2019-07-08 16:00:09

Hi guys. Here’s a little rant from me. So, tomorrow is the day that school starts. I have been on holiday for just over a month. I am really not looking forward to tomorrow. I have to wake up at 5 am in the morning and I am at boarding school. That is not bad in itself, but that means I have to be away from home for three days  which also isn’t bad. I am going to have a hard time getting back into the routine. Have you guys got any advice? I just have a feeling of dread. It’s just a matter of time before I have to start working.  Also, they don’t take it easy for the first few days. They mostly just start as if it was a normal week. If only you guys understood how I was feeling.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-07-08 16:13:48

I'd just try to do the same thing they do and treat it as if it's just a normal day. Just try and imagine you haven't been out of school for the past month and come in like you normally would. Btw, it sucks you're already starting school already. Do you like, not have summer hollidays over there or something?

2019-07-08 16:26:20

South Africa doesn’t have a holiday that is longer than one month. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to have a three month holiday. That’s the thing, it’s going to be really hhard to act as if I haven’t been out of school. I will always have this empty feeling inside of me.  I will probably be very out of it tomorrow. I also have a very empty feeling of sadness.

2019-07-08 17:48:58

Ouch.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but my thoughts are with you and all I can say is best of luck. I wish there was more I could say, I'm sorry.

2019-07-08 18:08:02

Do you know why you hate it so much? It would help to know the underlying reasons. And out of curiosity, what school do you go to?

2019-07-08 18:38:18

IMO boarding school is bullshit. Kids should be with their families and not obliged to stay somewhere with a bunch of other people they don't know. You do that in college when you're an adult and know at least a little bit how to take care of yourself, but I've always hated the idea of boarding schools. Then your life revolves around fucking school. Get up, go to class, have lunch, more classes, homework, and you're in a dorm. If you get to even go out, you have to be in at a set time. I mean, you would at home too, but home's r relaxing environment. I just don't see the point in these types of places. Then you go home for holidays etc. So your parents miss out on months of your life at a time.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-08 18:47:06

Hi everyone. Thanks for the support.   I am in a boarding school for one week at a time. They treat us well and look after us very nicely. We always have enough to eat, we always have enough clothes and the teachers don’t play favorites. I can agree with you that boarding school isn’t exactly the best, but I could be in a far worse situation. If  I was given the option, I would probably choose to stay at home not because the boarding school is bad, but because it would just be easier. Oh yes! Did I mention that we have three study sessions after we come back from school? We have one from 5:30 to around 6:20 pm, we have one from 6:30 pm to around 7:30 pm, and then we have one from 8 pm to around 9 pm.  Sigh.

2019-07-08 18:58:44

If you can, focus on the things that keep you distracted from your emotions if possible. Listen to music, watch Netflix, surf the web, read a book, etc.
I like to call what you're feeling "The Sunday Night Syndrome." That feeling of having to go back to a routine you know will be hard to adjust to is awful, and I don't think there is a good, full-proof solution to subsiding it, unfortunately...
I also find human interaction helps me a lot. Going to dinner, grabbing coffee, or just plain old hanging out with a friend gets my mind away from thinking about starting my week.
I do hope you don't have as hard a time transitioning back, and my thoughts are with you.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-07-08 19:04:57

Thanks, your advice is really appreciated.

2019-07-08 19:06:21

Wow, in Canada we have a 2 month summer break

Pics or it didn’t happen

2019-07-08 19:37:47

I think it’s safe to say that the longest holiday South Africa has ever seen was the December holidays of 2010 during the World Cup. Apparently that was two months long. I feel like asking the president if he could please allow us to have won three month holiday.

2019-07-08 20:52:37

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say that I’m all packed and ready for tomorrow. I am feeling quite numb at the moment, but I suspect that won’t be for too much longer. Just wait until 3 am tomorrow morning. I don’t know what I’m going to do then. My holiday started the day breed memorial came out.

2019-07-08 21:17:20

In my case, I stay home all the time cause my school is like 20 minutes from my house.
But I have class mates who are from other places, so they go like you, in dorms and stuff.
What they do when the year starts is say fuck you for another week or 2, take their wanted break just cause they feel bad going back so fast and noone tells them anything.
I don't actualy advise you to do that, but if you feel really bad, go for it, noone should be able to trow you out for missing out 3 or 5 days.
And I completely agree with post 6, children should spend the time at home with their family, not staying with people that they don't really know.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-07-08 21:44:23 (edited by RTT entertainment 2019-07-08 21:45:32)

That’s the thing. I can’t stay away from school. Staying away from school for too long is actually illegal in this country. Your parents could go to prison. I would do it, but I highly doubt they would be very happy with me. They would probably call and ask me why I am missing school.  Thanks for the advice though. Edit, let me just clarify. Staying away from school for too long without a reason is illegal. If you have a valid reason then that’s a different story.

