2019-07-04 23:27:09 (edited by Quin 2019-07-04 23:27:27)

Hi all.
So i have a question for moderators or admins.
Me and one of my friends are learning programming, and we were considering starting to develop audio games together, and making a company of sorts to provide these games.
We were also considering making an account for this company on the forum. But i'm not sure if this would be breaking the rule about multipal accounts. Would it?
Thanks in advance,

2019-07-05 00:44:35

Hi,
That's an interesting question, although if it's any consolations Audio Wizards is an account from MyTrueSound who is promoting their game, and they said so in their post in the restricted section. I ended up unrestricting it, as at the moment we haven't really come up with anything official regarding developer accounts.

2019-07-05 01:21:26

This is something we haven't come across much, so here's my deliberation process.

On the one hand, keeping one account per person is just way simpler. No multiple-account fiascos, no difficulty in figuring out who's who, no need for a ton of accounts for people who change their name or partner up with all kinds of folks in a two-month period and call themselves by four different names or whatever.
On the other hand, I can see why you might want a sort of "company account", at base, to make official announcements about your products. It feels more official, and perhaps this could tie into the New Releases area, if we ever get around to redesigning it into a more announcement-based format, as opposed to the sort of free-for-all it is right now.

Leaning toward the first option at this time, but that doesn't mean that's the final answer, and that doesn't mean it's forever either. For just at the moment, I'm going to tentatively say that if it ain't broke, we maybe don't need to fix it. We've had it this way for a decade and a half, and nothing has really exploded regarding company accounts and identity and the like, so there's a large part of me that just doesn't want to mess with a relatively stable thing.
That said, we'll toss it around, see if anyone on the team has something concrete and maybe better than what we've got right now, and we'll pop back in here with more thoughts/questions/ideas.

How does that sound?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-05 18:13:52

Sounds good, thanks jayde and aaron.

2019-07-06 15:26:28

A good reason for developer accounts would be if you have a PR person or you are working as part of a team, so you will have more than one person who has the account info and can represent the company/group. This would mean you have a personal account which has nothing to do with the development side, and a company account, which is strictly for announcing things, releasing games, answering questions about them, etc.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-08 17:37:01

aaron wrote:

Hi,
That's an interesting question, although if it's any consolations Audio Wizards is an account from MyTrueSound who is promoting their game, and they said so in their post in the restricted section. I ended up unrestricting it, as at the moment we haven't really come up with anything official regarding developer accounts.

Hi. I actually just noted this.
myTrueSound account is for the company, and the one used by David Oliva.
AudioWizards account is to promote the game, but it is also run by different people, actually the people behind the game.
So opinions and answers to a certain topic by the two accounts may differ.

Hopefully that is ok.
Regards

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference