2019-06-27 19:39:01

Ugg screw it, I'll get it when it's out for pc to see if I like the concept.
What I saw is that ss5 xtreme or what ever its called is available on steam for 10 bucks, would that one be a good starting point or is it one of the not so good titles of the series?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-27 20:47:36

There's no SS game called extreme... lol. I think you mean SS5 Special? Yes, it's a fairly decent starting point, just remember that the new one has less mechanics than SS5 special.

@Gilly B, cool. Thanks for pointing that out! Good for people who are debating whether to buy the game. I thought it was only for purchasers because that's what it initially sounded like when they first made the anouncement a  few months back.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-06-27 21:27:10

Hi.

Heh yeah, I guess special was the word I am looking for, hard to keep in mind if every games throes a special, xtreme extreme or another superlative verb at you.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-27 23:02:31

Just a heads up that the older games are not in stereo, although still playable once you know the systems. I've always felt like if a game has stereo it's more like a bonus, as there are ways to enjoy non-stereo games as well (just look at all the older mk fighting games from back in the day).

2019-06-27 23:16:07

Holy Shizuka! She's boss... litterally. Bosses like that are far too rare in fighting games.. I haven't seen a boss with this much variation in them since Kazuya from Tekken 7. That first round is deceptively easy.

2019-06-27 23:47:43

I love the new boss, she's very epic. and also @Assault thank you for writing down the name! I still didn't know the new name until now.

2019-06-28 02:33:19

Still trying to figure out how to beat her.

2019-07-03 01:24:27

Anyone beat Gauntlet mode yet? It's a lot easier than it sounds!

Also Aaron, any news from your contact on eventhubs who was willing to write a guide for us?

2019-07-05 17:59:52

Little details about the game I've come to appreciate after spending time with it.

As always noticable in Japanese sound design, footsteps are a tad more exaggerated in this game than in others like Mortal Kombat. But I find this helps a great deal with spacing and footsies, because it's fairly easy to hear the characters moving especially while wearing a decent headset, due to the footstep sounds themselves, but also to the minimalistic music which makes up much of the game. I also love that weapons actually make a sound when they land upon someone being disarmed, so it's possible for you to either pick your own sword up if you get disarmed, or sit on your oponent's weapon. The sound is quite quiet, so you won't always be ble to hear it, but if you learn to pick it out it'll be of immense help while playing!

2019-07-05 20:03:11

Hi,
Can you please give me some tips regarding being disarmed and how to find the weapon, because if it's in the center isn't that quite a big space?

2019-07-05 21:28:37 (edited by assault_freak 2019-07-05 21:56:45)

Not sure exactly what you want in terms of tips.. there really aren't any I can give other than the sound clue I mentioned. It can get buried sometimes, but generally is pretty easy to hear. You also don't have to be ontop of it to pick it up, just close to it. As to a big space, I have no idea. I don't know how big stages are because I don't have descriptions for any of them. But that really isn't relevant... just do your best to listen  where the weapon falls and you should be able to pick it up. Try practicing this in training mode if you can get it set to have your opponent disarm you repeatedly with whatever technique you like.

One more tip.. if you miss that cue, use your kicks and sweeps to keep your opponent away so you can attempt to locate your weapon. Press light slash whenever you can as long as you think you're close to your weapon, and you should eventually find it.

2019-07-07 21:15:31

Finally picked this up!  Just had time to finish the tutorial and play through Story mode with Haomaru. Loving the feel of the fighting.  The high risk high reward , strategic gameplay feels great.  Makes the game intense, even when fighting  the AI.

I’ve heard lots of bad things about how the game plays online in the Samurai Shodown subreddit.  A false positive disconnect bug in Ranked mode , lag,  archaic setup for casual rooms  that leads to people being stuck without even being able to spectate...

Hopefully that stuff doesn’t affect me as much or it’s people just bitching?

I don’t see myself playing in casual rooms much. Probably mostly playing ranked .  That false positive disconnect bug sounds kind of bad though. Hopefully they patch that soon.

Still the game is quite beautiful and I’m totally glad I picked it up. Look forward to spending much time with it .  If anybody wants to throwdown, feel free to add me on PSN.

