2019-06-26 00:36:45

I'm having a similar issue, except that the feeds which show up in the list all say error after them. This makes some sense, I actually do have some feeds which are no longer updated, so I could clean them out for a hopefully smoother experience. However, when I close the program and reopen it, all that shows up are the feeds which have errors, and not any of the others.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-06-26 10:15:44

I am getting the same error on windows 10 64 bit. What is wrong?

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-06-30 02:19:18

Hello!
I am pleased to say that Version 2.1.0 of the program is now available for download.
Version 2.1.0's change log is below:
bug Fix: Fixed a bug with compilation, thanks to Marco Oros for helping identify the problem.
bug fix: Fixed a bug with feed selection
bug fix: Improved the sorting mechanism
Feature Addition: added debug logging
Feature Addition: The Version of the program is now shown in the window title
Typo: Fixed a typo with errors.
Typo: Fixed a typo with the twitter authorisation success message
I was unable to recreate the bug mentioned in I think it was post 20 or 21 regarding feeds from q cast, not being a user of the program myself made it double hard.
If you continue to have errors however, please attach the file to me in an email so I can get exact formatting.

The download link is still the same one as in post one.
Thank you and enjoy!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-06-30 12:04:09

Hi.

Finally, it works! Anybody like me who got that Fatal error detected message, try version 2.1.0. I absolutely love the program.

2019-06-30 19:03:01 (edited by AlexN94 2019-06-30 20:03:23)

Looks like it wants to play, somewhat, with my OPML file now too. Maybe it just needs time to add all the feeds.

Looks cool though.

Minor suggestion, but when deleting a feed, could the yes/no buttons also be activated with just the letters Y/N instead of having to hold down alt+letter? Seems standard enough to me at least.

Another thing: Is there a way to mute the opening/exiting sounds? They are quite lengthy and a tad loud. Alternatively, is it possible to change them yourself?

EDIT
I just ended up adding them manually, nice to see it sorts them alphabetically too, I was worried about that. Is there a limit as to how many feeds it can display though? I noticed it's not showing any after the first 50, but when I try adding them again it says I already have them. Of course... But it isn't shown in the list.

EDIT2
Deleting the folders in my download folder and restarting the programme made the new ones show up in my feed list. Interesting.
Speaking of the download folder, having the current path show up in the settings before the button to select one would be extremely helpful.
Also, hitting the applications key on a search result doesn't do anything, you need to hit enter for that.
And just a thought, in regards to search results. Maybe the feed info could be shown in a window next to the result, as in, you go to the result you want to look at, then hit tab to get to the list of info. Enter could then be dedicated to subscribing. Saves a step at least, though it might make the window a bit more clustered.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-07-01 00:01:47

Ok, this version seems to be playing a bit nicer with my imported OPML file from Downcast, but I'm getting the issue where only a few of the feeds show up as well. Searching for and adding podcasts that way works as expected, though, and since I can still use QCast to get some of the podcasts I subscribe to, I'll add the ones in this program which won't download there. I can see this thing improving in leaps and bounds all the time, keep it up.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-07-01 05:09:16

OK, the error has been fixed. Thanks.

Can you please get rid of the launching and exiting sounds? Other than that, I'm loving the app. Keep up the good work.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-07-05 03:48:51

Is there a reason the programme puts .dat files and a download folder in the folders it already creates for the podcasts? I'm just thinking it might make more sense for the software to keep the .dat files somewhere else and just have it make a folder titled the same as the podcast, only containing the files downloaded from the feed.

Regardless, I like this a lot, especially because it can actually read some of the feeds that used to show up as broken with QCast.

2019-07-11 21:24:18 (edited by AlexN94 2019-07-11 23:01:33)

For some reason, when I open the programme now, it only shows eight of the feeds I previously subscribed to.
Although loading my OPML file seems to bring at least some of them back, it's still a tad odd to lose some fifty feeds like that, especially when I can't even resubscribe because it tells me they're already there.
Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT:
Tried reinstalling, looks like it might not remove everything that it's put on the computer as the settings didn't reset. Also when trying to import a 60 feeds OPML, it still only says "updating 10 feeds" in the status bar, which, by the way, is not set to read only.
After importaing said file and reopening the programme, only nine feeds show up. I'm not sure if it's because it can't handle OPML files above a certain length, but splitting them up in sections of ten at a time seems to help, somehow... At least until opening the software again and having it list a random number of feeds, not always related to how many you have subscribed to.
Anyone else having had this issue?

EDIT2:
Also, after having gone through my list of feeds several times to delete and resubscribe, a way to clear the entire list in one go would be amazing. Also, having an alert pop up to tell you it's successfully deleted seems a tad unnecessary and just kinda slows down the process.
I love the interface though and would gladly switch over to this, but there's still a few issues regarding the whole feed listing thing to be looked into I think. Still, really happy you're making this, the fact it can read feeds QCast considers broken is a huge plus in my opinion.

2019-07-22 16:42:14

Where does this program store downloaded data? I downloaded all episodes from the Magnus Archives, but the rss data folder contains a folder with the podcast name, followed by a downloads folder. However, that folder only contains a .dat file and a media.mp3 file. Where are the files downloaded? I can play downloaded episodes from the program, but I can't locate them in the file system. Does the program store data anywhere else besides the Documents folder?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-07-22 21:27:31

I think in cases like that, it's not renaming the files as it should. Every episode that downloads is most likely named media, so instead of the program batch renaming them or asking you what you'd like to do with the file conflicts, it's only downloading the one file. I've seen this a lot with newer podcasts.

2019-07-23 08:07:41

Confirming, that is sadly indeed the case with The Magnus Archives. It isn't on the creator's end though, ACast apparently renames the files itself.

Alternatively, you can find all the episodes on their YouTube channel and download them from there.