2019-07-04 19:45:47

I said before and am saying again. I'm not going anyplace.

Some of you have a problem with how I do things. That's unfortunate, and I'm going to try and work on that. But some of the problems you have are not my fault, and you'd have them with anyone in the position I'm in.

Pro-tip: you really need to stop referring to me as Hitler-esque. That's a pretty excellent way to lose all credibility, at the very least. Hitler led to the killing of millions of people, and if there are any forum users here who are Jewish, you may risk offending the hell out of them. I am one single person on a forum that affects a very small amount of people in the world at large, and I am most assuredly not advocating genocide or anything close to it. My advice to you is to consider your words before you post any further.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-04 19:49:30 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-07-04 19:52:48)

ok if not hitler, then stalin or benito muusolini, etc should i told you history?
and i'm posting my opinion, my suggestion this topic mustn't be dictatorship

Yours kindly

2019-07-04 19:52:49

Ok, then let me call you, Saddam, would that work better? And your, I am not going anywhere atitude is bound to backfire at you sooner or later.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-07-04 19:58:04

No, that is no better. How about you just stick to facts and get away from hyperbole. That would probably help everyone out.

2019-07-04 20:03:20

What about the fact that now you are the one who is attacking the users personally,

2019-07-04 20:06:05 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-07-04 20:06:51)

um mr jayde you forget this:
moderation
you should not call me hitler or this historycle persons names, and you shouldn't say to me we don't want you in admin team, and now i'm gonna take action, called ban.

Yours kindly

2019-07-04 20:13:16

I'm not warning or banning anyone at this point. And I'm also not attacking anyone. I'm requesting that the personal attacks against me stop. You can vehemently disagree with me all day long. You can say you don't think I belong on the team. That's fine. I don't like it, but I'm not about to step in your way. Where you cross the line is when you allude to historical dictators and compare the two. Very, very bad idea. Just don't do it. That's not a personal attack; that's a fact. Now, if you'd like to show me where I've personally attacked someone, have on.

2019-07-04 20:14:28

Hi.
@31, wouldn't it be total ban?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-07-04 20:15:25

Jesus christ guys.
moderation:
I'm sorry you feel the way you do about Jaydes promotion. Rest assured we're reading your posts.
What's not ok, however, is comparisons to Hitler and the like. I'm not too sure where you think that gets you, but it's entirely unnecessary and serves to ruin your credibility. Discussions are great, peaceful and mature discussions. the moment you begin flinging around insults and attacks is the moment where it stops.
To set something straight I'm in no way throwing out punishment on behalf of your statements. I'm throwing out punishment on the grounds that personal attacks, yes guys calling someone a dictator is a blatant personal attack is against the rules.
So Simba and Master of Death and gamer2004, consider this a warning.
end moderation

I'm stepping out the door as we speak, american independence day after all, and thus won't really be able to respond to this childish shitshow here all that much within the next couple hours or so.

I honestly think those I just warned are needlessly stirring the pot because they want to or are under some impression they can get away with it. Or maybe they simply no longer care. No matter, , civil discourse is the way to go. You might have a personal beef with Jayde (master of death for example) but that in no way entitles you to kick and scream like you all are doing right now. His maturity here already sets him apart, in that he's handling the accusations quite well. So good on him for that.

2019-07-04 20:19:24

I wouldn't have anything against him if he didn't act like this...

2019-07-04 20:23:25

Actually, what difference does it make to be an admin versus a mod? I know mods can't unrestrict, and in that sense it's good to have jayde as he's more active then the other two, especially arqmeister who rarely if ever unrestricts people. So what damage can he do as an admin that he couldn't already as a mod?
As for ironcross and ethen as mods, are you serious? Nothing against either of them, but I wouldn't say they're moderator material. I also wish aprone would come back. In general I think dark was also a good admin, barring one major mistake, and a few other decisions I didn't really agree with. There are a few other people I think could make good mods, like defender (who apparently doesn't want to) and cae_jones (who used to be very active but doesn't seem to be anymore).

2019-07-04 20:29:56

See? That's another thing. Thank you, by the way, for approaching this with a level head.