2019-07-08 21:58:59

@6 while that could definitely be true for some people, I'd be fucked if I hadn't gone to boarding school. NCW, though shit in a lot of ways, certainly provided me with a better education than I was getting in mainstream.

2019-07-08 22:05:46

I agree. Boarding school is where I found most of my independence.  I seriously wish I didn’t have to go though. We get treated fair. Unlike some other places I know. What do you guys advise me to do when I will wake up in the morning? When I am feeling empty?  I’m talking about two hours before I’m actually supposed to get up.

2019-07-08 22:09:42

If you don't want to go, flat out refuse. Are your parents going to carry you to the car?

2019-07-08 22:11:25

@16, the worst thing to do is to try and sleep. Don't. It won't work, and you'll probably feel worse by trying to do so. Wake up, take a walk, relieve yourself as much as you can. One common thing folks (including me) fall victim to is locking themselves in their rooms and lying on their beds. Your bed is for sleeping, that's it. Don't go to it and hang around init. Half of my problem when I dealt with my own issues was that I would wallow in my misery in my bed, which made healthy sleep almost impossible.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-07-08 22:15:43

I just tried asking my grandmother if I could stay an extra day. Guess what? Surprise surprise, she said no. I’m also not that type of person to do such a thing. Maybe I will be sick tomorrow. Let’s hope. Okay maybe I’m going to far. LOL.  Let me just make one thing clear though. I do not hate school. I just don’t feel like this period of adjustment.

2019-07-08 22:37:06

You don't have to give her a choice about it lol, if you don't want to go just flat out refuse.

2019-07-09 04:58:32

Ok. First, I had a visceral reaction to the mention of your study hours. I'm about 99% sure I know which school you speak of, since I knew someone who went there, and faced a similar situation. I think it's absolute fucking bullshit to lock students into these routines. You went to school for 8 hours, don't fucking tell them how to spend their "leisure time", which I'm putting in quotes because I agree that boarding school environments are stifling and pretty much scar you for life. I had a relatively lax iteration of such a place myself, but it was still awful. We weren't even allowed to sit outside if we wanted to, never mind be allowed to go somewhere, unless, of course, it was approved about 8 weeks in advance. I'm exaggerating slightly, but it also depended on how well-liked you were. To this day, 10 years later, I still find myself wondering whether I should be allowed to do something like, for example, go visit a friend if I want to, although family issues exacerbate that. Speaking of which, I can at least say that being away for the 4 years I went to a school for the blind disconnected me from the constant turbulence and drama they brought to the table, which caused resentment among certain members of my family, but ultimately, it's allowed me to see a lot of the shit they do through a detached view, and I'm honestly glad that I'm not as emotionally invested as I could be. Of course, not being emotionally invested has its downsides, too, but enough of that. I do honestly believe that boarding schools encourage independence, but at a cost. It teaches you that you're alone in the world, you have to get your needs met through yourself and no one else, and when you're an adolescent, a lot of people turn to the most unhealthy behaviors they can find to cope with that void. You have this obsession with fending for yourself to such a degree that letting anyone else in becomes damn near impossible.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-07-09 05:17:50

Hi TurtlePower. I highly doubt that you have the school name correct as the study sessions were only implemented late last year. Do you think you could please send me a private message with the name? Also, it is now time for me to get up. I’m feeling quite optimistic, but I don’t know how long that will last. I’m especially not looking forward to this afternoon. Maybe, the rule has changed. That would be awesome. Again, I don’t hate school. It’s just this period of adjustment.

2019-07-09 06:21:37

@1 that's the feeling I always had every Friday night. Saturday is the beginning of the week, and Friday nights were the saddest since I was supposed to go to school in the morning. Well, my school wasn't something that  I'd look forward to, especially  for the first six years. Then I just got out of the school for the blind and began studying among other kids, and everything was better a little.

:)

2019-07-09 06:28:09 (edited by RTT entertainment 2019-07-09 06:59:48)

Just hold on. Did you say your school started on Saturday? I’ve never heard of that before. Anyway, where on the way to school now. edit, where about 20 minutes away. I’m getting really nervous.

2019-07-09 07:08:38

@RTTEntertainment, I've sent you a PM

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.