2019-07-05 00:23:08

I thought this would be a good place to actually let people vote on their preferred site/app on which we could discuss obtaining movies and TV shows with audio description. We can then create such a group after enough people have voted that we can see a clear leader.

2019-07-05 16:18:14

Hi,

Thank you, LoquaciousGamer for setting this up, I have my eye on this pole, and I will factor in the votes here as one of the major factors when it comes to deciding and setting up channels of communication for the audiovault.
As long as you are here to vote anyway, I would suggest taking a look at my post in this topic
So far, its discord and subreddit ahead by quite a few number of votes.
The audiovault has always been a community effort, including most people on this forum, So if there are people who wish to setup different channels to talk about audiodescribed content (ours need not be the only one), I certainly don't mind, and would pitch in, in any capacity I can or am able.

Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-07-05 20:05:34

I'd still like a way for people with web browsers to check on vault updates, as I don't currently have Discord.

2019-07-06 04:54:40

I wish there will be whatsapp group for it.

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2019-07-06 05:08:02

That's easily done by visiting the vault and seeing what's listed at the top.

Movies and shows are devided up into tables, and if you want to go thurther back you can search by date.

With that said, sometimes that may not always be accurate because when we edit a label or re-upload something it gets bumped back up to the top of the list.

2019-07-06 07:30:28

@3 you can go to discord canary online. discord canary is the most accessible version of discord.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-07-06 10:32:04

Well as grryfindore Said, There can be multiple groups on multiple platforms, I made a Skype group for anyone who’s interested
https://join.skype.com/SiZftVm1ZKkb

2019-07-06 21:43:37

I'm wondering something.
What would have happened if I saw the bmmv topic, but did it like this:
1. Saw flacker's post.
2. create a topic, like he's actually now done, about finding alternate platforms for vault discussion.
3. Go back to the bmmv thread, and do a post saying he's correct, the bmmv thread is going to be closed soon, that I've seen his request, and link to that new topic.
4. Let the two run in paralelle for a while.
5. Once discussion got going in the other topic (say post 25 or so), close the bmmv thread, with one caviat: I, once again, link to the other discussion topic to allow, well, the continued discussion.
How would you have reacted to the handling of the situation this way?

2019-07-06 22:05:50

It would’ve been better actually

2019-07-07 03:48:08

hi,
@8 that situation would be handled better with your explaination.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-07-07 05:22:56

That would have been much better! Obviously people would have still been unhappy, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have resulted in the most extreme of the backlash that happened. It was just a bit of a shock suddenly seeing the topic closed, especially since like others I had been avoiding the site feedback room, and only went back to it to try and understand what happened after I saw the closed topic.

2019-07-07 13:56:11

@Aaron that would have been absolutely fine.

2019-07-07 18:02:37

Exactly, and this is the thing. I think everything's happened too suddenly. But I also think that our point is still standing. If you look at Flackers's topic, Jayde, himself, has said yes to allowing us to find an alternate place. Check my post and then check Jayde's.

2019-07-07 23:44:40

Fun fact: I actually like this.
I think it's a little light-handed (I mean, it's basically the same freaking option, you're still getting to talk about where to set things up this way), it just looks different.

If the thing had been closed, and you'd waited days to hear anything back, then yeah, it's bad.
But within less than an hour, a new thread came up, and I, for my part, was right in there saying that discussing where else to go was something we supported.
So at worst, I'd say an hour or so of surprise and shock and uncertainty should have been followed by what you got in the end. "Okay, so it's finally happened. Now what do we do?".

So I guess what I'm saying is that this is a good idea going forward. Necessary? I don't know. But good. So it is something we will bear in mind in the future.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-09 14:19:45

Would you consider allowing links to the 'place to discuss content,' rather than the content itself?

2019-07-23 13:40:18

duplicate posting here, just in case.
Hi guys,
I have just pushed out a news section on The Vault
I looked at the pole someone else posted in regards to where people'd like audiodescribed content discussion etc, and came to the conclusion that Discord and a online web based forum is something that we can do.
The Discord server is
here
And the forum is still a work in progress. If it doesn't work out for any reason, I'll set up a googlegroup's mailinglist/ forum right away.
  I know many also wanted a subreddit, however that is something I am not familiar with and I couldn't even create a private subreddit due to reddit's policies/  guidelines.
However if someone would be willing to create one, I wouldn't mind hopping on there and participating
Cheers!
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter