2019-06-30 16:28:49

ah so how can i send out multiple forces? i didn't know you could do that.

2019-06-30 16:46:04

you can't as of now, Wastelander was just saying an idea they were playing with.

You sort of can though by hiring mercenaries as they can attack on command outside of end of turn combat.

Also Wastelander, not sure if this is supposed to happen but a lot of times after I get rid of the demon worshipping camp or the totems, they come back after a while, is that supposed to happen?

also, once I went far into the south and found that the nomads were evil. How does that happen and what does it mean when they are dark nomads?

2019-07-01 01:51:39

Thanks for explaining it for me bookrage, and yep if the horde is still going they should be repairing I think.

As for the Dark nomads it's something the demon overlord can do, the nomads will kill stray demons and be a nuissance to them but the demon overlord is far more powerful than Koova and will always eventually turn them into demonic thralls

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2019-07-01 10:27:35

wish we could help the nomads with some way

2019-07-01 15:05:15

Hey guys so this is an update just working through some of the leftovers of my current warsim to do list before I move on to some promised update work that's going to take a bit longer, lots of different stuff as well as some cool things to see!

**MODDERS TOOLBOX IMPROVED**

I promised I'd develop the modders toolbox a while ago but haven't added anything to it in quite a while, well now you can add animals to the game and the monster mod part system allows for easier part editing, thanks to 71 for bringing my attention to this!

* Added animal creator to modders toolbox
* Updated title of modders toolbox screen
* Added new ability to learn more about monster mod system in the mod menu
* Reworked Monster part maker in modders toolbox (now better guidelines, better previews, reworked screen layouts)

**MINOR NEW FEATURES**

A few little tweaks and things here!

* Added indicator of change from throwing peasants into the lava pit (credit omer)
* Added faction ranking screen to kingdom reports screen
* Added three new graphics for training grounds/barracks/grand barracks (one for each)
* Made normal throne room encounters occur more often than celebration related encounter during celebration

**RACE SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS**

I wasn't planning on touching the race system again for a while but I had a new influx of ideas poured in and so while actioning them I added some new features to pre-existing races as well as my own new prefixes, now you can have space races that will blast off to space at some point and leave the game world. Also thanks to /u/administrativetreat7 there are now millions more races!

* In total including u/AdministrativeTreat7's suggestions below, this update adds 3'538'106 new races to the game
* Added new titles for races with the prefix 'space' (stellar captain and sub captain)
* Added new special event for space races
* Made weeping races have cry before battle ability
* Added new head type to blind races
* Added new head type to longneck races
* Reworked race effect system to allow much easier modification to race faces in the future
* Added new race prefix 'Longhead' (+2 battlescore, longer heads)
* Added new race prefix 'Many-Eyed' (+7 Battlescore, usually has two sets of eyes)

**u/AdministrativeTreat7's RACE SUGGESTIONS**

Thanks to u/AdministrativeTreat7's suggestions we have a total of
2'950'350 new races in the game thanks to this suggestion!

* 2.9 Million new possible races thanks to u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Albino' (white skin and -5 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Little' (smaller faces, -3 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Short' (smaller faces, -2 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Mutated' (deformed face, -6 battlescore, half population, -1 civilisation level)
* Added new race prefix 'Evil' (+6 battlescore, is automatically aligned evil)
* Added new race prefix 'Ascended' (max civilisation level, x2 battlescore, automatically aligned good)
* Added new race prefix 'Rock' (+8 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Common'
* Added new race prefix 'Hulking' (+10 battlescore, bigger heads)

**NEW SOUNDS**

Added some new sounds including dynamic arena sounds, a new intro sound effect and the chance that trumpet players fail and mess up!

* Added new sound effect 'Trumpet fail'
* Added chance that trumpet played fails
* Added new screen for long may you reign
* Added new sound effect for long may you reign (recorded by me big_smile)
* Added new horn sound for arena challenges against other kingdoms
* Added 4 new dynamic gate opening sound effects for arena

**MONSTER IMPROVEMENTS**

Some great ideas on expanding the monster system, now you can train trainers and feed your monsters for a chance of bonus strength, also 1000s of new possible monster combinations!

* Added ability to train your monster trainer (credit KenshiraTheTrinity @audiogames.net)
* Added feeding any green monster a goblin instantly guarentees +1 strength   
* Added ability to feed monsters your goblins/slaves/peasants (only works if strength of beast is below the max of 20)
* Added Chryssalid creature parts submitted by 71 on steam (1596 new possible monster combos)
* Added sideteeth head part
* Added large horns top head part
* Added thin spikes top head part
* Added chicken body top head part
* Added sharptoe body part
* Added dogbody body part

**BUGFIXES**

Lots of bugfixes here including some that have been on my list for quite some time, the most annoying two bugs were grand champions getting killed in a tournment and then not appearing in the hall of fame, after losing a favourite champion of mine in a game to this it got personal, also independent lords not having faces relevant to the race, so eyeless vampires in your throne room, and their leader would be eyeless but the lords would just be regular vampires... not anymore!