The only real differences in me being an admin are:
1. I can unrestrict people
2. I have a few more fancy tools to play with, but probably won't even need most of them, and
3. Technically this means that my word might hold a little more clout than it used to.

But you know what this -doesn't mean? It doesn't mean I have the forum in my fist. It doesn't mean I'm unchecked, because even ghough I am of technically equal rank to Aaron now, I'd consider his opinions carefully in anything we deliberated on. Why? Because as much as I don't always agree with his hesitancy, he's been doing this longer than I have, and I can respect that even if it makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.
I'm also advocating for at least one other mod to be raised to admin, meaning people won't get log-jammed by lack of admins because there'll be more of them. Ultimately, this was more a restructuring move than anything else, so that when stuff happened, we were maybe a bit better armed, as a team, to deal with it, given the protocol we put in place.

2019-07-04 20:36:37

I think that for example Ethin would be quite good as a mod. While he often might seam a bit arogant in certain discussions, all the points that he makes can be prooved or checked out by using the sources which are mostly also presented.
I don't see the big picture here.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-07-04 20:40:54

You don't see that Ethin has been banned several times in the past, albeit not too recently. I believe he has actually gotten more "second chances" than pretty much any user, ever. That's not a great endorsement, but it's not a permanently locked door either.
He's also got this thing where he does what I do when I get the bit in my teeth, but arguably worse (YMMV on that one, of course, lol). When we really get going, we don't. freaking. quit. And sometimes we can get a little sharp/unpleasant when that happens. Not a great quality in someone in power, which is why I am trying to curb the worst of it in myself. There is an obvious character flaw I recognize in myself. I don't think it makes me unsuitable as an admin because I am cognizant of it and am thus able to turn it down, at least to some extent, but I know it makes things more difficult. In me, it's a fly in the ointment, or so the saying goes. With Ethin, it's sort of a nail in the coffin at this point in time.

2019-07-04 20:41:51

What's the difference in that we have more admins, if they all are in your hands?

2019-07-04 20:45:15

There's a difference between stirring things up and what this has become. I don't like what this has become, and that it's a daily thing. Also, I never did anything to anyone who didn't have it coming in some way. The ban I received was tenuous at best, and my attempt to reach out and discuss an appeal was met with silence. I was furious at the time, but what lead me to swallow it was that at some point, you have to follow through and do what you say you will, or lose all respect. I had been warned probably a dozen or so times, and they had to follow through with it.

The BSG article hit and I was gleeful, absolutely ecstatic to watch everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and this new presumptuous mod making a right feckin' arse out of himself within the very first day of his tenure. It caused all this though. Now, without the power to see what the alternate timeline would have been, I can only speculate. Perhaps the article caused what it did and we needed what we got, but maybe not. It does bother me that it seemed like Dark was very bias at the time regarding the Walter situation. It also causes me to think what other things were swept under the rug, if any. You know those types of people who live sloppy, and clean up real quick before company are expected? They do the dishes real quick, and shove things into every little hidey hole they can, and their place looks presentable? That could have been what was going on. We just don't know. What we have now is things coming to light and decisions being made and disagreements and drama every day. I say it's a new regime and not a good one.

Now comes the part where things become unpleasant for me, because I really did not want to be the one to say this, but I think people who pay attention to the way things have been going lately will see it for themselves, and so I will not be stating anything new to those people. We have a situation where essentially the head admin is incompetent. He is indecisive, and relies on others to swing him around to their own ways of thinking, but then goes back on it. Aaron is not administrative material, perhaps moderator material, but in a role where he had a job to do and just did that job within established parameters. You can't have a personality like that have the power to promote other admins, demote them, or even weigh in on important decisions. With him being able to be blown along with wherever everyone else is headed, that is the same to me as if you take away one vote. But, instead, that vote still counts, so it's potentially harmful. The way I see it is that if you can't arrive at a decision via your own means, you should not have the power to influence things. If all of your decision making potential rests with the persuasiveness of your colleagues, you become ineffectual, but with the power to still do harm. Now, I have no problem with Aaron personally, I don't even know him.   So to me, it feels like I'm fighting dirty, just sucker punching someone right out of no where, but it had to be said, because we're dealing with something that arose due to incompetence.

