2019-06-27 16:09:10

I promise my intent is not to be malicious. I'm just here to create games that I and others enjoy playing. That's it. The only reason servers have gone down in the past is it has been hard for me to maintain a steady income, which is why I offer paid options in my games. But as I'm getting older I now start having more money to work with, so I'm able to maintain a server.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-06-28 16:33:22

Hello,
The game seems to have some optimization issues. Play a few games and don't restart the program. Begin to play your final game and reach 1400 or so. On a slow computer with 2gb ram 1.60ghz processor, the guy will begin to slow down and not respond to your keypresses. On a fast computer with intel i5 2.50ghz 8gb ram, this thing will begin to happen much later. I think this is due to map being not reset after death. also, for optimization purposes, can the  bak part of the map be deleted from memory every like 1500 steps so this doesn't happen?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-06-28 17:46:36

Definitely can look into that.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-06-29 20:30:54

There seems to be some kind of debug stuff in this game. It alerts random numbers. Also I could avoid a canyon without jumping.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-06-30 00:40:19 (edited by CritterPup 2019-06-30 00:40:44)

Here's my one little issue with the game: It takes too long to start. The first 100 squares are blankets of nothingness. I feel that is entirely too long. Maybe the first 25 squares, 40 to 50 max.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2019-06-30 01:16:26

Yep that could be adjusted.

2019-06-30 15:21:16

Hi.

Yeah agreed, first 20 squares is enough, takes way to long now till the game gets really interesting.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-30 16:42:26

Also, invisible obstacles. I've died several times to non-existent poles.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2019-08-25 01:02:37

Finally! A new update for Endless Runner, version 0.34 has just been posted! Changelog is here: https://t.me/masonasons_me/14

2019-08-25 14:23:53

hi.
in the surfaces folder, and in concrete, for example, I see a file called hardland.ogg. when are those used in the game?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-08-25 14:26:46

never. The game's mechanics just require them I think.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-08-25 22:43:41

Ok so you remove scoreboards...great. But...what about people who bought the game to post scores? Seriously man, you need to stop. Just, stop.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-08-26 00:52:25

At least they stilll have the chaos difficulty... Maybe he's planning to add the scoreboard again.

2019-08-26 01:45:43

Hi,

Yes, I do plan to add the scoreboard again once I can get a working php scoreboard system. And yes, the impossible difficulty is still a thing for registered users.

@35, the hardland sound is currently never used, but in the future it may be.

2019-08-26 08:24:34

Endless Runner version 0.35 is here!
Changelog and dl link:

https://t.me/masonasons_me/15

2019-08-28 18:38:25

hi Mason.
are you ever going to add a feature wich allows you to create your own screams when you run into an object?
or are you going to add an option to create your own text when you run into an object that you've created??

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-09-01 04:30:23

Hi Remi,

That's a good idea about the custom text. I'll definitely add that. However the scream probably not. What did you have in mind?

2019-09-01 11:18:28

hi
the scream was just an idea I just randomly came up with.
when you walk on the edge of a pit are the surface allways going to be the same or are you going to add a text file where you can spessify what surface you want it to be?
if I create a waterfall, for example, I could modify that text file to have the surface be water instead    of the ledge surface

2019-09-02 00:41:30

It's funny you say that, because last night while I was working on the previous change you mentioned, I thought of something like that but for obstacles. However, doing something like this for pits would be super easy as well, so I think while I'm at it, I'll add it for that as well!

2019-09-02 05:27:14

Here is the changelog for the current upcoming release of Endless Runner. It's shaping up to be quite the awesome release!

New in 0.36
Modifications to readme (Thanks NS!)
Slightly tweaked chaos to be a little less chaotic. You shouldn't speed up so quickly anymore.
New stat: Total coins earned
Removed step and pit step from LGS menu (Thanks NS).
You can now interrupt getting of coins by continuing to hold A (Thanks NS)
Rope removed from lists of spawnable terrains.
You can now set the surface around an obstacle or a pit. You must have the surface in question in the surfaces folder of the game.
Fixed you were unable to run into Masonjars. Whoops.
Increases effectiveness of jump time item.
Scoreboard now uses dlg rather than alert.
Hopefully a fix for randomly resetting game time.
Ability to set texts when running into custom obstacles (Thanks Remi!)
Debug option for reporting and helping fix bugs in beta builds.
You now lose points for using a blaster.

2019-09-02 16:24:19

hi mason
are you ever going to add behind pitch decreese in this game or are you going to let it just be as it is?

2019-09-02 17:01:57

Personally I don't see the point. I mean the only time you truely move backwards is via blaster so I don't see the usefullness. Do correct me though.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-09-02 18:36:03 (edited by redfox 2019-09-02 19:30:11)

Hi everyone!
I love the game as it is released, but I thought it was a bit boring with the same old obsticles, sooo...
You can download this mod I made, that contains 15 or so more pit sounds, a bunch more tiles, and a few more obsticles. Please note: Some of the obsticles, like the forcefield and plasma field are quite large, and so you need to be careful!
You can download it from google drive here.
Enjoy!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-09-02 19:25:05

HI
@redfox I can't download it, when I press enter on the link it says:
You need permission
Want in? Ask for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more.
how can I download it?

2019-09-02 19:28:39 (edited by redfox 2019-09-02 19:30:27)

Ok, I think I fixed it.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)