* Fixed option tags in specific monster generator (credit 71)
* Fixed ditch race description
* Fixed league of darkness and league of good kingdom status not changing when discovering new lands
* Fixed broken face part
* Fixed text colour of intro text in barracks/training grounds/etc
* Fixed issue with helmets being visible beyond ascii filter (credit Bookrage)
* Fixed rehabilitation law not removing the bandits it converted (credit 71)
* Fixed bubbling lava sound not stopping (with music disabled) (credit u/Bookrage)
* Fixed independent lords faces not having characteristics of their races (ie deformed/childlike/eyeless/etc)
* Fixed Arena grand champions defeated in tournaments don't get put in the hall of fame
* Fixed tournament mislabeling fighters that kill grand champion as grand champion
* Fixed southern and western explorer encounters saying they were eastern (credit bookrage)
* Fixed champion battle with independent champion skipping a screen
* Fixed grand champion defeated against foreign champ still exists with no name (credit u/timedonutheart)

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

A couple of other changes of varying significance!

* Added coin sound and coin loss screen to garalds city tours
* Changed colour of credits screen
* Updated title of warsim music library extras screen
* Updated hire staff and champions screen to manage staff and champions (credit u/LurkMorePlease)
* Added 4 new arena champion death descriptions
* Reworked arena entry descriptions
* Added 6 new ent names

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2019-07-01 15:34:02 (edited by defender 2019-07-01 15:34:50)

Nice new races!  I really like these ones that do special things beyond just battle score changes.

I've been playing today and I'm trying to slog my way through as many of the small text errors as possible.  I'm guessing I have about 50 so far, and I know some are slipping through the cracks for sure, but hopefully it will help.

2019-07-01 19:09:17

i must ask, why would you have space faring races in a medieval fantacy style game? i'm just asking you understand.

2019-07-01 19:11:07 (edited by zakc93 2019-07-01 19:14:19)

I'm also curious how to find the ice lord. I found the fortress, but it was empty. Also, how do you keep your golden road from being stolen? It stopped happening to me at some point, but not sure what was responsible. And another thing, at some point after taking control of a bunch of things in the north it said that the near north belonged to me. Is there any way to do this with other areas? I've also taken what I can in the other three directions, which is only a fort in the south, but I don't seem to get that for them. Oh and I'm assuming there's no way to take over the artifact market?

2019-07-01 22:57:19 (edited by UltimateBlade 2019-07-01 22:58:09)

If you are attacking another kingdom, you can send your army compose of different races though right? just hire mercinaries on your hall to include them in your army. In a way, that is considered sending multiple forces if you are attacking another kingdom.

2019-07-01 23:47:00

In regards to the space-faring races in a fantasy game, it is far from unheard of.

In Dungeons and Dragons, (the grandfather of them all) there are a number of space-faring races that show up in medieval and early-modern style cultures. Some gnomes are spacefaring as are some elves. There are some super-intelligent space-faring orcs called "The scro" (stupid name yes but still makes my point)

There are also space-faring dinosaurs people called Sauriels that show up in multiple settings, hippo-people who are gun-toting mercenaries called "the giff" Gith pirates that attack space-farers, weird spider-leeches called Neogi who are inter-planetary slavers, and even mind flayers sometimes travel through space, so it is far from unheard of that there are space races in Medieval settings. Even the "Dungeon of the Mad Mage" adventure released just last November had Orogs (basically super-orcs) from space deep In the dungeon who were equipped with space helmets and also sci-fi tech web grenades.

I have a couple more ideas for the race prefix system.

1. Metal
2. Wealthy: get gold quickly.
3. fertile: increase rapidly in population
4. Cosmopolitan: the race has each of its members from its troop tree from a different race.
5. Crusading: good race that attacks any evil culture without mercy or pause.
6. Masacistic: relationship increases with any group that defeats it in battle, relationship decreases over time if they aren't attacked every now and then.
7. Darkbringer: always evil, attack good cultures without mercy or pause.
7. challenging: The group always attacks the strongest opponents they can find.
8. Opportunistic: The country always attacks the weakest opponents they can find.
9. honorless: evil: tends to break alliances and treaties without warning.
10. Magiphobic: always attacks wizard kingdoms if present.
11. natural: can terriform and take barren lands with ease.
12. Snobbish: goes easy on very civilized kingdoms
13. barbaric: attacks the most civilized opponents it can.
14. winged.
15. finned
16. scaled
17. armored
18. shelled
19. toxic (chance to kill unit that killed one of them in combat)
19. healing: can bring back allies who are killed if they remain standing long enough in battle.
20. determined: all units must be killed twice but have half the battle rating the second time.
21. Desperate: the fewer units they have in combat compared to their opponents, the stronger they are.
22. liquid
23. hollow
24. hunters: tend to attack animal races.
25.Inertial: very slow to gain troops, nd gold when they start the game, but it rapidly increases as time goes on. Essentially they grow very slowly eary on and then it becomes an exponential thing later on.

26. Lightnigng.
27. stormy: (same as lightning)
28. electrical (same as lightning and stormy)
29. thundering (same as lightning and etc.
30. clawed
31. fanged
32. headless.

2019-07-02 07:26:15

Awesome suggestions Bookrage!

2019-07-02 11:15:18

@Defender, glad you like them, I aim for as many differences between races as possible so no playthrough feels identical, we are lucky to be at the point now where it's esentially infinitely random and that no player will ever see a race that another player will see!

As for the text bugs, send them my way when you're ready and I'll get to work on them, thanks! smile

@Darren, just as an extra weird fantasy thing, you're in a fantasy world and there are some strange creature who came from the stars and are stronger than you.

