already don't take you seriously, and I doubt anyone else really does either. That is the result of what you have done -- and I have nodoubt it will persist for some time unless youimprove ASAP.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-07-12 00:12:46

I have this problem as well to some extent. It is very, very rare for me to piss people off in person when I speak to them aloud. Oh, it happens, but not nearly so much as you might think. It's in text that I have issues sometimes...so on that point, MasterOfDeath, I hear you and understand you. All I can really say is that you and I both have work to do, I guess.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-12 00:39:06

@57 You gotta learn when to let things go bud. He made an explanation, now, that kind of deserves a bit of a reprieve at least. Now, if he were to continue doing the same things over and over again after this, then I wouldn't say anything, but you have this problem of kicking a dude when he's down.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-12 00:56:30

@59, I know, its a problem I have. Perhaps I need to leave the forum for a while and take a break, keep in touch with those who I talk ton on games like AA, and keep working on my kernel for a bit and work that out, give me something to distract myself with.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-07-12 03:15:49

It might be to the good. You are a bit intense sometimes, Ethin. I've been contemplating warning you again, because while I agree with your sentiments, you've been handling this guy pretty roughly (like more than is good for people I think).
But yeah. If you want to cool off a bit, that might be an excellent start.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-12 08:37:35

Thumbs up for post 56.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-07-29 01:11:31

This is just to let people know that we now have a proper set of rules (thank god) and another mod to help out with things.

2019-07-29 04:06:52

We now also have user karma working.  Yaye!

2019-08-05 04:16:40 (edited by defender 2019-08-05 04:17:58)

This is just to let people know that forum.masonasons.me is down.  We'll get it back up if we can, but everything is gone.
At least we won't have that user karma problem now though! right? right? :@
We still have the rules, and we're gonna try to find a better forum software solution, so in the end this could be a good thing, but I can't say I'm happy about it.
I'm sorry all your posts got lost.

2019-08-05 04:23:25

I was just about to post about this, after asking mason about it via twitter, he confermed that things got really broken.

2019-08-05 05:01:16

defender wrote:

This is just to let people know that forum.masonasons.me is down.  We'll get it back up if we can, but everything is gone.
At least we won't have that user karma problem now though! right? right? :@
We still have the rules, and we're gonna try to find a better forum software solution, so in the end this could be a good thing, but I can't say I'm happy about it.
I'm sorry all your posts got lost.

As bad as that is, I think we needed a reboot anyway.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-08-05 05:17:03

They didn't get lost, he changed his MySQL password and failed to update the site with it. So long as he hasn't foolishly dropped the database in PHPMyAdmin/Adminer, everything still exists.

My Github

2019-08-05 05:23:18

just... rofl.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-05 05:29:49

actually, its not just the forum.. masonasons.me is also down.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-05 05:58:14 (edited by defender 2019-08-05 05:59:31)

Well, we're probably gonna do My BB instead of Pan BB (why wasn't this done in the first place?
god only knows) which should be better.  I suspect it will be up pretty soon, and we may not even need to do restricted users any more with My BB's better bot protections, so that should at least make registering again easier...
Also backups will be allot easier to do on Mason's end now it seems, so we shouldn't have a full loss like this again.

2019-08-05 12:32:31

LOL, I'm not surprised.

2019-08-05 17:38:25

Of course you're not. Apparently I can't think much lol. It's always a problem for me, I want to do things now now now and I forget about things I otherwise wouldn't if I just slowed down. What basically happened was I deleted the server the forum was on without first taking a backup. Why? Because in backing up everything, the one thing I forgot was the forum. Lame and i totally feel stupid for it because I apparently never learn.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-08-05 18:18:40

@72, you're not surprised? well i'm not surprised by that.

2019-08-05 18:28:00

But isn't mybb not as easy to get to rips with and not quite as screenreader friendly as PunBB? Ive not tested MyBB in ages however

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively