2019-07-04 07:55:01

Hello.
Recently, I have been interested in East Asia.
If there are Chinese or Japanese people here, I'll be glad to receive answers to my questions.

At the beginning of the general questions for the Chinese and for the Japanese:
1. How good is being blind in your country?
2. What is the attitude towards foreigners in your country?
3. If you see a foreigner who speaks your language. What will your emotions be?
4. What do you think about your country?
5. What do you think about the people in your country?

Questions for the Chinese:
1. Is it true that the Chinese have a low level of culture of behavior?
2. Is it true that the Chinese throw cigarette butts in the street, litter in the street and can even urinate in the street? Or maybe there are regions of China where there are no such problems?
3. Is it true that in China there are very few girls and it’s hard for guys to find a girlfriend?
4. Is it true that Chinese people like white people?
5. How do you feel about the Japanese, who have been trying to conquer China since 1937?

Questions for the Japanese:
1. How do you feel about China and the Chinese?
2. What is missing in your country?
3. Is it true that people don't talk to each other on a street in Japan? Is it unrealistic to hear people talking on the street, in public transport?
4. How do sighted Japanese treat to blind people?
5. Is it true that a foreigner, even if he has Japanese citizenship, will never be one of the Japanese?

Thanks to all!

2019-07-04 09:41:39

um'm'm'm'm'm'm'm?

2019-07-04 10:31:10

i'm chinese.
1: The situation of Chinese blind people is not good, because there are few jobs that can be chosen. Maybe it is because I am not trying enough to improve myself. But most blind people can only work in massage, and some are engaged in psychological counseling or piano tuning. Maybe There are also telephone sales.
The ultimate result of a blind person engaged in massage work is to open a massage shop or clinic of their own, .
But most blind people can only work in massage, so the market is getting smaller and smaller, and the competition is getting more and more fierce. I don't know if it will improve in the future.
2:: 2: Our country's attitude towards foreigners is definitely good. I think China is the least likely to have racial discrimination.
3: I will feel that this foreigner is amazing because Chinese is difficult to learn.
In addition, I also feel that my country is also amazing, because many foreigners have begun to try to learn Chinese.
4: I feel that my country is very good. Although the situation of the blind is not very good, other aspects are quite good and have great potential.
I hope that the government will pay more and more attention to the work and life of the disabled.
5: The people of our country are of course friendly. Of course, not everyone is good, haha.
Answers specifically for Chinese questions
1: This statement is obviously not objective.
Unless there is no one who has attended school and has not received cultural quality education.
But the fact is that the vast majority of people can receive education and go to school.
There are some foreign university students studying in China who have organized a project called the Foreigner Research Association, which specializes in popularizing the Chinese culture, behavior and differences with other countries, and some very funny content.
2: The situation of littering is really a lot before, and it needs to be traced back to about 15 years ago or even longer.
But now this situation is gone.
As for urinating, it is even more impossible.
3: This statement is not objective.
Usually, I think those who say they can't find a girlfriend are because they don't have enough ability to attract girls. Girls need to be attracted, instead of using their tongues to lick them like dogs.
4: I don't know about this.
But I don't care, whites or other people are good people, and nothing special, each has its own characteristics.
As long as everyone has the ambition to work hard and improve themselves, no matter what kind of people are worthy of respect.
5: My feelings are more complicated, but I have no resentment against the Japanese people, most people.
The sins are all from their government. In particular, I heard that their government not only does not reflect on themselves, but also tampers with historical textbooks, so that their people cannot understand the truth. This is really unforgivable.

2019-07-04 12:03:20 (edited by omer 2019-07-04 12:03:32)

i'M not from china but, uh
3. Is it true that in China there are very few girls and it’s hard for guys to find a girlfriend?

china has  a popilation around 1.3 bilion people
uh, thats just, you know what i mean

2019-07-04 12:08:03

omer, 51.9% are male and 48.1% are female, maybe that 3.8% male cannot find girlfriends

2019-07-04 16:25:11

Thumbs up to post 3 for taking some  less than culturally sensitive questions with very good grace.
@Belov, asking about attitudes and life in other countries is fair enough, but might I suggest you show a bit more respect here. Really, how would you feel if someone asked you whether people in the Ukraine threw litter everywhere, urinated in the street and were unfriendly towards different races.

Asking "are the streets clean in your country", is one thing, asking "do people pee in the street" is quite another, and might I suggest if your actually trying to understand other cultures, learning the difference between politely asking for information and making rude or offensive assumptions is a pretty important distinction.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-04 17:09:35

Dark, I agree with Belov, because there are Russians who live in Shanghai who talk about it.
How can he know the truth without specifying the question?

2019-07-04 18:06:35

Hmm, the japanese modify their history books? Doesn't everyone do that? It's pretty well known that the chinese government does the exact same thing in its media. April of 1989 anyone?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-07-06 09:40:47

@3, If there is a programmer and he wants to work as a programmer. Does he have such an opportunity in China?
Chinese is difficult to write. But spoken Chinese is not so difficult.
About the government, with Chinese totalitarianism, is it possible to hope for something?
On a low culture of behavior.
My friend was in Shanghai a year ago. He said that he often saw a picture when the Chinese urinated on the street or in the subway.
As explained to him, the Chinese are not holding back. Why endure if you can fart, burp or pee in the street.
About girls, as far as I know, rich guys are interesting to girls in China.
@6, Agree with Jonikster, how can I get a specific answer without a specific question?
@8, So do in many countries, including the United States.

2019-07-06 10:14:14

If you are a blind programmer, your best result is to develop blind games to make money.
If you want to work in a regular company, there is almost no chance.
It is really impossible to urinate anywhere on the street, because public toilets can be found everywhere, and you only need to locate them with your mobile phone to find them. It is very convenient.

Belov wrote:

@3, If there is a programmer and he wants to work as a programmer. Does he have such an opportunity in China?
Chinese is difficult to write. But spoken Chinese is not so difficult.
About the government, with Chinese totalitarianism, is it possible to hope for something?
On a low culture of behavior.
My friend was in Shanghai a year ago. He said that he often saw a picture when the Chinese urinated on the street or in the subway.
As explained to him, the Chinese are not holding back. Why endure if you can fart, burp or pee in the street.
About girls, as far as I know, rich guys are interesting to girls in China.
@6, Agree with Jonikster, how can I get a specific answer without a specific question?
@8, So do in many countries, including the United States.

2019-07-06 13:11:10

chinese are land grabbers or territorial grabbers. They are so greedy.
Look at what they are doing in those island in west philippine sea.
O and just a few years ago, do you remember that blind person in china who is openly criticizing there government because of mining in his province? that blind person was forced to seek help from US because there government or there chinese government is harassing him so right now, that blind person is currently staying in US right now.
And alsow what i dont like about chinese are there so many cheap fake products scuttered all over the world.
Here in our area, if you go to a local market, you can see so many cheap and fake products ranging from herbal to electronics all made in china.

2019-07-06 13:26:23

I'm Chinese as well, though not from China, and all the questions have been answered so I'll just add a few thoughts.
I am in agreement with dark about being culturally sensative. Asking polite questions is one thing, making assumptions that are negative and possibly offensive based on only what people tell you is another.

- people modify history books in every country, the west included. But recently, meaning in the past few decades, most western nations have been more open about modifications and admitting mistakes. There are still Asian countries who deny having done anything to tamper with history at all. Canada is a great example of this... very few things have ben discussed about mistreatment of the first nations peoples until the ate 90s, and that hasn't magically fixed the problems. People just know more about them now because we are taught that side of history in school as opposed to a long time ago.

- If your friend saw a picture of people urinating in the street and doing other unseemly things, that's not the same as actually experiencing it. As posts 3 and 10 have stated twice now, that kind of thing was a thing of years ago, not now.
- Finding girlfriends... this is funny. See post 4.
- The Japanese have not been trying to conquer China since 1937. They haven't tried to conquer anyone since the second world war...