@Zakc, Should find the ice lord in a tower in the far north, and nope currently on the near north is completely conquerable! smile

@UltimateBlade, yep you can send any indepednent troops you have

@Bookrage, a great haul of ideas as always, I think some I already have but I'll note them all down and next time I'm adding prefixes I'll look through them smile Thanks for sharing this

2019-07-02 21:58:48

Wastelander, a few more ideas, first, some ideas for new undead races, and then some others.

1. claws: these are basically animated severed hands. Their tiers could either be hand, glove, gauntlet or something like Hand, Claw, Giant fist.

Basically think "thing" from the Adams Family.

There could also bee feet and heads.

And for an idea of horribly warped undead, you could have "Wretched" "mangled" "eviscerated" or some other word to describe really mangled undead creatures.

Some other concepts in terms of prefixes (since they come before the race proper, I consider them prefixes here.)

Elitist: has high proportion of upper-tier units.
Working: has nothing but very large numbers of tier one units, with either no upper tier or very few.
Egalitarian: all the units in the group are exactly the same (as in one could have nothing but tier 2 units)
Enthralling: adds tier one units to their ranks when they kill your peasants or tier ones of other ranks.
enslaving: same as enthralling.
hypnotic: same as previous 2.
youthful: Race is all children.
snobbish: gets bonus to relationship if you have several tier 3 units (above a certain threshold or hard number)
iconoclast: friendly if you have a lot of peasants compared to other units, hostile if you have too many tier 3s.
diplomatic: provides passive relationship growth between you and all other kingdoms as long as they are active, perhaps lowers all relationships if they are unfriendly over time. If alliances get put in, they can  do the same among other groups.

A few human independent "races" I know you think that was a mistake but I think when I find the nations of wizards and such, that that is really cool.

1. Samurai
2. Ninjas
3. farmers
4. biomancers
5. electromancers
6. Metalurgists
7. Metal magi
8. warpriests
9. shaman
10. animamancers
11. beast-keepers
12. Wild Men
13. Amazons
14. Blackguards
15. Musicians
16. Bards
17. Jesters.
18. Arachnomancers
19. Poison darters.
20. Toxic seers.
21. Mycomancers.
22. ruin warriors
23. Ruin Magi
24. doombringers.
25. Ravagers
26. Vikings
27. Jaguar warriors.
28. mechanics
29. monks
30.  Flesh Grafters
31. Astromancers
32. Spelunkers
33.  craftsmen
34. poets
35. paladins
36 crusaders
37. undertakers
38. masons
39. witch hunters
40. demon hunters
41. madmen
42. lunatics
43. Fae Speakers
44. Warscreamer
45. artist
46. death-worshipper
47. Hippie (just for fun)
48. mystic
49. meditator
50. Martial artist
51. War-worshipper
52. (just a wide variety of worshippers to fill a void sort of like the vast number of animal races)
53. Nethermancers (they use darkness more directly than undead magic)
54. Fireminds (and other elemental minds as well)
55. mentalists
56. Cossacks
57. sailors
58 mariners
59. explorers
60. gravediggers
61. organ collectors
62. academics
63. scholar
64. sages
65. gurus
66. fanatics
67. enthusiasts
68. church-militants
69. half-(element) (humans with elemental blood of some kind that can be multiple races)
70. visionaries.
71. Diviners
72. White magicians
73. pilgrims
74. outcasts
75. beggars
76. pariahs
77. exiles
78.  mamluhks.
79. pirates
80.  buccaneers

those are all the new types of humans I can think of, if they don't work out as races, you could create more mercenaries wieth them at the very least.

and a couple more prefixes I came up with while putting that list together.

1. lonely: the race tries desperately to form good relations with at least one neighbor, you can vassalize them and ally with them very easily with very low scores, they also demand little or nothing to make peace, and might even give you thank you presents for doing those things rather than requiring anything of you.
2. Loathesome: These races are punching bags for other factions and tend to traw hate from computer opponents. You also gain popularity and bonuses for attacking them.

2019-07-04 01:12:51

a couple more race ideas (mnsters rather than types of humans this time)

