2019-07-10 18:40:39

first number plus second number. And, set your voice engine to sapi: press alt, then h, then enter and select sapi 5.1

2019-07-10 21:28:04

thanks.

2019-07-10 21:56:28

Hmm,

I am level 8 and
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
I am trying to do the collection quest followup for the ranger in the pavillion. It says to kill tree essences, which I am assuming are the tree spirits in the forest to the south of the first town, but when I kill those, the number of kills doesn't go up.
Is this a bug or have I misunderstood something?

Zersiax

2019-07-10 22:03:13

maybe you have some conflicting quest. It seems the fortune teller has a quest to kill the tree spirits. Didn't you take it?

2019-07-10 23:18:10

could anyone put the link back to download? the first link in post 1 is no longer working. also place on some server that does not delete the file

2019-07-11 15:45:32

ok, here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gJOiZ … l_14j9bqme

2019-07-11 17:04:21

deathtime wrote:

ok, here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gJOiZ … l_14j9bqme

thanks

2019-07-11 17:14:28

hi
maybe who can recording this game?
thanks

2019-07-12 00:08:33

I'm still having trouble installing. Every time I run the full package it says error

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-07-12 14:56:40

134, have you tryed to install the game using local emulator?

2019-07-12 20:06:40

@135 No, haven't tried that as yet, I tried to install the game the same way I would install any other program, running it from the C: Windows folder.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-07-13 13:49:12

Try running it from your regular user folder, and make sure the folder it is in doesn't have chinese characters in it.

2019-07-13 15:19:41

Hi,

I am a little stuck. I am level 12 -- also screw that quest to get to level 10 with a rusty fork -- and now I have to do the quest concerning the mountain.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
I talked to the woman in the house to get the quest and went around the mountain but I can't seem to progress. WHat I found:
- Going all the way up the mountain gets you up to the cloud platform where you can reach the Millenium Wolf, which seems to be level 50 so I doubt thats where I need to go. On the second floor, there is what I think is some kind of instance area, but I can't access it unless I'm in a team? Did I read that right? I can't solo that part?
- There's a mining area as well and when I mine, I sometimes see "original stone x1", but I never actually see those stones show up in my inventory. I can't use the strenghthen option in the equipment item menu either so not sure what is happening there.
- Going the other way and downwards towards the "pirates' pretty much just get you one-shotted.
- Going left across the sacrificial platform ran me into a dead end as well although I can't quite remember what it was now.

Where do I go to find this woman's daughter? xd

Zersiax

2019-07-13 16:17:32

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

She's on the second floor, on the grass platform.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-07-13 20:15:45

alright ... managed to install the game, but ran into two other problems when I try to run it.
[Window Title]
C:\乱世修仙\WorldClient.exe

[Content]
C:\乱世修仙\WorldClient.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

[OK]

ANd when I try running it with Locale Emulator I get another error that basically says locale emulator couldnt run the program. TUrning off my antivirus didn't help. SHould I uninstall and try to reinstall?

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-07-14 08:16:31

I guess this game isn't for my computer right now ...

side by side configuration is incorrect. I get this error wherever I tried to install; Since I'm truly stumped by this one, I'll leave it alone unless the developer is interesting in giving something more compatible with non-Chinese systems.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-07-14 15:00:20

Install the VC++ redists from the game folder.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-07-14 18:05:41

you should also install a latest version of directx..Btw thanks for the translation plugin for nvda, I have thought that ricky is an addon which translates all text which nvda is speaking.It is sad, that this developer isnt interested in translating this game to english, but with this small addon is really playable

2019-07-14 18:46:55

to install them all? Or just the ones for 2015-2019?

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-07-14 21:29:46

Okay .... finally managed to start the game-- just need to figure out how to register an account. I pressed alt and h and found the voice setting and switched to SAPI 5.1, but don't see an okay button or anything like that. I do see a button labelled forbidden. no idea what that is. Also found the login screen, but not sure if the last button is where you create an account.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-07-15 00:47:08

You will want to run the game with Locale Emulator and you really, really need to figure out a way to get translations. If you did, you would've easily figured out that that first window has a menubar of sorts , alt+h opens one menu of that menubar and just alt opens another.
In that first menu, that comes up when you just press alt, there's a login option and right below it is a register option.
The translate addon here seems to work best right now:
https://github.com/yplassiard/nvda-translate

2019-07-15 00:47:53

Sorry for double-posting but I seem to have gotten myself stuck again.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Can someone tell me where to find fire spirits? I know the stone demons on the mountain drop earth ones but can't find the fire ones :-)

Florian

2019-07-15 04:46:17

I did manage to figure it out eventually ... my internet is acting up and the translator acts up along with it.

Can someone give a guide to the tutorial? I'm getting through it but part of it has me a bit lost. in this part the guide mentions the wild cats and dogs outside the village. Am I just supposed to kill them or should I be doing something else?

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-07-15 05:38:34

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

@147, search in the volcano (east part of the map)

2019-07-15 18:55:58

Stuck. Truly this time.
SPOILERS:

Trying to complete the branch quest threat of the wolf. It says conversations completed, but still I haven't gotten the branch task of collecting wolf bones. What should I do? I already have wolf bones.

Guy Gavriel Kay