- I've been to Japan. Japanese people definitely do talk in the street... it's common to try and keep quiet on the subway out of respect for people who are taking long commutes to work or school and need to sleep. But people most certainly talk to each other.
- Both cultures have a lot to learn when it comes to blind people. But in all, I believe Japan has progressed the most in that area, though still with many, many things that need to change.
- A low culture of behaviour, in response to your question about Chinese people... that depends on more the person than the culture. But the same can be said of any culture in the world. Every culture has things that someone else will find unpleasant.

And my final bit of advice... not all Chinese people are from China, just like not every Japanese person lives in Japan. So attitudes are way different there also. I was born and raised in Canada, but in a very traditional Chinese cultural environment. And I have enough friends, and have done enough research, to reasonably be able to speak about this subject. I also spend probably 80% of my week immersed in Japanese culture hich is why I can share my opinions as well. But those are exactly that, opinions.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-07-07 01:38:01

Culturally insensetive?
A: either the assumptions are correct in which case it is not offensive, but meer facts or ...
B: the person is mistaken for one or another reason, in which case  he or she should be informed that such as littering is not the case, for example. In that case, it's not offensive because it isn't true.
Don't rip on people for asking questions.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-07-07 03:17:45

I have to agree with dark here. Most of the questions on post 1's list are culturally insensitive. Its dangerous to make vast sweeping assumptions about a culture like this.
Second, I highly doubt post 5's statistics, purely because China in particular is a country with a massive population, those stats have to have some kind of skew that post 5 does not acknowledge. If post 5 is correct, then 674700000 people would be male and 625300000 would be female. The likelihood of such a thing is pretty much absolute zero.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-07-07 15:53:43 (edited by goran 2019-07-07 15:56:04)

While I agree that some of the questions can be classified as insensitive, I do believe that the OP doesn't mean to be insensitive on purpose. I mean, speaking from personal experience, language barriors and cultural differences can have a huge impact while  expressing oneself. If he had worded some of the questions differently he wouldn't have been criticized as much. Furthermore, asking is better than not asking and having wrong assumptions. The only 2 questions I don't see the point of are those about the feelings of the Chinese and Japanese people towards each other. And finally at 9, girls being more interested in ritch guys is something universal, not specific to China.

2019-07-07 16:14:23

The US government is very fond of making trouble.
Either support the Philippines to harass China, or support Vietnam or Taiwan, including support for disputes between Japan and China in the South China Sea.
On the contrary, China is definitely not a country that likes to expand its territory.
The current Chinese manufacturing is no longer the case more than 10 years ago.
Whether it is Huawei mobile phones, high-speed rail.
Or the daily necessities in life, the world is using things made in China.
More than 10 years ago, China’s counterfeit and shoddy products were indeed very numerous, but today it is different.
China's new four major inventions:
Online shopping, high-speed rail, mobile payment and shared bicycle haha.
This is the new four inventions that many foreigners have helped China summarize.

UltimateBlade wrote:

chinese are land grabbers or territorial grabbers. They are so greedy.
Look at what they are doing in those island in west philippine sea.
O and just a few years ago, do you remember that blind person in china who is openly criticizing there government because of mining in his province? that blind person was forced to seek help from US because there government or there chinese government is harassing him so right now, that blind person is currently staying in US right now.
And alsow what i dont like about chinese are there so many cheap fake products scuttered all over the world.
Here in our area, if you go to a local market, you can see so many cheap and fake products ranging from herbal to electronics all made in china.

2019-07-08 05:25:46

@ Belov and @Jonikster, are you sure you're not the same person? Just look at those post histories. so similar. Lol.

2019-07-08 15:03:27

rashad, oh no.
Belov is interested in China more, I'm interested in Japan.
Maybe we are similar because of the mentality.
PS
Japanese, where are you?
Personally I'd love to hear from you!

2019-07-08 15:32:12

I'm pretty sure Nyanchan is the only active Japanese forum participant... there are a few I know who read the forum but don't know enough English to post themselves.

2019-07-08 21:29:27

Well, they can do it in Japanese.
まあ、彼らは日本語でそれをすることができます。
My questions can be understood through the translator, I think.

2019-07-08 21:42:16

Well, good luck waiting...and they may just not care enough to participate in thee discussions since most of them come here to read about games only.