Mounds/heaps/meaties/fleshies: a type of undead that is essentially made of all the soft bits of corpses without bones or cartilage, essentially piles of animate meat.
Bloodboils: animate pools of blood
Algaens/algaefolk: a type of creature that resembles, or actually is algae.
Deadwoods: undead trees.
Seraphs: a type of angel
Succubae: a type of demon-like creature
incubate: another creature similar to succubae but male.
nephalim: dark angels
Azraelans: death angels.
Balsarats: sort of evil seraphs
Malekim: crusading war angels.
Lilends: similar to succubae but sometimes depicted as somewhat reptilai.
Naga: snake monsters from Indian mythology
thunderbirds: massive creatures from some plains American Indian mythology
Scarecrows: animate scarecrow monsters.
Junkets: discarded toys and other junk, now possessed.
Kami: spirits from Japanese mythology.
Cherubim: another type of angel, in original myth, they are actually hulking elephant things with wings with really weird colors in their true form.
Abominations: warped lovecraftian-like monsters.
atrocities: same
Anathemas: same
Blasphemies: same
voidfolk: basically living black holes or empty voids.
starspawn: creatures of radiant starlight, could be lovecraftian like in D&D or more benign and cute.
Coralions: coral people.
living spells: spells that have achieved sentience and exist permanently and independently of any caster.
Jarred: brains in vats atop golem-like bodies, technically a sort of undead.
Puppeteers: similar to the creatures from Heinlein's "the puppet masters" and the race are squid-like creatures that latch onto and control a host.
wandering eyes: floating eyes that may or may not possess others that are wandering spirits of a sort.
husks: undead who have had all of their insides scooped out and the skin on the outside and bones are all that is left.
Rhinaurs: similar to centaurs but rhinos.
Dryads: you might have them but I haven't seen them.
Shrublings: little shrub monsters
Burrowgrass: basically like upside-down burrowing octopi where the blades of grass are like tendrils sticking out of the ground.
Stranglers: a sort of intelligent vine race.
Carnifers: carnivorous trees, but more akin to pines and firs rather than oaks or other more common plant monsters.
Kelpies: aquatic plant monsters (actually drawn from Scottish myth)
nightblooms: a more sinister sort of flowering plant monster
Bramblers: thorn-covered plant creatures.
Moldmen: self-explanatory.
sleepers: a sort of hypnotic-like race that is sort of in a perpetual state of sleep-walking, might work better as a prefix.
Sludges: creatures made of either sludge or haphazardly-combined alchemical stuff that have achieved sentience.
airies: creatures that are literally sentient clouds of gas.
Eyrenes: also called furies in mythology, a race of cruel warrior women who are vindictive spirits that come out of the underworld to be instruments of vengeance.
Furies: see Eyrenes.
Garudas: strange bird-like monsters from Indian mythology.
KItsune: Fox-like female spirits from Japanese mythology.
Klurochauns: slightly more sinister version of Leprechauns from British folklore.
Klabautermann: ship-dwelling spirits, a type of kobold in German myth that lives on boats.
Nirken: Sort of a fiddle-playing male version of sirens from Norse mythology.
Lorelei: sort of the German answer to the sirens.
Sirens: women with haunting voices that lure ships to their demise.
Boogles: mischievous house spirits, but known to have some sinister behaviors.
Bogurts: similar to Boogles, but more interested in causing havoc and more directly malevolent, Boogles tend to be annoying but intentionally hurtful.
brownies: small house spirits, generally friendly, resemble very small people with enormous heads.

Also, D&D and a number of other major RPGs in the fantasy genre have dinosaurs and other real-world extinct animals in their worlds. I suggest that it might be cool to extend the animal races to include a few extinct animals as well. This should not go into too many, as we want mostly modern animals, so either the number of dinosaurs and ancient mammals and birds should be small, they should be preset to load only on very rare instances, or both. However, I think it would be cool to fight Pterodactylfolk or were-tyrannosauruses or evolved terror birds.

2019-07-05 13:11:12

Great ideas bookrage, I've noted everything down, the new update coming in a moment already has some of your old suggestions!

2019-07-05 13:11:37

Wasn't planning on releasing this as an update but I discovered a game breaking bug with the race generation system and had to release this to ensure it doesn't mess up anyones game, luckily what I'd already worked on prior to the fix is enough for a nice little update!

**MAJOR FEATURES**

Now before a normal random races game, you can choose an additional choice of going like normal and taking what you're given or give yourself the option to review and reject the random races in your world and try for another random set, this allows lots of players to get a true feel for the randomness of the game and to get a game start more suited to them while still being random as hell.

Also in the extras menu generators screen there is now something called 'Advanced Race Generator' which allows you to spawn a big list of however many races you want.

* Added new menu for selecting races before a normal game
* Added new system for kingdom names to include weird proc genned name systems
* Added new graphical end of turn screen for any assassinations ordered by the player
* Added new extras generators race generator page where you can generate as many races as you choose (select a number)       

**ANOTHER RACE EXPANSION**

The last few days I've been working through lists of suggestions and ideas for new prefixes for the race system as well as tweaking and adding new abilities to them, this coupled with the new 'taur' system mentioned below has resulted in an additional 10'079'211 races in Warsim. (Was 59'361'042 before, now 69'440'253). Many of these new races will have unique effects such as 3 sets of eyes, fixed leader personalities, longer heads and so on.

**Race prefixes**

* Added new race prefix 'Four-Eyed' (+5 battlescore, 2 sets of eyes)
* Added new race prefix 'Azure' (+1 battlescore, blue skin)
* Added new race prefix 'Fertile' (triple population level) credit Bookrage from audiogames.net
* Added new race prefix 'Metal' (silver skin, +11 battlescore) credit Bookrage from audiogames.net
* Added new race prefix 'Legendary' (10x battlescore, 2x population, +4 civilisation level) credit /u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Mercantile' (always a mercantile leader, +1 civilisation level)
* Added new race prefix 'Underground' (+2 battlescore) credit /u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Barbaric' (+9 battlescore, -2 civ level) credit Bookrage from audiogames.net
* Added new race prefix 'Cliff' (+1 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Cove' (+3 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Lagoon'
* Added new race prefix 'Plateu' (+5 battlescore, -1 population level)
* Added new race prefix 'Tall' (+3 battlescore, longer heads) credit u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Brown' (brown skin)
* Added new race prefix 'Dirty' (-2 battlescore, brown skin)
* Added new race prefix 'Garden' (3x lower battlescore, 2x smaller population) credit /u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Happy' (+5 population level, leaders always friendly)
* Added new race prefix 'Strange' (+2 battlescore, leaders are always strange)

