2019-07-11 19:01:02

It would be cool if some monsters could create some eggs that you could use who know as a further enhancement in the fusion, or to breed a new monster.

Paul

2019-07-11 19:19:25

Well ok, I don't wish to argue, I have only started playing the game less than 2 days ago, so you sure know better...but then I am must be doing something terribly wrong, since my current monster, (a pure breed cat of course), is already a bit over a year old, and has only managed to get to average round 160 skills, and advance to group d in colosseum and contest, those are the 2 competitions she, and also myself am the best at.

Considering she has only a bit less than 4 years to live, I probably won't achieve some very great end-result and success, the AI concurrency is getting tougher, those in group D have already somewhat higher stats than my monster in average, some of them even more significantly higher ones.

This is why I thought we should be granted a bit more time...but again, I am an almost total beginner, you more experienced players sure know better, if you estimate 6-8 years for monster's maximum lifetime, then it must be a more realistic suggestion than mine.

2019-07-11 19:43:31

Yup suggestion 2 and 3 already exist. Just keep playing

2019-07-11 20:23:25 (edited by Caccio72 2019-07-11 20:33:40)

Ok, I also have a question to Mr Morokuma, or whoever of you guys can answer it:

I read the changes/modifications made in this newest, 1.19 version of the game.

In order for these changes/modifications to be applied, must I restart the game, aka start a new game, or are they also automatically applied when I continue a saved game of mine?

2019-07-11 20:45:10

as far as I could tell from previous upgrades, the changes apply automatically and you don't have to start over.

2019-07-12 00:12:30 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2019-07-12 00:15:35)

In a recent update, my save had to be repaired to be compatible but that didn't cause any problems. I imagine if any really big changes took place, that would happen again.

Also, I did a colosseum match with my Catty-Rian, and she learned bark for some reason, but it sounds like her grumpy yowl instead. And yeah, I think Gau is a doglike creature.

2019-07-12 01:36:07

To 702 try this strategy in training your monster.
For the first 12 months of your monster, just consentrate in training your monster and nothing else. By this time, your monster should have over 350 stats from health to toughness. then on the second year, of its life, start joining competition and of course continue training your monster until that megaproton and other items that will increase the stats that you gain in training your monster becomes available in the shop.
So your pattern should be train join competition train, train, use aroma candy that will remove the fatigue of your monster train trai until you get notification that your monster is tired, rest your monster, repeat the process again and at 3 years and 6 months of your monster, it should have over over 650 to over 700 stats from health to toughness.
With this stats, you can already beat those monsters in the s class competition.
now, since your monster has a lifespan only up to 5 years, revive another monster to train while your first monster is in hibernation mode while waiting for the competition because a situation may arise wherein your first monster had participated for the s class on tournament but then you have to wait another 3 or 6 months for the marathon s class to arrive, then the s class for the flagg may happen 9 months later and the contest s class will be held 10 or 12 months later.
So you really need a second monster to play with while your first monster is waiting for the day of the competition in hibernation mode.

2019-07-12 03:32:24

Thanks for the advice, this is mostly how I am currently doing it, and also have 2 reserve monsters in hybernation, (both created with fusion), so yes, when the stats of the current one will be high enough to win the competitions in a row, I will indeed change to, and train those other ones, while waiting for an appropriate arena even for the 1st one.

And also thanks for the reply regarding my new version related question.
It's nice to know I won't have to restart the game, from the very scratches, each time a new version is released.

2019-07-12 04:17:48

Hi again guys!
regarding of the year extention for monster.
Yes I agree 6 or 7 years old it was good start for newbied player to start to gain more experience of the game feel already.
So if they wanna have more extention age They have to find some technique to search or to fight to get some item that can increase the life of the monster.
And yes 14 or 15 years it was too much.
Best!
Bee!

No! Please don't get me wrong!
The wrong could be right! The right could be wrong.

2019-07-12 09:06:04 (edited by Caccio72 2019-07-12 09:50:30)

Errr...guys...please forgive my ignorance, but I read the whole 1st page of this thread, and couldn't find the link where to download the newest version of the game.

All I could find is a link to its website, which is in japanese, and my browser fails to translate it to english, or any other language.

Last time I somehow still managed to update the game directly, after running it, but my antivirus obviously deleted its executable file, so I have to download it again, the newest version if possible, which is not that zip file in the description, that is an earlier one, which I downloaded back when I started playing the game, but a newer version, 1.19 was published since then...

Edit:
Ignore this post please, that zip file in the description seems to be the most recent version after all.

2019-07-12 10:03:10

Just for Morokuma because I know he's occasionally reading this:

I don't think there is a need for longer monster lifespans. Just keep it as it is, the training balance feels pretty solid to me.
People asking for longer lifespans basically want a completely different game, not suggesting problems with the current build.

2019-07-12 14:31:00

I disagree too with the idea of longer timelife, the currently balance is not bad at all, i think. Maybe some special features owned only by a specy and not by an other ? Because the personnality mecanic is really cool, but limited since two different monsters of same race have same qualities/flaws.

2019-07-12 15:02:56

I do wish we could have genders for our monsters and breeder, but yeah, the game as a whole is pretty balanced at this point.

