2019-07-08 00:34:09 (edited by CheekyMonkey 2019-07-08 22:37:39)

For those who are familiar with Erion, I'd like to announce the launch of a new low level area called Crow's Bay. Plans are also in the work for several new zones in the near future, and staff are working hard to roll out tantalizing content for new and experienced players alike.

For those who are not familiar with Erion, it is a rather large, immersive mud with 17,982 rooms and still growing. There are lots of features, and staff are open to new ideas. Whether you're interested in hack'n'slash, exploration, questing, word games, or any of a number of other activities, Erion has it. Loot Scrabble tiles from corpses and turn in mud related words for great rewards, pick up chocolate, vanilla, and golden bunnies off the ground for various rewards, participate in word games like Guess the Phrase and Scramble, enchant equipment or enhance it with runes, participate in missions (area specific quests), quests, expeditions (like quests but with multiple targets), global quests (like Expeditions, but in competition with other players and with greater rewards), test your metal in the Monster Colosseum for awesome prizes, test it even further by playing in hardcore mode, and all that is the tip of the iceberg.

If any of these features sounds interesting to you, feel free to come pay us a visit, and don't forget to check out the shiny new area, Crow's Bay.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I will be happy to answer.

Host: erionmud.com
Port: 1234

Piriani

Edit: The port was mistyped on original posting, but has been corrected. I apologise for the confusion.

2019-07-08 00:39:24

Was there a mush client already configured and ready to use for this mud? Like what they have done in mm. There is already a ready to use mush client for it.

2019-07-08 05:11:22

Nope, Erion is a pure text mud, but its a rather fun one, its got a lot of random hack n slash but enough extra to keep matters interesting, EG random loot, scrabble tyles guess the word games, a monster coliseum to fight in, Hogwarts like houses to join global contests that are actually possible to win etc.

Also, some great adaptations to make it more screen reader friendly, for more see Erion's db page

My only problem personally was that levelling was a we bit slow, but when I last went on the game had had a huge redesign, so huge in fact I was having trouble picking things up from where I was, though I probably ought to look things over especially since hopefully we'll see new missions etc soon.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-08 08:51:33

Oh! I didn't play this game for ages! I wonder if good old game friends are still there.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-07-08 18:54:49

the connect info isn't working for me?

2019-07-08 22:41:08

Dark, as far as slower levelling, there are several items to help enhance xp, especially from some of the lower level missions. There's also a character that will buff you up with holy symbol to help get Xp too, and hardcore mode also awards more XP, so there are definitely ways to do it.

Hope all of you guys like the game. I corrected the host and port info in the earlier post, but just in case, here it is again.

Host: erionmud.com
Port: 1234

2019-07-08 23:52:11

Hi, is it still possible to create an archer, enable the hc mode, enter the level 100 area and shoot the enemies from far away?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-07-09 12:13:15

I'm confused on how to get equipment i did the newbie thing i think? well i found the thing that iw was supposed to look for and the exit but didn't go to any of the other rooms. lol. so did i do something wrong? also isn't there a mushclient already made for this with maps and crap so you can do quests? easier?