**New beast races**

* Added New Race 'Chimpanzee Folk'
* Added New Race 'Chimpanzeemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Half-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Chimpanzeelings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Chimpanzeedom'
* Added New Race 'Toucan Folk'
* Added New Race 'Toucanmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Half-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Toucanlings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Toucandom'
* Added New Race 'Panther Folk'
* Added New Race 'Panthermen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Half-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Pantherlings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Pantherdom'
* Added New Race 'Squirrel Folk'
* Added New Race 'Squirrelmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Half-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Squirrellings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Squirreldom'
* Added new animal 'Toucan' to the game
* Added new animal 'Chimpanzee' to the game
* Added new animal 'Panther' to the game
* Added new animal 'Squirrel' to the game

**Prefix tweaks**

* Modified 'Many-Eyed' race prefix to give 3 sets of eyes instead of 2
* Added +2 battlescore bonus to 'Edge' prefix
* Made races using hollow/dark/blood-/abyssal/evil/corrupt prefix always have hostile leaders
* Made races using ascended prefix always have neutral personality leaders
* Added +1 battlescore bonus to 'Big-eared' prefix (big ears should assist you a little)
* Made Mud races have brown skin colour (credit u/Nighteye424)

**GOODBYE CENTAARS**

This update contains another huge improvement to the race generator and its randomness, thanks to
a suggeston by u/Nighteye424, the idea was to have half-horse half-(everything) races instead of
just centaurs (half-horse half-man) or our special race of centaars (half-horse half-elf) centaars
were added long ago and well before the randomness of this race generator had picked up but now
they are no longer needed so they have been removed.

In their place however is a system that can generate tons of potential races including stuff like
Goblintaurs, Orctaurs, Elvetaurs, Trowtaurs, Trolltaurs, Cthuultaurs. Each of these races is it's
primary counterpart and half-horse giving them a battle bonus and a new name and description.

Now the races you find in the game can be even more random, though it's still rare to see a 'taur'
type race in game!

* Removed Centaars from the game
* Added new 'taurs' affix that can be added to all non-beast default races (except Men, Folk, Centaurs, Minotaurs, Minotaars, Satyr, Faun) as cool as it would be to see some Mentaurs...

**MINOR FEATURES**

Now King Gurnak has a face, All throne room executions look a little better, and freeing slaves screen has been improved with a new unique graphic!

* Added graphic for king gurnak diplomacy
* Made all executed characters faces turn blood-red during/after execution
* Added new graphic for freeing slaves screen in kingdom options

**BUGFIXES**

* Fixed bug with 4 animals in the race generator
* Fixed making new helmet through general screen kicks you from general screen when done
* Fixed debug and new lands kingdoms still keeping last lands lords and nobles
* Fixed three-headed and two-headed races making everyone two or three headed bug
* Fixed the crowning ceremony text colour bug
* Fixed edge prefix description bug
* Fixed 'colourful' prefix not working
* Fixed losing explore chances when you explore a region you've discovered everything
* Fixed erak screen diplomacy layout
* Fixed totem around it around it text bug (credit u/Telejimes)
* Fixed foreign king encounter text layout
* Fixed text wrap of demon totem text
* Fixed no indication of no peasants for sacrifice demon totem screen

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

* Added new dynamic text for prison labour yard (credit u/LurkMorePlease)
* Added new text for freeing slaves screen in kingdom options
* Added colour to text of default faction's diplomacy screens
* Rewrote crowning ceremony text
* Added new screens for giving knight to foreign king

2019-07-05 15:28:01 (edited by defender 2019-07-05 15:33:08)

Cool! I like that your making obviously evil/good races have better suited leaders!  Now if we could get obviously evil races to stop banning slavery and such so much...  I know it makes things a little more interesting but it really doesn't make allot of sense if they believe in hate and suffering.  Or at least give them better reasons like, they think having slaves degrades their armies/workforce, or they'd rather not waste perfectly good food/sacrifices, or their just too much of a pain in the ass with their revolts and cost over time, or they want their people working hard and not relying on others like weaklings ETC.
For not having an arena, you could always have them say they think it's stupid to waste good fighters, or it's too expensive, or they'd rather their people be putting their energy into worshipping the king/harvesting more instead of entertainment, or that they hate the weakness of gambling ETC.

And I haven't forgotten about my list of text errors and suggestions/bugs by the way, just been taking a break.

2019-07-05 20:05:21

in D&D even in lawful evil groups, which are the definitive versions of tyrants and slave-holders, you have races in that branch that don't believe in it. Either that they were slaves, or the many reasons listed above. Also, remember, even evil has standards and with some evil races, there still might be lines that they don't cross.

I don't quite get leader types though. I get it changes the flavor of a lot of what they say, but not sure what the term "hostile" means as I need to know for future interactions. I have a dark harpy kingdom vassalized  and if me upgrading is going to make the leader "hostile" what does that mean for my relationship. I'm friends with several good kingdoms as well and haven't implemented a lot of evil policies and don't keep slaves myself. So just wondering what that means when I change things and the Northwestern Dark Harpy leader changes, if they aren't hostile already. They might be but can't tell as the kingdom is xenophobic, though they did become my vassals.

also another prefix for races.

Agricultural: fast population growth, fast gold growth. +1 civilization level, higher percentage of tier 1 units, somewhat weaker than normal.