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2019-07-07 22:51:20

Will definitely be picking this up.  looks really unique and fun.

2019-07-08 03:18:15

Happy to fight anytime as soon as we can figure out how to send fight requests on ps4... my ps4 is sightlesssamurai.

2019-07-08 10:48:59

Check my mixer page for a VOD of an impromptu stream I did the other day, assuming it all worked. You'll hear the menu music for a while as I came back downstairs to share the link out to a couple of people. The stream shows me attempting gauntlet, a bit of training mode, and the story mode, which I somehow managed to, this time, defeat that boss quicker than expected.
My mixer is: mixer.com/jukesy1992

2019-07-09 21:47:19

Hi,
I've got a story for you. I've done it in a kind of thought process style because of the way this worked. Needless to say, this is really awesome.
I received a package the other day when answering the door.
It felt like a box, but it was wrapped.
I thought hold on, is this for me? How can this be for me, this feels like a box. Why would a soundtrack be in a box?
So, I stood there holding onto it until I could get sighted help. At this point, I thought it might be for my parents, because, well, it felt, well... boxy.
So, Mum comes down. I say hay this package arrived.
She says it's for me. So I'm kind of thinking to myself, oh wow, this is probably it, but why is it all like this?
We unwrapped the wrapping paper, which revealed...
another layer.
We unwrapped that next one.
It then revealed a cardboard box.
We opened the cardboard box.
Inside, was a Japanese newspaper. Then another bit of paper.
Then bubblewrap.
Unwrapping the bubblewrap revealed...
A cd.
The next thing Mum said made me go wow.
"It says Samurai Spirits Original Soundtrack".
So, they actually wrote it in English on the CD.
There's artwork of one character on the front, and another on the back.
This was one of the most protected packages I've ever seen. Very well rapped.
I have already listened to some of it. It is a double cd containing 44 tracks.
If anyone would like more info on where to buy this, I will be happy to share the link here. The place I got it from, offers worldwide shipping and supports PayPal and various card types.

2019-07-10 03:54:13

Aaron, would you mind posting the link to that website? I actually really enjoy this game's music, would love to get the thing if it isn't like insanely expensive.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-07-10 10:16:41

Nice. Thanks for sharing this amazing story.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-07-11 13:34:21

Sure.
I got it for around £40 including shipping, give or take. Out of curiosity, if anyone goes for this in the US can they put their pricing here, as I'd be curious.
This was a new site for me, but it is genuine, I got what I ordered. You have to pick your shipping carrier. You make an account, I tihnk you then put your address, select shipping carrier (I chose FedEx as I could thent rack it) and then pay, I think there might be an extra step I'm forgetting. Just make sure when you use PayPal, the checkout fills out the address fields correctly. For instance, in the city field, I actually put both my town and the place it's located in, rather than just my town, as I technically don't live in a city.
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/figures … 95898.html

2019-07-13 03:24:18

Who is everyone maining?

I have finished story mode with half the characters and I’m still exploring but for online play I use Charlotte. And a little Haohmaru to change things up. I like everyone I’ve tried so far though.

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2019-07-13 07:19:14

I mainly Charlotte, but Darley's pretty fun too. I just suck at using her specials... one's really slow, another goes at a weird angle, one needs the opponent to be at like a very specific distance, and the last one is like point blank, which in this game is insanely dangerous.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-07-13 09:08:46

Haomaru when I want an all round jack of all trades character. Genjuro when I want more aggressive play, and Jubei when I want someone who is slow and methodical. I have yet to get good wth Jubei's counters, though.

2019-07-13 16:44:15

Haoramu.

2019-07-14 03:24:19

I think I might give this one a go. After hearing some gameplay and learning about the characters, it seems like it'd be a good time. I'm wondering though, about defense? I hear it's very important in this game. Not to say it isn't in other fighting games, but from what I understand in this one it has increased importance. So I'm just wondering how well a blind player can do with blocking and such? I watched a video of someone playing through the tutorial, and it sounded like some of the heavier attacks could be reacted too.

2019-07-14 15:14:48

Does this game, um, accessible?