2019-07-12 17:14:28

I'd like to have a little more time with a monster to potentially get it to max stats, is my thing. That's why I'm saying like 6-8 years. After all,  you still need to start with decent stats, play your training properly, not fail at too many competitions and ultimately use training items judiciously. I have had a monster with 999 in one stat, maybe two, but that's it, and that was...a really close shave. I'd like it to be just a little easier to get that to happen. Not way easier, but a little. This is why I think 10-15 years is way too much, but 6-8 might not be bad. And heck, I'd be okay with it if only certain monsters (the legendaries?) had this. Gives more incentive to use them, as I'll probably never use the monorail one again at this point.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-12 17:49:37

@714:

I think thats besides the point of the game though. There is no incentive to have a monster with max stats. One with ~830ish can totally complete the endgame. And that you hit 999 in one or even two stats prooves that the livespan isn't to short. 999 should be considered as the absolute cap, not the goal.
I am myself an optimizer and would love to have a fully maxed out monster. But I don't think its necessary to be achieveable in the current game build. If you would make it easier you would make the whole game easier and I think it is already almost to easy.
And I even think a fully maxed monster could even be possible. I had one with ~900ish with one at 999 and it hadn't even used golden water or any herbs. This could be a challenge for us to tackle with the current balance.

2019-07-12 19:52:32

When it comes to the colosseum battles, I agree with you.
But contests? Not so much. This is why I don't do contests anymore. I've had like 100+ in all stats and lost a king cup contest, multiple times (tried reloading, doing different things). Ditto marathons. I can usually win flag races with around 850 stats no matter who I'm playing against, and the same holds true for combat...but not so much the other two. To me, at least, that doesn't speak well of balance.
That said, I take your point, too. 999 in all stats isn't flat necessary for everything, and those temporary stat increasers might be a good way to give yourself an edge in a contest or marathon.

I maintain what I said about legendaries, mind you.

Also, has anyone ever seen a monster with s-class stats yet? Because I haven't, and I was kind of expecting I would.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-12 22:15:49

i have completed my monster dictionary, there is no exist, if i havent missed anything

2019-07-12 22:56:30

@717
Hi omer, so when you go on your breeder card in your house it says 100% for the book completion rate? I'm curious if we know of all monsters there are around...

@716:
I feel like winning the king cup should be the hardest thing in the game and thus actually hard to ackomplish. So if you're not able to win them without extensive help (e.g. those temporary stat boosters) I'm totally fine with that. So I wouldn't call that ill balanced. But I get your point and balance is a difficult issue. It all comes down to opinions there.

Your idea giving legendaries a longer life resonates with me on some level. Ciara and bear are op enough as they are though.
What I'd actually accept as a fun implementation would be a final age where you can't get anymore stat improvements but still get stuff done. That would help alot with exploring. I never explore more than once with my monsters and don't do it at all with most of them. It takes way to much of their life away.
This way you still wouldn't have to op monsters but on the other hand could enjoy their company a little longer...

2019-07-12 23:04:13

If no extention to the life of a monster, maybe, increase in the amount of stats that you gain in training maybe good then?

2019-07-12 23:34:49 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2019-07-12 23:35:27)

I like the stat increases as they are, especially during growth and peak periods, when you use the training equipment and jack  up your stats real fast. But upthread, someone said if you want your monster to live for a long time, you have to use only the top six training methods. There's also food that increases stats that you can use, and competitions jack up things pretty well when you are high enough in rank.

2019-07-13 07:35:10

Hi guys!
As our know our goal it was to reach the mark's or king cup.
But how could we reach it if our monsters live in a very short time?
The fact that before reach the king our monsters almost die or our stats are not enough for us to win in the king cup
If we wnna improve our stats our monster will be
become old and we will get warning.
So, how could we fight then?
Best!

No! Please don't get me wrong!
The wrong could be right! The right could be wrong.

2019-07-13 07:45:27

as a small suggestion I think it hasn't imprement yet
morokuma could you add option to clear save data in any slot as we want
some of you may think it isn't necessary
but when I and other did another playthrough after we done it we would like to clear this slot up

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2019-07-13 07:46:58 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2019-07-13 07:48:08)

To everyone asking for longer lifespans in order to beat the really high-ranked competitions: How many times have you combined monsters? Or are you expecting a monster you revived from a file to achieve this? I'm trying to understand. I was under the impression you had to train and combine several generations of monsters to get to the top ranks and cups. I completed A-rank with at least one of my monsters but I fully expect the really tough matches to require a very tough monster resulting from several generations of trained and combined monsters.

2019-07-13 12:38:38

I've said this game is essentially "monster Rancher" and you weren't able to get through the game with a generation 1 monster, no matter how hard you tried, even if that generation one was one of the special monsters. The point is to establish a bloodline of sorts through continued building and combining of monsters, not to win with a monster you just happened to pick up somewhere.

2019-07-13 13:29:34

@723 and 724:

Thats exactly the point. The game isn't to difficult when you breed. So I think you shouldn't change anything on it to make it easier. So I really don't get the point for lifespan-increase either. Unless you just want to have more time to play around with your monster a bit more. So I would at most propose a final stage where you can play your monster but can't train it anymore. But even that is slightly besides the point I guess...

@722:
You can manage your save data as files. Look under .../Breed Memorial/Gamedata/Userdata. There you find files called save1.dat or the like. If you delete them you clear the slot coresponding to their number.