2019-07-05 20:53:48

i'd love to see an emperial order type kingdom in the game. like in sword of truth? very powerful very much an attacking kingdom.

2019-07-05 22:41:04 (edited by defender 2019-07-05 22:42:20)

That's tru Bookrage, at many points in history some of the biggest empires, either fo religious or social reasons, banned slavery and bloodsport but still committed atrocities, lied to their people, normalized  wage slavery for their citizens, treated women and certain races like crap ETC, hell we still do that.
Still, having more reasons for banning things would be cool.

And Darren the last line of your post sounded exactly like Trump in my head LOL.

2019-07-10 18:14:24

@defender, good ideas, all noted down

@Bookrage, the leaders personality mostly dictates how they interact with you in diplomacy, a mercantile leader will use every opportunity to squeeze gold out of you, a hostile leader will be hard to win over and will have a higher threshhold of relation increase needed before you can do good things, hostile leaders also react badly to trade ending or beating their champion in the arena. Strange leaders do things different, Stupid leaders are easily manipulated and so on.

@Darren, good idea, I'm hoping when combat gets ironed out we can have much more militarily effective groups

@Defender, I agree, more variation as to why things are or aren't banned is always a welcome one, noted!

2019-07-10 18:16:18

**WARSIM GENDER CHOICE UPDATE**

Hey guys, so I'm going to start this update with something I've needed to add for quite some time but just haven't gotten round to, when I first made this game it wasn't meant to be for anyone else, it was just a little test project to play around, because of that I never bothered adding options for how to be referred to, but I realised recently after watching a stream by a female streamer that it can be a little bit immersion breaking for those who want to imagine themselves in those roles being referred to as a King and a Lord, I've now added a system to allow the player to be male or female, but also to set their own titles of referal for anything non-binary or your own wacky titles, more freedom of playstyle is never a bad thing, sorry to anyone who has been waiting a while for this!

* Added new female name generator for choosing random names before game
* Added ability to play as a queen (or custom title) instead of always a king
* Added new graphic for choosing difficulty as a queen
* All references to Mister in game are now dynamic (Mister, Misses, CUSTOM)
* All references to m'lord in game are now dynamic (M'lord, M'lady, CUSTOM)
* All references to lord in game are now dynamic (Lord, Lady, CUSTOM)

P.S. I've tried to replace every single reference to the player being male, but there may be some I've missed so if someone plays as female and spots any I've missed please message me and I will update them to be dynamic! Thanks

**NEW MINOR FEATURES**

Two minor features I couldn't put anywhere else, now you can see the breakdown of unit battlescore in the troop report screen thanks to /u/nolat and there is dynamic text for the mercenary screen now that hopefully clears it up for some who don't click into the mercenary groups under the premise they'll have to pay to do it.

* Added new dynamic battlescore breakdown in troop report (for all troops including independent randomly generated ones) (credit u/Nolat)
* Added new dynamic intro text for mercenary screen

**MONSTER TRAINER UPDATE IMPROVEMENTS**

Nothing major but I've added additional variation for the monster hunting expedition, now it's more random and some groups dynamic text will give them a higher chance of success.

* Added 3 new additional possible dialogues for sending troops on monster capture expedition
* Added some dialogues will result in higher success rates from capturing a monster with no casualties

**CLIMBING ASCENDED**

Was playing recently and had to do the climb up Saaroth and thought the system and
it's presentation were a little lackluster, now there are full sound effects and
new screens making the climbing more of an event!

* Added new screen for mount saaroth climb
* Added sound effects to mount saaroth climb
* Added new troop loss/discover indicators for saaroth climb
* Added new screen for canyon climb
* Added sound effects to canyon climb
* Added new troop loss/discover indicators for canyon climb
* Added new sound effect laugh fall for saaroth climb

**THE LIBRARY IMPROVED**

The Aslona library wasn't up to scratch, now the books are all better laid out and have sound effects!

* Rewrote aslona library description text
* Fixed Aslona library introtext colour bug
* Fixed Aslona library colour bug on each shelf
* Added pageturn sound effect to all books in Aslona Library
* Fixed some grammar issues with Aslona library books
* Fixed layout of all library books in Aslona Library

**EXPLORATION AND ENCOUNTER CHANGES**

A few new changes including an additional random event that can occur while you're exploring!

* Added helmet to lost knight in exploration encounter
* Added new exploration encounter 'random bag of gold' between 40 and 340 gold
* Added new intro text to wagon mans post if you have trade route
* Added new screen for attempting to destroying stone of denland

**ANIMAL FIGHT PIT IMPROVED**

I was informed animal fight pit bets weren't working by /u/nighteye424 and after fixing this bug I decided to update the fight pit a little bit and make it better.

* Added new screen for winning gold in animal fight pit
* Fixed animal fight pit betting not working (credit u/Nighteye424)
* Reworked animal fight pit bet screen to show your gold and the max bettable gold
* Added new screens if you don't have enough gold to bet or the animal pit has too little gold

**NEW FACES**

Messing around with some face parts, now there are trillions more orcs and a quadrillion and a half more humans yikes

* Added 1'589'130'356'814'000 new possible human faces (1.5 quadrillion)
* Added 7'227'364'320'000 new possible orc faces (7 trillion)

**KNIGHTLY HALL**

The knightly hall still has some work due but now it's a little less scrapy and has more dynamic text and dialogues.