So let's take a look at our administrators. Two in absentia for an unknown period of time. One incompetent, indecisive individual. One radical power hungry individual who lets their politics interfere with their decision-making process, and who has the skill needed to manipulate the others. And one who has publicly sworn off administrating this place and who is still here anyway, and whose intent is unclear. The moderators, I'm not even sure anymore. I'd honestly have to dig to see who is still around, but one or two whom you never hear from and Carter. And, it would have been wiser to promote Carter by far, simply due to the fact that he is level-headed but also has the development chops to know what is going on with these games and so forth. suffice it to say that the team is not cohesive, at all. Even using the word team is a stretch at this point. So wouldn't it be somewhat natural for all the others to go along with whatever the fiery one said just so they didn't have to put in their two cents worth? It's certainly easier that way, and one of them seems to do that on the regular anyway. Not only that, but with it suggested multiple times that things are slow on the list (which it seems absurd to me that people still use email lists, I mean use whatsapp or telegram ffs) can you really and truly say that everyone is in support of an idea. For instance, how are votes counted if no vote has been submitted by an individual, or do you wait for everyone to vote (which seems like it could take ages). Generally it would make sense if someone did not declare their affirmation or condemnation of an idea that they are counted as an abstention. So, there are some gray areas here.

Now, why am I continuing to write posts like this? I can assure you all that it is not to stir things up. There are more effective ways to do that. When you come right down to it, this forum is the venue that has the most reach, is well-established, has the user base, and has the game DB. So saying just make another one, it sounds easy, but it is not. I don't know what will happen to this place honestly. I can say this though, it'll only get worse if things with the staff remain as they are now. People are going to keep on as they are, this whole grand notion of a community just stepping up and being better is nonsense and will not happen. Jayde will continue and his power will grow larger and unchecked, which it isn't even now. He will continue to sweet talk the others into larger and larger feats of dictatorship until he is the head admin, and everyone else answers to him. For this forum to get back to the way it was, he needs to go, and Aaron needs to go back to moderator where his scope is limited.

That said, I don't see anyone coming to their sense any time soon, and now that Jayde has tasted the delectable essence of power, he'll never voluntarily give it up. so, as I wrote in the other thread, we either have to deal with things as they are, or leave, because they will not be changing and only will be getting worse.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-04 20:52:45

I have my own candidate as a better mod/admin, although he is currently not on this forum:

Meet Henry. Henry is friendly, though rather timid and quiet, however will regularly make himself heard when he feels it is very important. He is rather fat and old which might impact his future potential for...you know, life on the forum; however, his insight would I am certain be far more useful than the person who was promoted.
His skills include fast running, food discovery, and the ability to lick his nuts with his tongue. He will take payments in doggy treats and tummy rubs.

2019-07-04 21:07:52

Ironcross, if you would care to show me an instance where I have let politics interfere with a staff-based decision, I'd be interested to see it. Oh, I've argued plenty with people about politics here on the forum, and have I ever gone too far? Possibly yes. I'll own that. But I have never warned someone because they're representative of the alt right, I've never threatened someone just because they're not a leftist, and I'm sure as hell not going to start.

You make some germain points, and I want to field them first, but I'm going to finish with a bit of a bang, so hold on.

1. Email list. I hate it. I've always hated it. I want a different way of connecting with other staff and have been saying this since the start. I would've liked a skype group or something, but this has not yet gotten off the ground.
2. Aaron. I've said even publicly that this is a problem he has. He is recognizing it, however, and trying to do better. I think he's getting there. I wouldn't go so far as to say he lets himself swing around; the fact is, he doesn't commit. It's not that he lets himself get guided to wherever people want him, it's that he waffles back and forth. He seems, to me at least, to be worried about offending people or being too firm; I've since told him to just say what he's thinking, air it out, state his opinion and get stuck in, because that's a good way for an admin to be. I'm not suggesting he just throw his weight around - anyone at all doing that can be an awful thing - but I am suggesting he show some more confidence. Because as I've pointed out, someone who's wishy-washy is bad for PR.
3. I did not propose being bumped up to an admin. I think it was either Liam or Carter who originally floated the idea of all mods becoming admins, and that somehow morphed into me showing up first. Carter is fairly busy at the moment, Arqmeister is still an admin and still happy to help out, Liam's future on the team is uncertain (though I've been trying to keep talks open on that front because I truly respect the guy and we could use his help). When it was brought to me, I said that the only way I would do it is if everyone else was generally okay with it. At that point, Aaron basically gave the list a few days to chew on it and issued the "speak now or forever hold your peace" line. No one had any objections, except to say that a few people might be pissed, and so it went.