* Added random dialogues for leader of knightly order greeting you
* Added new dynamic intro text to knightly order hall
* Added new screen for leader of knightly order being chosen
* Fixed knightly order hall text colour bug
* Reworked layout of main knightly order screen

**NEW EXTREME CHALLENGE MODE**

I thought of this as a joke and then decided to put it in regardless, if you have a court jester you can pay 100 gold for this but be warned... it won't be easy to play with, every move you make, every step you take, a big royal band will play for you.

* Added ability to pay 100 gold to your court bard to have a trumpet group follow you around and play for every action you make (warning: guarenteed to be unplayable with the sound on for more than 10 minutes)

**SAVE GAME SCREEN**

The save game screen has had a bit of a facelift and a new little graphic!

* Added new graphic to save game screens
* Fixed save game screens spacing and text colour

**TROOP BUYING/SELLING SCREEN REWORKED**

This is one of my favourite parts of the game as it takes a very commonly used location in the game and makes it far more advanced and better presented, which is about time to be honest, now you will have additional screens for hiring troops as well as a dynamic graphic for hiring troops in 1's 2's 3's and 4's.

* Added new notification of gold and troop loss for buying and selling troops
* Added special graphic for hiring goblins (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added special graphic for hiring peasants (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added special graphic for hiring knights (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added special graphic for hiring soldiers and bandits (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added hired troops graphic uses Aslona symbol (whatever you've set it to or 'A' by default)
* Added indicator of how many troops available in hire screen
* Added screen instead of small text for trying to hire more troops than there are available
* Added new screens and text for converting recruiters to knights and knights to recruiters
* Added dynamic text for hiring single units from the hire screen

**RIHMM POLISHED**

After watching /u/telejimes most recently playthrough I saw a few things I could improve in Rihhm and decided to get to it, now the village has been improved greatly including special dynamic graphics and screens and sounds for the snail racing minigame.

* Added sound effects to snail racing and snail racing bet gold
* Added new incdicator text for gold gained or lost in snail racing
* Fixed rihhm background sound not always playing
* Rewrote some of elder atiks dialogues
* Added new indicators for trade and tribute requests in rihhm
* Added 4 new dialogues/questions to elder atik in rihhm
* Fixed Nephoro tale text bug (credit u/Telejimes)
* Added new graphic for snail racing
* Added new graphic for snail racing circuit event
* Added new dynamic snail race victory screen
* Added new graphic to rihhm recruitment
* Fixed text bug in rihhm intro text
* Fixed text colour and spacing of rihhm recruitment screen
* Fixed rihhm tribute and trade main text layout
* Fixed elder atik of rihhm grammar issues

**BLACKMARKET STALLS IMPROVED**

I was passing through the blackmarket stalls in a recently playthrough and decided to give the area a full facelift with tons of new sound effects and graphics.

* Added pageturn sound effects to book rental stall books
* Added better layout to book rental stall books
* Added graphic for bluetrii fruit stall
* Fixed sell from stall text bug in bluetrii
* Updated bluetrii stall selling and buying text
* Added new screens and graphics for buying and selling bluetrii fruit in stall
* Added sound effects to buying and selling bluetrii fruit in stall
* Added 2 dialogues to bluetrii fruit seller
* Added new screen and graphic for buying skull key in market stall
* Added sound effects to buying key in market stall
* Added new sound effect for buying musicians elixir
* Added new graphic and screen for buying musicians elixir
* Fixed grammar bug with elixir stall
* Added new screen and sound effect to buying chaos orb in market stall
* Added if cheats are disabled in your game then cheats stall in blackmarket will be closed

**NEW RACE PREFIX ADDITIONS**

No massive changes to the race prefix system, but a new single prefix 'Loremaster' which grants the race that has it a higher level of civilisation and a new structure with a dynamic graphic! (With this there are 338'082 new possible races)

* Add new race prefix 'Loremaster' (+2 civ level, +1 Battlescore, Race has large library visitable building)
* Added dynamic grand library of Loremaster race with 5 different possible graphics depending on land holdings of the faction (50+, 25+, 10+, 5+, less than 5)

**NEW BEAST TYPE RACES**

I cleared through a backlog of creatures I meant to add to the game, these new beast race combinations have added another 2'568'690 possible in-game races, knocking the game from 69.4 million to 72 million

* Added New Race 'Mongoose Folk'
* Added New Race 'Mongoosemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Half-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Mongooselings'
* Added New Race 'Gaur Folk'
* Added New Race 'Gaurmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Gaurlings'
* Added New Race 'Grouse Folk'
* Added New Race 'Grousemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Half-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Grouselings'
* Added New Race 'Louse Folk'
* Added New Race 'Lousemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Louses'
* Added New Race 'Half-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Louses'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Louselings'
* Added New Race 'Sealion Folk'
* Added New Race 'Sealionmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Half-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Sealionlings'
* Added New Race 'Wallaby Folk'
* Added New Race 'Wallabymen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Half-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Wallabylings'
* Added New Race 'Mallard Folk'
* Added New Race 'Mallardmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Half-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Mallardlings'
* Added New Race 'Shrew Folk'
* Added New Race 'Shrewmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Half-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Shrewlings'
* Added New Race 'Crane Folk'
* Added New Race 'Cranemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Half-Cranes'   
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Cranelings'
* Added New Race 'Oyster Folk'
* Added New Race 'Oystermen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Half-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Oysterlings'

**NEW BEAST TYPE KINGDOMS**

As you may or may not know, any beast race may also have a kingdom type relative to their race instead of just generic 'kingdom' or 'empire' beware the Immortal Mongoosedom, or the Mighty Shrewdom of the eastern isle!

* Added new kingdom type 'Mongoosedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Gaurdom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Grousedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Lousedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Sealiondom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Wallabydom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Mallarddom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Shrewdom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Cranedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Oysterdom'

**NEW ANIMALS**

The new animals that have been added and have caused all the fuss above! These can appear in animal fights and as group names like 'The Golden Gaur Bandits' or 'The Purple Oyster Gang'!

* Added new creature 'Mongoose'
* Added new creature 'Gaur'
* Added new creature 'Grouse'
* Added new creature 'Louse'
* Added new creature 'Sealion'
* Added new creature 'Wallaby'
* Added new creature 'Mallard'
* Added new creature 'Shrew'
* Added new creature 'Crane'
* Added new creature 'Oyster'

**REACTIONS EXPANSION**

Nothing major again but another few additional reactions in game!

* Added 'Consider it done lord' reaction to knight quest
* Added 'No problem king' reaction to knight quest
* Added 'Shall be done lord' reaction to knight quest
* Added 'bless your heart' reaction to thanks

**JOKES ON YOU**

A new influx of mostly level one jokes that can be found in game now, higher level jokes can only be said by jesters with high enough skill.

* Added new level one sad elf joke
* Added new level one injured goblin joke
* Added new level one elf school joke
* Added new level two sad elf joke
* Added new level one vampire goblin joke
* Added new level one ghost street joke
* Added new level one goblin party joke
* Added new level one average ogre joke
* Added new level one demons and ghouls joke
* Added new level one witches nametags joke
* Added new level three two dragons in a tavern joke
* Added new level two fat demon joke

**NEW NAMES**

I decided to add a bunch of new names to the race names system to make sure things weren't getting stale.

* Added 191 new dwarf names
* Added 10 new abominations names
* Added 6 new blogroki names
* Added 5 new mushroom man names
* Added 10 new goblin names
* Added 7 new gnome names
* Added 6 new underling names

**BUGFIXES**

Lots of bugfixes!

* Fixed grammar and layout of all independent building descriptions
* Fixed to strong text bug in stone of denland
* Fixed demon end of turn nomad battle reports showing 0 men dead (no just says no men)
* Fixed attack cancelled mercenary screen sound effect cuts of music
* Fixed void army text layout and colour in diplomacy screen
* Fixed text colour of wagon man exploration encounter
* Fixed text colour of masterless peasants exploration encounter
* Fixed text colour of lost knight exploration encounter
* Fixed Satyrs being mistakenly given taurs suffix in generator
* Fixed Centaars not actually removed from game
* Fixed blackmarket gallows grammar issue
* Fixed knight desertion text end of turn report not appearing
* Fixed expense gold for knight wage unpaid not correct
* Fixed knight wage not including recruiters (now it will mention if recruiters paid too) (credit Defender)
* Fixed bandit hire screen random blank line bug
* Fixed text wrap bug in unit recruitment screens
* Fixed text colour and layout in unit recruitment screes
* Fixed the some of text bug in hire screen
* Fixed layout of unit selling screens
* Fixed no exit from unit selling screens

**NEW EXTRAS GOODIES**

Now if you go to the extras folder in your warsim install you will find the code for Centaars if you want to add them back into the game!

* Added Centaars code to warsim extras (can copy paste in to get Centaars back if you want them)

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

Lots of loose and misc stuff!

* Reworked layout and colour of foreign merc hall
* Reworked bandit prisoner hire screen layout
* Updated text and layout of cease hostilities screen
* Reworked layout of troop report a little
* Fixed layout of Baiaa black tower maze library books
* Added page turn sounds to books in black tower maze
* Added 5 new miner dialogues
* Added new screen and sound effects to buying chaos orb from ship in dockrow
* Nerfed ants animal battlescore from 20 to 6
* Added 4 new suffixes for blackmarket pickpocket gang leaders
* Added 10 new faction name parts (mostly for bandits)
* Reduced filesize of arena horn sound effect
* Added 12 new flag parts

And that's the update, let me know what you guys think!

2019-07-10 18:44:52

Cool! Getting it now.

2019-07-10 20:47:20

I'm going to get it too, but wondering about one of your beast race name choices.

Louse is only the singular form of "lice" so was wondering if things like "evolved lice" might be more appropriate.

Also, one little request if it hasn't been taken care of, because I failed to notice it last time I played.

When I go to hire troops, I can't see how many troops I have at the time without jumping into a particular  branch of the hiring screen. I like to have a birds'eye view of this to make better choices more easily.

Also two questions.

1. what is the purpose of having recruiters?
2. what use can I put assassins to? I know I can get them to assassinate a leader. I just want to know what purpose that would serve.

2019-07-10 21:39:17

@KenshiraTheTrinity, hope you enjoy it! smile

@Bookrage, Yeah haven't sorted out plural versions of certain beast races, I'll note it down. In the hire troop screen it should tell you how many of that unit you have yourself no?

Recruiters recruit troops for you each turn, the more the merrier. Assassins currently assassinate enemy leaders which can have various effects, some kingdoms sacrifice their units upon leaders death, or maybe their leader is a dick, you can sort them out.