Now, all those points are pretty good. But you're starting to remind me of the dude who was comparing me to Hitler earlier this afternoon. Yu're destroying all your credibility, because you don't just make good points and then end it. You have to make it personal. I'm not sure what bee you have in your bonnet, but if you want to be taken seriously, it's got to stop. All this business about dictatorship is bullshit. All the business about my politics affecting my judgment is unsubstantiated scaremongering. All the insinuations about how I'm just working all the other mods and admins over to my way of thinking is insulting to both myself and to all the others you think are being manipulated. You really, really need to put the brakes on when it comes to stuff like that, because as the old saying goes, you're writing cheques that you can't cash, and at some point the balance is going to come due with a vengeance. Speaking personally, you are sounding more and more like a conspiracy theorist out to suspect that I have this huge master plan to control everyone and everything (that word power-hungry gave you away, despite all of my evidence which proves this false), and I'm coming to a point where I feel less and less like I need to care what you think. For someone who does make good points sometimes, and who is intelligent enough to know how to handle himself, this is a bad thing.

My advice to you is to do one of two things:
1. Get out of here while you can, and stop trying to stir up dust; community failure clauses exist for a reason, or
2. Re-examine how you're coming across, and if you really want to be part of positive change, reassess how you're coming to the table. Notice how people take you seriously when you speak rationally? Try that a little more often, and you might get somewhere. Right now though, in my eyes at least, your credibility is sort of taking a pounding, and you can't afford that, with the rabble-rousing and shit-disturbing you've done in the past. Just by saying that you only did it to "people who had it coming" is telling in itself.

2019-07-04 21:34:05

what change, there is no change for the better, there is no getting things back to the way they used to be where everything was mostly calm, not with the staff the way they are. So what change. And what can I say, I tend to agree with the Hitler analogy.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-04 21:44:59

The one thing I asked you to do right here and now, and you didn't even bother. More's the pity.

I don't think there's much else that needs to be said about the suitability of your opinion, at least. Please bear in mind that Carter issued warnings to people comparing me to Hitler, as I'm not attempting genocide and that comparison is just unnecessary, no matter how angry and entitled you're feeling right now.

2019-07-04 21:54:10

Is Franco better? A non-genocidal dictator?

2019-07-04 22:01:13

Better, but still not appropriate. We're talking about a micro vs. macro situation at this point. You're also either missing or twisting the bit where this isn't just my choice. The bit where it was Liam that got this ball rolling and the rest of us who all agreed on what was going to happen, if not exactly when and how.

People often like to call any display of power, no matter how necessary, dictatorial. That doesn't make it true. I mean, I can call a bird a fish, but that doesn't make it so.

2019-07-04 23:05:16

Lol, well at least I'm still good at antagonizing people when I feel like it. No I don't really agree with that analogy but I did get a chuckle out of the response from it. Also, you having the nerve to call me entitled, you've just got no clue what entitlement really is. Another, all be it minor, strike against you.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-04 23:09:45

CaeJones, thanks for that. I appreciate perspective. I also know that my tone can be a bit off-putting at times. It usually happens when I get upeet; I sort of stop caring for a little bit about the position I hold, and let's just say that's bad, I know it's bad, and I'm trying to walk away before I hit that point these days. Dotsn't always happen that way. I'm a work in progress.

Ironcross, I know exactly what entitlement is, thanks kindly, but thanks for coming out.

2019-07-04 23:21:08

oh of course you do, you just know everything, how wrong of me to dare to challenge such a good and noble sir such as yourself.

End racism
End division
Become united